ADVERTISEMENT

FAAARR Grantham............

Guys,

Is it even worth comparing? Todd Grantham has been coaching defenses since 1990. Sirmon started coaching around 2008 and most, of not all his experience has been at linebacker coach because he played linebacker at college and in the NFL. Petrino made a gamble on a young, up and comer that is over his head, period.

Agree 100%. On the job training shouldn’t happen in the SEC or ACC.

Howard Schnellenberger won 5 games in three years.

Did he suck? No!

But he had NO players. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

MSU sucks because they have worse players than othe $EC teams. We suck because we don’t have ACC talent OR depth. Sirmon didn’t cause this.

He may suck, but how do we know? He might be great with some speed and size to work with.

We can blame Sirmon all we want, but the REAL problem is Bobby.

And we’ve seen it coming since the duke game last year.

If he doesn’t lose the Offense First mentality WE are going to lose more more than we should.

Our best FB is behind us, and our current leadership is fine with ACC “participation money”.

So we are what we are, and I’m not sure anybody who counts, cares.

Reactions: wilkie01
Does that include AD’s?

I wouldn’t equate the two. A defensive coordinator requires a very specific skill set where you have to make very specific decisions every 20 seconds. I don’t think there is much that can prepare one for that other than specific experience in that role.

On the other hand, the AD position entails more a broad-based skill-set that can be honed outside an athletics role. It involves more effective management skills - leadership, budgeting, contract knowledge, Human Resources, fundraising, general sports acumen, etc

I wouldn’t equate the two. A defensive coordinator requires a very specific skill set where you have to make very specific decisions every 20 seconds. I don’t think there is much that can prepare one for that other than specific experience in that role.

On the other hand, the AD position entails more a broad-based skill-set that can be honed outside an athletics role. It involves more effective management skills - leadership, budgeting, contract knowledge, Human Resources, fundraising, general sports acumen, etc
Ok.

I’m sure it will be fine.

I really think what you guys are seeing is Grantham back in his comfort/familiar zone in the SEC.
Sirmon besides experience level is having to learn that ACC. I also believe the styles of the different head coaches....State ground and pound vs UofL pinball wizard scoring...has some to do with it.

What a completely ridiculous post.
Great point. Who would you hire to come in and make a big change year one?
We'll he's a SuCkS fan.

What do they know about 'foosball'...........
Lose enough, go through enough underachieving coaches, watch other conference teams rise and fall...
Go through probations, lose plenty of Heartbreakers....
Hey, in sixty years you learn a lot.

Back to Ghost....what's you're answer to the defensive situation? Buy out Sirmon for who and who do you see existing under Petrino?

Great point. Who would you hire to come in and make a big change year one?

Lose enough, go through enough underachieving coaches, watch other conference teams rise and fall...
Go through probations, lose plenty of Heartbreakers....
Hey, in sixty years you learn a lot.

Back to Ghost....what's you're answer to the defensive situation? Buy out Sirmon for who and who do you see existing under Petrino?
Fire sirmon for cause and hire Bob Diaco when Nebraska cans Riley.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Fire sirmon for cause and hire Bob Diaco when Nebraska cans Riley.
Sounds good enough of you find cause.
Most places 'cause' doesn't include you aren't really what you were supposed to be.
One thing I have to hand you guys, you have some seriously deep pockets for the athletics crew. (I saw some of the posts on the dollar figures). If Mr.Tyra follows the same pay scale....and he should since he himself is getting big pay for a rookie AD....the Cards can afford Alabama/Clemson style salaries. That's impressive to say the least.

Sounds good enough of you find cause.
Most places 'cause' doesn't include you aren't really what you were supposed to be.
One thing I have to hand you guys, you have some seriously deep pockets for the athletics crew. (I saw some of the posts on the dollar figures). If Mr.Tyra follows the same pay scale....and he should since he himself is getting big pay for a rookie AD....the Cards can afford Alabama/Clemson style salaries. That's impressive to say the least.
The “for cause” was a little tongue in cheek but if they say they can fire Jurich for “harming the university” after all he’s done for the last 20 years - should be easy to justify canning someone who’s destroyed the defense in the last 20 weeks.

I doubt Tyra will limit Petrino on what he can do to get a new DC. There's enough people waiting for Tyra to fall huge.
If he handcuffs the football program now, he may as well pack his bags.

Reactions: wilkie01
I doubt Tyra will limit Petrino on what he can do to get a new DC. There's enough people waiting for Tyra to fall huge.
If he handcuffs the football program now, he may as well pack his bags.

How this should go is Tyra saying “you and Tom f’ed this hire up last year with this ridiculous contract. If you want to hire a new DC then we can adjust your compensation package first Bobby”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT