ADVERTISEMENT

Far better program???

You know things have hit rock bottom when we have to hear trash talk from the Purdue freaking Boilermakers. I actually stopped in West Lafayette for lunch driving back to Louisville from Chicago 2 years ago. Bad mistake. What a sh!thole.

The big “stadium” at UC is named after him. It certainly was the site of some great Big 10 football.

Stagg Field no longer exists. After they dropped football it was the site of the world’s first nuclear chain reaction in a lab underneath the playing field..

You know things have hit rock bottom when we have to hear trash talk from the Purdue freaking Boilermakers. I actually stopped in West Lafayette for lunch driving back to Louisville from Chicago 2 years ago. Bad mistake. What a sh!thole.

And I get (and pay) a $4 bill from the Texas outfit that collects the tolls for your new bridge. The only toll road or bridge I ever knew where you can’t pay as you go.

Len Dawson stole it from my Vikings.
Brees also stole it from Vikings in the NFC Championship game.

Until Montana and Brady came along, Unitas was considered the greatest NFL QB.

Thats a very impressive stable of QBs.
No one will quibble with the prestige of the Big10.

As of today, Louisville has been the better program the last 30 yrs.
This disaster is a 1 yr abberation.
The right coach can get this team bowl eligible and competing
for the ACC Atlantic.

We believe that Coach is Brohm.

With some luck he might win the Big Ten West this year. I expect he can win it next year and within two years he might beat the Bjg Ten East Champ and be a Playoff team. That isn’t happening in the ACC Atlantic very soon.

Reactions: idaho_bob
This is a football board. The METRO CONFERENCE has ZERO to do with UofL Cardinal football. To bring up conference affiliation in a discussion about UofL football and include the Metro Conference makes you look uninformed and stupid. Which you are.
Got enough straws there big boy?

You sound like an iu fan, are ya?

This is a football board. The METRO CONFERENCE has ZERO to do with UofL Cardinal football. To bring up conference affiliation in a discussion about UofL football and include the Metro Conference makes you look uninformed and stupid. Which you are.
Well, I’m going to watch the Boilers kick some gopher ass, and you can go watch the tape of the Syracuse game, enjoy!

Reactions: PhiTauCard
With some luck he might win the Big Ten West this year. I expect he can win it next year and within two years he might beat the Bjg Ten East Champ and be a Playoff team. That isn’t happening in the ACC Atlantic very soon.

2016 Louisville was 7-1 in conference.

3 yards from 8-0 and ACC Title game.

Two years from now, will be Brohm's second year at UofL.

There's little chance in our situation Brohm would consider a move to U of L if it wasn't for personal ties.

Any U of L fans arguing otherwise are making the rational part of our fanbase look bad...
Louisville has a lot to offer and if the job comes open it will attract quite a few excellent candidates. Coaches aren’t doing accounting, except perhaps for themselves. They want to go to someplace where they can win and have a good life for their families. Multiple coaches have won here, and one bad year doesn’t change that. Facilities and support are excellent. Power 5 conference. Recent Heisman winner. Multiple players in the NFL. Good talent in the roster. Zipp, get a grip. Coaches know this can be turned around, and quickly. Just like John L after Cooper. If Vince pulls the trigger he will have several good options.

I’ve seen a lot of you guys state that UL is a far better program, here are some facts:

All time winning percentage:UL-.526 PU-.520. Push
All time bowl games UL-10-11 PU-10-8. Push
Football Conference UL-ACC PU- Big Ten. Ad-PU
Conference Division. Ad-PU
$ available Ad-PU

What am I missing? How is UL a better job?
You are getting your ass handed to you by Minnasota. You guys act like you won the damn championship or something....get lost.

Reactions: earsky
In the last 3 decades UofL has WON a Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl and had a Heisman Trophy Winner.

Couple that success with a comparison of facilities and cities, and there is no comparison even if Brohm wasn’t a local alum coming home. Not sure how that’s even debatable???

The only toll road or bridge I ever knew where you can’t pay as you go.
Pay as you go? Wtf are you talking about? Yeah,let's make everybody stop and pay at the bridge.Traffic backed up to Indianapolis one way and Nashville the other way.

Reactions: GoldCard
The Big Ten is OSU, Wisky, Mich, Mich St. When one thinks of Big Ten football they dont think of Purdue. UofL has won a Fiesta Bowl (91) Orange Bowl (06), and Sugar Bowl (13). Purdue won the 1967 Rose Bowl...thumbs up. But what since? Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in 2011 and Foster Farms Bowl in 17! Boiler Up!

There's little chance in our situation Brohm would consider a move to U of L if it wasn't for personal ties.

Any U of L fans arguing otherwise are making the rational part of our fanbase look bad...

I diagree. With our facilities, ACC position, football history, and our commitment to paying good money to HC’s and assistants, i think we’re in a postion to attract a lot of coaches. We shall soon see.

Reactions: GoldCard
Pay as you go? Wtf are you talking about? Yeah,let's make everybody stop and pay at the bridge.Traffic backed up to Indianapolis one way and Nashville the other way.

I thought the same thing. Poor guy has clearly never been to Florida. Those are the only kinds of roads they have down there.

Reactions: earsky
In the last 3 decades UofL has WON a Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl and had a Heisman Trophy Winner.

Couple that success with a comparison of facilities and cities, and there is no comparison even if Brohm wasn’t a local alum coming home. Not sure how that’s even debatable???

No comparison? lol. You must not have been around during the Tiller years at Purdue. They were a huge deal then and can be again. If you asked outsiders, I’d guess the majority would agree that going from Purdue to Louisville would be a lateral move. If Brohm didn’t have his UL connections, this wouldn’t even be a discussion right now.

No comparison? lol. You must not have been around during the Tiller years at Purdue. They were a huge deal then and can be again. If you asked outsiders, I’d guess the majority would agree that going from Purdue to Louisville would be a lateral move. If Brohm didn’t have his UL connections, this wouldn’t even be a discussion right now.

Lateral move? Ha! We have recent success that Purdue does not possess , plus a stadium resembling a NFL team, not something like ross ade that looks like a place some motley crue roadies assembled over night.

Well, I’m going to watch the Boilers kick some gopher ass, and you can go watch the tape of the Syracuse game, enjoy!
Funny stuff. Boilers made the Gophers look like the Patriots today. Go watch your tape!

So the last 10 years, Louisville has had 2 losing seasons and are now in the ACC.
The job is plenty attractive.

Last 10 Purdue has had how many losing seasons ?

Purdue won 9 games in 4 seasons.
Louisville won 9 games in 2016.

You should be grateful that a Louisville alum rescued yalls program.
A Louisville alum didn't save Purdues program. Purdues new AD made the program attractive and gave a good coach everything needed to win. That's who saved the program.

Good so you won’t have an issue finding another good coach when Brohm departs. So what’s your issue?

Chicsgo has 10 million people and lots of toll
Roads and lots of ways to pay without getting a bill sent from Texas with a picture of your car.

Reactions: beardownboiler
The Big Ten is OSU, Wisky, Mich, Mich St. When one thinks of Big Ten football they dont think of Purdue. UofL has won a Fiesta Bowl (91) Orange Bowl (06), and Sugar Bowl (13). Purdue won the 1967 Rose Bowl...thumbs up. But what since? Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in 2011 and Foster Farms Bowl in 17! Boiler Up![/QUOTE

You must have been vacationing in Monaco when we beat # 3 Kansas State in Alamo Bowl!

Oh my....I bet you greatly regret this post. I’m ambiguous about this loss. I hate it for Jeff but have a tinge of a smirk about Purdue. Enjoy your evening.

I guess I just don't understand how Purdue can have some of the best training facilities in the big ten and yet, people act like it's comparable to a d3 college. Also haven't figured out how history is hurting Purdue and Brohms ability to be successful.

Lateral move? Ha! We have recent success that Purdue does not possess , plus a stadium resembling a NFL team, not something like ross ade that looks like a place some motley crue roadies assembled over night.

Yes a lateral move. Take off your homer goggles.

Louisville has a lot to offer and if the job comes open it will attract quite a few excellent candidates. Coaches aren’t doing accounting, except perhaps for themselves. They want to go to someplace where they can win and have a good life for their families. Multiple coaches have won here, and one bad year doesn’t change that. Facilities and support are excellent. Power 5 conference. Recent Heisman winner. Multiple players in the NFL. Good talent in the roster. Zipp, get a grip. Coaches know this can be turned around, and quickly. Just like John L after Cooper. If Vince pulls the trigger he will have several good options.
Straw man argument. That stuff has nothing to do with my Brohm comments...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT