ADVERTISEMENT

FAAARR Grantham............

The first rule as an employee is you get along with your boss, otherwise you won't be employed by him.

Second, you're leaving out the 2016 games where the defense was atrocious;

Clemson
Houston
SuCkS
LSU.

So your OP is a fail.

My OP is not a fail. JHC, Shaq Wiggins, Hearns and many others were injured at the end of the season. They were the core of the man to man defense. Take away guys like that and you suffer.

Clemson: Blame Quick for stepping out of bounds. Nothing to do with the defense.

Sirmon is a bad joke.

Reactions: Kentucky31
The first rule as an employee is you get along with your boss, otherwise you won't be employed by him.

Second, you're leaving out the 2016 games where the defense was atrocious;

Clemson
Houston
SuCkS
LSU.

So your OP is a fail.
I would never punt....defense is terrible. Fire the DC now....and start looking for a new one.

My OP is not a fail. JHC, Shaq Wiggins, Hearns and many others were injured at the end of the season. They were the core of the man to man defense. Take away guys like that and you suffer.

Clemson: Blame Quick for stepping out of bounds. Nothing to do with the defense.

Sirmon is a bad joke.

At Clemson defense fell behind 28-10.
Cards score 26 unanswered. Take lead. NOW IS THE TIME for the defense
to make stops and preserve the lead. They didnt.

Players always come and go.
You're in the ACC. You reload or get this crap.

Grantham is the reason he's not here.
OP and subsequent post =FAIL

At Clemson defense fell behind 28-10.
Cards score 26 unanswered. Take lead. NOW IS THE TIME for the defense
to make stops and preserve the lead. They didnt.

Players always come and go.
You're in the ACC. You reload or get this crap.

Grantham is the reason he's not here.
OP and subsequent post =FAIL
Yeah - no way we should have given up that many points to the national champs. I mean Alabama fired their DC - right?

Reactions: Kratz
Yeah, Clemson held Bama scoreless on a neutral site, right?

Oops.......... 35-10 Wake. There's your fail. I guess you're ready to give Sirmon a raise and extension?

This UofL defense is lazy and out of shape. No hurry to get back to the line. the secondary misses tackles and the corners get beat down the field.

Yeah - no way we should have given up that many points to the national champs. I mean Alabama fired their DC - right?

2016 Clemson scored 30 against Troy, 26 against GT, 24 against NC st
and other games where they scored less than 42.

The mark of a good defense is to get key stops in the 4th quarter.
Grantham didnt.

He gone. Good riddance.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Yeah, Clemson held Bama scoreless on a neutral site, right?

Oops.......... 35-10 Wake. There's your fail. I guess you're ready to give Sirmon a raise and extension?

Granthams defense gave up 41 to SuCkS at home on Senior day.

Grantham SuCkS. He was fired.

Keep going Kerry. You're doing great is your support for Sirmon. Everyone is behind you and ready to give Sirmon a raise and extension.

Sirmon is bad, but he also didn't have Charlie's recruits to coach. Grantham is a huge reason why we don't have any players on defense, he didn't recruit anything but a few transfers.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
And getting rid of him led to sirmon - pretty bad trade. If you think Grantham sucks - maybe you’re the one who needs to stop drinking.

I don't drink.

You're being ignorant.

Grantham s defense SuCked last season.

Grantham was so great that Richt took him to Miami with him.

Oh wait..........

Clown.

Your idiotic post doesn't even dignify a response.
Stop drinking.

Yet you responded. Maybe you should start a go fund me account to keep Sirmon and get him the raise you think he deserves.

The idiot is the one that sees Wake go for over 600 yards against your team and defends the defensive cooridinator.

Sirmon is bad, but he also didn't have Charlie's recruits to coach. Grantham is a huge reason why we don't have any players on defense, he didn't recruit anything but a few transfers.
So, you credit the previous HC for good defensive recruiting but blame the DC of the following staff for the lack of recruiting?

You don’t think it’s mostly on petrino?

Reactions: wilkie01
So, you credit the previous HC for good defensive recruiting but blame the DC of the following staff for the lack of recruiting?

You don’t think it’s mostly on petrino?
Who said it wasn't? I said that Granthem let the defensive talent dwindle down to zilch.

I don't drink.

You're being ignorant.

Grantham s defense SuCked last season.

Grantham was so great that Richt took him to Miami with him.

Oh wait..........

Clown.
WTF are you talking about? Grantham left Richt and Georgia in 2014 to come here. Richt got fired 2 years later and went to Miami while Grantham was still here.

I’m ignorant? You don’t know basic facts. Your post was a complete fail. Maybe you should start drinking.

Dumbass.

Who said it wasn't? I said that Granthem let the defensive talent dwindle down to zilch.
And I say the defensive talent / recruiting is on petrino. I also say if Grantham was the DC still - the defense wouldn’t be anything close to this shitshow.

WTF are you talking about? Grantham left Richt and Georgia in 2014 to come here. Richt got fired 2 years later and went to Miami while Grantham was still here.

I’m ignorant? You don’t know basic facts. Your post was a complete fail. Maybe you should start drinking.

Dumbass.

Yeah.
I can admit I was wrong.

You Grantham slurpers can't admit he SUCKED AND IS THE TOTAL REASON
HE ISN'T HERE.

Keep sobbing over the fired clown.

Yeah.
I can admit I was wrong.

You Grantham slurpers can't admit he SUCKED AND IS THE TOTAL REASON
HE ISN'T HERE.

Keep sobbing over the fired clown.
Look at our defense last year and compare it to this year. Now look at Mississippi State‘s defense last year and compare it to this year. There sure are a helluva lot of people that are in, and know a helluva lot more about football than you - that continue to pay him millions to lead defenses.

Do I think Grantham is the best defensive coordinator history of football? Of course not but, compared to sirmon he sure as shit is. After seeing sirmon all season, I can’t believe anyone that knows the first effing thing about football wouldn’t want over this idiot. I’m “sobbing” because of the replacement.

That’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: CARDWIZ
Look at our defense last year and compare it to this year. Now look at Mississippi State‘s defense last year and compare it to this year. There sure are a helluva lot of people that are in, and know a helluva lot more about football than you - that continue to pay him millions to lead defenses.

Do I think Grantham is the best defensive coordinator history of football? Of course not but, compared to sirmon he sure as shit is. After seeing sirmon all season, I can’t believe anyone that knows the first effing thing about football wouldn’t want over this idiot. I’m “sobbing” because of the replacement.

That’s all I’m saying.

When have I once said Sirmon was any good ?
I said last month that Sirmon needed to go after the Clemson game.

Grantham's refusal to STOP BLITZING every down led to his downfall.
He probably cursed that idiot Petrino out and got fired.

If the Cards lose those last 3 and the defense play 50 times better, than Grantham is still here.

The defense isn't the only problem.
The offense SuCkS also. They gained what 3 yds under Pass.

Granthams wasnt the answer.
Sirmon should never coach anywhere-again.
Petrino needs to go-now.

When have I once said Sirmon was any good ?
I said last month that Sirmon needed to go after the Clemson game.

Grantham's refusal to STOP BLITZING every down led to his downfall.
He probably cursed that idiot Petrino out and got fired.

If the Cards lose those last 3 and the defense play 50 times better, than Grantham is still here.

The defense isn't the only problem.
The offense SuCkS also. They gained what 3 yds under Pass.

Granthams wasnt the answer.
Sirmon should never coach anywhere-again.
Petrino needs to go-now.
I’m not saying you’re a sirmon fan - or think he’s any good. But if you can’t understand why the OP and a good chunk of the rest of us would rather have Grantham than sirmon, I’m not sure what to tell you.

I think what makes the thread pointless is that even though the media made it sound like we “traded” DC’s, that’s not what happened. Grantham was gone because he couldn’t get along with Bobby and Bobby wanted to minimize the loss be filling the position as if we didn’t miss a beat. Yeah we probably got the short end of the stick but you don’t know what kind of defense Grantham inherited at MSU. Anyway doesn’t matter because they touched black and no trade back. It’s a mute point but as ghost said we are in this situation because of the HC.

They both suck.
Well let’s conpare shall we? sirmon got teabagged and made weak forest look like the patriots allowing them 600+ yds for like the first time ever.

Meanwhile Grantham’s MSU defense has given up 7 points and 160 yds through 3 1/2 quartersat TAMU.

Yeah - “they both suck”. :rolleyes:

Well let’s conpare shall we? sirmon got teabagged and made weak forest look like the patriots allowing them 600+ yds for like the first time ever.

Meanwhile Grantham’s MSU defense has given up 7 points and 160 yds through 3 1/2 quartersat TAMU.

Yeah - “they both suck”. :rolleyes:

Miss St has better talent. BUT, I will give you that he IS better than Sirmon, by a long shot. However, he has given up MAJOR points to the two best teams that Miss State has played. And that seems to be ignored. And he did the same here for the most part.

Reactions: nccardfan
Miss St has better talent. BUT, I will give you that he IS better than Sirmon, by a long shot. However, he has given up MAJOR points to the two best teams that Miss State has played. And that seems to be ignored. And he did the same here for the most part.
How do you know MSU has better talent? “Major points” are given up to the best teams - even by the other best teams - in CFB. That’s the reality.

How do you know MSU has better talent? “Major points” are given up to the best teams - even by the other best teams - in CFB. That’s the reality.

This staff's goals is beyond winning every game and losing to the best teams on the roster. They want to win it all. And that wasnt getting done. Nor is it with this guy. Plus BP and Grantham had issues. No reason for me to think that giving up 40 to Uk, 29 to LSU, 36 to Houston, wasnt all Granthams fault.

Just because BP made a bad hire doesnt mean that Grantham leaving was a mistake.

People blame Sirmon now for the defense as they should, so you can't give Grantham a pass for those mishaps either.

They both suck in their own ways. 3rd and Grantham was a thing. Now it's ANY down and Sirmon.

One thing I guarantee is that if this new DC was actually GREAT, that none of you Grantham defenders would be saying ANYTHING. It just so happens that because of the misfortune with Sirmon, some think that Grantham fired was a bad move.

If I was the AD, Sirmon would be gone as soon as the season ended. And if Petrino said no, he'd be gone too. Unacceptable to see the performance on the field.

This staff's goals is beyond winning every game and losing to the best teams on the roster. They want to win it all. And that wasnt getting done. Nor is it with this guy. Plus BP and Grantham had issues. No reason for me to think that giving up 40 to Uk, 29 to LSU, 36 to Houston, wasnt all Granthams fault.

Just because BP made a bad hire doesnt mean that Grantham leaving was a mistake.

People blame Sirmon now for the defense as they should, so you can't give Grantham a pass for those mishaps either.

They both suck in their own ways. 3rd and Grantham was a thing. Now it's ANY down and Sirmon.

One thing I guarantee is that if this new DC was actually GREAT, that none of you Grantham defenders would be saying ANYTHING. It just so happens that because of the misfortune with Sirmon, some think that Grantham fired was a bad move.

If I was the AD, Sirmon would be gone as soon as the season ended. And if Petrino said no, he'd be gone too. Unacceptable to see the performance on the field.
1. You didn’t answer my question.
2. Every staff’s goal is to win it all.
3. Offense and defense work together - they share the wins and the losses.
4. Petrino hiring sirmon at the expense of Grantham has obviously been a huge mistake.
5. Of course if Grantham’ replacement was great, no one would be saying anything.

In other news - water is wet and just as true - peter sirmon sucks ass.

1. You didn’t answer my question.
2. Every staff’s goal is to win it all.
3. Offense and defense work together - they share the wins and the losses.
4. Petrino hiring sirmon at the expense of Grantham has obviously been a huge mistake.
5. Of course if Grantham’ replacement was great, no one would be saying anything.

In other news - water is wet and just as true - peter sirmon sucks ass.

Mississippi State
2014 - .8484 #36 class
2015 - .8769 #18 class
2016 - .8708 #28 class
2017 - .8611 #24 class

Louisville
2014 - .8396 #45 class
2015 - .8540 #33 class
2016 - .8456 #38 class
2017 - .8556 #34 class

You're welcome.

Mississippi State
2014 - .8484 #36 class
2015 - .8769 #18 class
2016 - .8708 #28 class
2017 - .8611 #24 class

Louisville
2014 - .8396 #45 class
2015 - .8540 #33 class
2016 - .8456 #38 class
2017 - .8556 #34 class

You're welcome.
Umm - You do know that they include offensive recruits in those rankings - don’t you? Until you break out just the defensive recruits, you can put the “you’re welcome” back on the shelf.

Umm - You do know that they include offensive recruits in those rankings - don’t you? Until you break out just the defensive recruits, you can put the “you’re welcome” back on the shelf.

No, I didn't know that.

No problem.

Louisville:
2014 - 11 defensive players - .7701 - avg star rating 2.72
2015 - 8 defensive players - .8651 - avg star rating 3.25
2016 - 12 defensive players - .7822 - avg star rating 3.00
2017 - 11 defensive players - .8452 - avg star rating 3.09
# of 5 stars: 0
# of 4 stars: 4
# of 3 stars: 34
# of 2 stars: 2
# of 1 stars: 0
# of unranked: 2
Total players: 42
Average rating: .8157
Average star rating: 3.02

Mississippi State:
2014 - 6 defensive players - .8449 - avg star rating 3.00
2015 - 12 defensive players - .8871 - avg star rating 3.25
2016 - 8 defensive players - .8879 - avg star rating 3.50
2017 - 15 defensive players - .8701 - avg star rating 3.13
# of 5 stars: 1

# of 4 stars: 7
# of 3 stars: 33
# of 2 stars: 0
# of unranked: 0
Total players: 41
Average rating: .8725
Average star rating: 3.22

Pretty definitive to me.

No, I didn't know that.

No problem.

Louisville:
2014 - 11 defensive players - .7701 - avg star rating 2.72
2015 - 8 defensive players - .8651 - avg star rating 3.25
2016 - 12 defensive players - .7822 - avg star rating 3.00
2017 - 11 defensive players - .8452 - avg star rating 3.09
# of 5 stars: 0
# of 4 stars: 4
# of 3 stars: 34
# of 2 stars: 2
# of unranked: 2
Total players: 42
Average rating: .8157
Average star rating: 3.02

Mississippi State:
2014 - 6 defensive players - .8449 - avg star rating 3.00
2015 - 12 defensive players - .8871 - avg star rating 3.25
2016 - 8 defensive players - .8879 - avg star rating 3.50
2017 - 15 defensive players - .8701 - avg star rating 3.13
# of 5 stars: 1

# of 4 stars: 7
# of 3 stars: 33
# of 2 stars: 0
# of unranked: 0
Total players: 41
Average rating: .8725
Average star rating: 3.22

Pretty definitive to me.
Lol - .22 is “pretty definitive”?? I guess you’re hanging your “definitive” hat on the unquestionably never wrong HSFB player rankings. Where every 5 star is an All-American and every 2 star bags groceries at Kroger?

According to your rankings survey - the 2015 classes had an identical 3.25 rating. Given that these kids are now - as either juniors or redshirt sophomores - major contributors, which school is doing better? Might that be coaching???

Guys,

Is it even worth comparing? Todd Grantham has been coaching defenses since 1990. Sirmon started coaching around 2008 and most, of not all his experience has been at linebacker coach because he played linebacker at college and in the NFL. Petrino made a gamble on a young, up and comer that is over his head, period.

ADVERTISEMENT