ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd Prediction for GT

beantowncard

15000+
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2009
it's two weeks to go, but unless there's a light rain or it's time for the St. James Art Fair, we should have a very good crowd for Georgia Tech. About 47k and 48k for the first two games. You figure Tech will bring some fans, and there will be more interest now that we are in to conference. I predict 53k if there is good weather. 48k if not.

it's two weeks to go, but unless there's a light rain or it's time for the St. James Art Fair, we should have a very good crowd for Georgia Tech. About 47k and 48k for the first two games. You figure Tech will bring some fans, and there will be more interest now that we are in to conference. I predict 53k if there is good weather. 48k if not.
You going to fly in for the game? There is a daily direct flight now from and to Boston & Louisville now! Did not know if you had knowledge of that Bean Man!

You going to fly in for the game? There is a daily direct flight now from and to Boston & Louisville now! Did not know if you had knowledge of that Bean Man!
Actually I’m in Connecticut these days but kept the moniker. It sounds better than “Nutmegcard”. I’ll be out of country, sadly, for the GT game.

• Love
Reactions: UofLouisville
55k is what I'll go with.

Last year we played BC at home at 3:30 on a similar date and got about 48k. But we've had a year with a lot of good momentum and people are buying in. We are ranked and vibes are just solid. Great start time too. I think it will be a great crowd. We'll have 2 weeks to build some hype.

Here were our Saturday crowds last year
BC 48k at 330
ND 59k at night
Duke 52k at 330
VT 50k at 330
UK 59k at noon

I think Brohm built up some good will last year and people are buying in again. It takes time, but Saturday will show the fans are back invested.

Bourbon & Beyond will be going on at the Fairgrounds during Georgia Tech game. Hotels and parking will be in high demand.

Sounds like too much will be competing with GT-UofL. Big events within a mile or less, at about the same time.

I will go with 49,500.

Last edited:
I say a little more than the last game. I don’t understand why the place isn’t packed every game? Maybe ticket prices? It really hurts recruiting imo as these kids make multiple visits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT