ADVERTISEMENT

Far better program???

idaho_bob

No-Ranking Prospect
May 5, 2005
I’ve seen a lot of you guys state that UL is a far better program, here are some facts:

All time winning percentage:UL-.526 PU-.520. Push
All time bowl games UL-10-11 PU-10-8. Push
Football Conference UL-ACC PU- Big Ten. Ad-PU
Conference Division. Ad-PU
$ available Ad-PU

What am I missing? How is UL a better job?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
All-time record is not as valid as record last 20 years or so.
You didn’t mention conference titles, facilities (CS>>RAS) and to say B1G is better than ACC is a matter of opinion. UofL also is very well supported. Your conference may give you more money, but overall UofL does quite well financially.

That said, I still think it’s a somewhat lateral move, but the family and alma mater factors also
Have to be included.

Op,I think you're misinterpreting what most here are saying.Most here think it's a better job for Jeff Brohm. I guess we'll see whether or not he sees it that way.:)

Reactions: GoldCard
Bottom line if Brohm never went to Louisville he wouldn't even consider them. But he did so if he wants to go home nothing going to stop that

Reactions: Bank Cat
I’ve seen a lot of you guys state that UL is a far better program, here are some facts:

$ available Ad-PU

All time wins? Lol. Who gives a $hit about that? Purdue used to be in a conference with University of Chicago. Those wins mean so much.

Op,I think you're misinterpreting what most here are saying.Most here think it's a better job for Jeff Brohm. I guess we'll see whether or not he sees it that way.:)
Very fair point, however , and maybe this is just me, I got the feeling that you guys think that way with all things being equal.

Bottom line if Brohm never went to Louisville he wouldn't even consider them. But he did so if he wants to go home nothing going to stop that

Stupid post.

Steve Alford is a Hoosier native, legend, and IU graduate.
He wanted the Louisville basketball job.

Brohm would be on Louisville's list regardless of where he is from.

Coming into this season, Louisville had the third best conference record since
joining the AcC.

Keep up that lame talking point.

All time wins? Lol. Who gives a $hit about that? Purdue used to be in a conference with University of Chicago. Those wins mean so much.

Oh, I almost forgot the quality of conference UL has been in...LOL

Over the years, Louisville has competed in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, the Ohio Valley Conference, the Missouri Valley Conference, the Metro Conference, Conference USA, and the Big East Conference. The KIAC, the OVC, the MVC and the Big East are still around, the others have been relegated to ash heap of conference realignments.

Killer stuff there.....

Over the years, Louisville has competed in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, the Ohio Valley Conference, the Missouri Valley Conference, the Metro Conference, Conference USA, and the Big East Conference. The KIAC, the OVC, the MVC and the Big East are still around, the others have been relegated to ash heap of conference realignments.

Killer stuff there.....

Get lost grover.

Reactions: wilkie01

Killer stuff there.....

No $hit...that’s why all time wins are stupid. Thanks for making my point.

No $hit...that’s why all time wins are stupid. Thanks for making my point.
Exactly, over 100 years of big ten football is not equal to..., whatever conferences you guys have been in...and we still have comparable records is why we’re a better program.

$ available Ad-PU

I guess we’ll see which program your boy thinks is better. That’s all that matters right now.

Exactly, over 100 years of big ten football is not equal to..., whatever conferences you guys have been in...and we still have comparable records is why we’re a better program.

You are failing logic class. Congrats on that great 1937 season though!!!

And Purdue has always had to play Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, and several other legit programs for a long period of time. Louisville didn’t have to play that quality of competition for the majority of their existence.

Reactions: awf and idaho_bob
Stupid post.

Steve Alford is a Hoosier native, legend, and IU graduate.
He wanted the Louisville basketball job.

Brohm would be on Louisville's list regardless of where he is from.

Coming into this season, Louisville had the third best conference record since
joining the AcC.

Keep up that lame talking point.

He’d be on your list but he wouldn’t give you serious consideration.

Reactions: idaho_bob
He’d be on your list but he wouldn’t give you serious consideration.

So the last 10 years, Louisville has had 2 losing seasons and are now in the ACC.
The job is plenty attractive.

Last 10 Purdue has had how many losing seasons ?

Purdue won 9 games in 4 seasons.
Louisville won 9 games in 2016.

You should be grateful that a Louisville alum rescued yalls program.

Reactions: TDredbird
So the last 10 years, Louisville has had 2 losing seasons and are now in the ACC.

It’s attractive but if not for his personal connection to the school, I think most folks would consider that a lateral move at best.

You try winning more than 9 games in 4 years with D. Hazell...

Johhny Unitas >

giphy.gif

Killer stuff there.....
The Metro did not have football, Mr. Know It All. Louisville competed as an independent in football during their Metro Conference days.

Reactions: American Male
Johhny Unitas >

Kerry, I congratulate you on your career. Johnny was one of the grestest of his era. My first NFL game
pitted Johnny against Bart Starr, another pretty fair QB. However, Purdue is the “Cradle of Quarterbacks”
With three winning Super Bowl QB’s including two HOFers and another who is a “Lock”. Their names are Len Dawson, Bob Griese and Drew Bree’s. Purdue quarterbacks have started more games, completed more passes and thrown more touchdown passes than any other school and it is not even close. NFL Quarterbacks from Purdue include Dawson, Griese, Brees, Mike Phipps, Gary Danielson, Mark Herrmann, Scott Campbell, Jim Everett, Kyle Orton and Curtis Painte. The first great passing duo in the NFL was the Packers’ Cecil Isbell from Purdue and Alabama’s Don Hutson.
As for the Big Ten, it is the oldest Intercollegiate sports association in the country and the only one which has never lost a member institution who left to become a member of another conference.

A Louisville alum didn't save Purdues program. Purdues new AD made the program attractive and gave a good coach everything needed to win. That's who saved the program.

Reactions: awf and idaho_bob
The Metro did not have football, Mr. Know It All. Louisville competed as an independent in football during their Metro Conference days.
A) never said they did
B) the comparison was conference affiliation
C) copied this from a UL website, not my info...

There, and now you know the rest of the story...

Kerry, I congratulate you on your career. Johnny was one of the grestest of his era. My first NFL game
pitted Johnny against Bart Starr, another pretty fair QB. However, Purdue is the “Cradle of Quarterbacks”
With three winning Super Bowl QB’s including two HOFers and another who is a “Lock”. Their names are Len Dawson, Bob Griese and Drew Bree’s. Purdue quarterbacks have started more games, completed more passes and thrown more touchdown passes than any other school and it is not even close. NFL Quarterbacks from Purdue include Dawson, Griese, Brees, Mike Phipps, Gary Danielson, Mark Herrmann, Scott Campbell, Jim Everett, Kyle Orton and Curtis Painte. The first great passing duo in the NFL was the Packers’ Cecil Isbell from Purdue and Alabama’s Don Hutson.
As for the Big Ten, it is the oldest Intercollegiate sports association in the country and the only one which has never lost a member institution who left to become a member of another conference.

Len Dawson stole it from my Vikings.
Brees also stole it from Vikings in the NFC Championship game.

Until Montana and Brady came along, Unitas was considered the greatest NFL QB.

Thats a very impressive stable of QBs.
No one will quibble with the prestige of the Big10.

As of today, Louisville has been the better program the last 30 yrs.
This disaster is a 1 yr abberation.
The right coach can get this team bowl eligible and competing
for the ACC Atlantic.

We believe that Coach is Brohm.

A) never said they did
B) the comparison was conference affiliation
C) copied this from a UL website, not my info...

There, and now you know the rest of the story...
This is a football board. The METRO CONFERENCE has ZERO to do with UofL Cardinal football. To bring up conference affiliation in a discussion about UofL football and include the Metro Conference makes you look uninformed and stupid. Which you are.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT