ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Ball

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Okay, so the newest edition of Cardinal baseball started in earnest yesterday with everyone reporting to practice at Patterson. Time for a renewed vigor to get back where we belong-among the elite programs in the country.

This group looks to be flying way under the radar,which imo helps unify the players to work together to get there. There are lots of returning pieces to build from as Mac and Co. look to build a competitive and complete squad. Of course, there are questions too but let's wait and see how the transfers,Freshmen and RS Freshmen are able to contribute to the cause.

Looking forward to seeing what we've got with pitching and infield, two huge question marks. Can't wait for these scrimmage to start in a few weeks.

Reactions: Deeva
Okay, so the newest edition of Cardinal baseball started in earnest yesterday with everyone reporting to practice at Patterson. Time for a renewed vigor to get back where we belong-among the elite programs in the country.

This group looks to be flying way under the radar,which imo helps unify the players to work together to get there. There are lots of returning pieces to build from as Mac and Co. look to build a competitive and complete squad. Of course, there are questions too but let's wait and see how the transfers,Freshmen and RS Freshmen are able to contribute to the cause.

Looking forward to seeing what we've got with pitching and infield, two huge question marks. Can't wait for these scrimmage to start in a few weeks.
Man, I have to admit Louisville baseball is far down in my mind currently with Cards sports. Baseball in general has been bad for me as being a Braves fan this season can attest. No one can remember a top team being so decimated with injuries.

And with the excitement of football about to commence and the surprising dominance in the Bahamas for the hoops team, there's just not enough room in my aging brain to conjecture on Louisville baseball. It seems a thousand days away.

But I will say this. Coach Mac best get it turned around in 2025 or his seat is going to be as hot as it has ever been.

That's why I'm posting on the baseball board. It's part of the problem as some perceive it to be,as we regularly talk bball and football year round. No difference to me talking baseball in the Fall as the new faces go through practice and Spring football. I can do both or all 3 😁.

Oh I agree. I'm not taking anything away from you. I have talked baseball in the fall plenty of times. It's actually unusual for me to be so apathetic, but like I said, baseball has been brutal this season for me.

I check the baseball board daily. My Tyler Fitzgerald thread still has no replies. He's a former Card that's been a big surprise for the Giants this season.

So seriously though,the Program needs more support in any way that Cardinal fans can give it. More fan support, more financial support and more getting behind the Program when the chips are down. Especially when ACC play starts,we need to get to the park like last night at the Bats game for UofL night. That's my 2,now back to baseball. Intrasquad scrimmages coming soon with warm weather, byob,free admission and hopefully high caliber baseball.

Not yet but I'll be getting my walks in @ around the ballfield this week. Scrimmages this weekend I think.

Reactions: nccardfan
Ok,so I just started getting my toes wet over here at 3rd and Central today with this latest edition of Cardinal baseball.
Got to see Forbes and West going at it. I'll say, I thought the pitchers certainly competed against a group of hungry hitters.

Impressions really other than watching some serious looking baseball players fighting for a spot,lots of new faces. The youngsters look fast and small like Alex and the transfers are all big dudes.

Gonna need a minute just to put numbers and names together. I liked the competition between pitchers and hitters today,with sprinkles of dynamite defensive gems.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT