Expensive Sign Holder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
I guess he thinks this helps. LOL...

tyra%201_zps0e4ki8gz.jpg

You're right, grown men holding signs look ridiculous. What are those - small C's or big B's? :)
Guy who introduces himself to people standing around with signs.

And I'm not (over)paid $850,000 to be a clown athletic director on Facebook.

You oughta introduce yourself to "Vince". My prediction is the two of you will really hit it off...

Guy who introduces himself to people standing around with signs.

And I'm not (over)paid $850,000 to be a clown athletic director on Facebook.

You oughta introduce yourself to "Vince". My prediction is the two of you will really hit it off...

I realize you are an unusual board poster and that’s fine. But even for you, trying to throw shade at the AD the day after we secure a bid to Omaha and in the season after said AD locked down the head coach following interest from one of the historically top collegiate programs is quite odd. Sorry you let Vince ruin your day. This might be a good time to move on “Zipp”.

Oh jeez. If you want to throw accolades around for retaining the coach that Jurich envisioned putting Louisville baseball on the national level, it’s not Tyra. I am glad that he was able to keep Coach Mac and Walz.

Last edited:
Oh jeez. If you want to throw accolades around for retaining the coach that Jurich envisioned putting Louisville baseball on the national level, it’s not Tyra. I am glad that he was able to keep Coach Mac and Walz.

Oh geez! Jurich deserves tremendous accolades for identifying McDonnell’s talent and having a huge vision for the program. Tyra deserves props for playing a solid role in getting him stay. Both thoughts are valid. Throwing shade however is just odd. You might let your buddy “Zipp” know that.

Just what exactly did "Vince" do to help baseball at U of L?

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg

My favorite Fathead BTW is the above with "L" airbrushed over the "K". In his mind, he was probably on our team those years in spirit.

And no doubt he talks U of L baseball whenever he runs into this guy...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

Last edited:
Advertise it how? You mean like put it on a t-shirt or hold up a sign? :)
No, just personally testify that "Vince" has stalking slobberers for friends. He's got enough problems...

I guess he thinks this helps. LOL...

tyra%201_zps0e4ki8gz.jpg

I don't think it hurts or helps. He's the A.D. and it appears he's acknowledging the success of the program and the immediate future of the baseball team. I didn't talk to him about the sign, have never met him - so I admit I can't be sure his exact motive with this.

All this nonsense from a poster who always claims he's only looking forward and not looking back? Hard to see anything wrong with anyone from UofL or any fan of UofL looking forward to Omaha and proclaiming support for the team and celebrating a CWS berth. Go Cards!

Guy who can't stop reminiscing about meeting a stalking slobberer...
Just calling it as I saw it. Guess you should have walked on by--but obviously couldn't help yourself...

All this nonsense from a poster who always claims he's only looking forward and not looking back? Hard to see anything wrong with anyone from UofL or any fan of UofL looking forward to Omaha and proclaiming support for the team and celebrating a CWS berth. Go Cards!
You're lost. What's not "looking forward" about your new AD? I love talking about these clowns. Because I'm not in love with them?...

You're lost. What's not "looking forward" about your new AD? I love talking about these clowns. Because I'm not in love with them?...
Well, it's so sad that you can't get on board with the rest of us and simply congratulate the program and wish them well instead of making fun of the leader of the department who signed the head coach to an extension last year and is demonstrating appropriate appreciation of the coach and the team. We'll cheer them on. Go Cards!

Well, it's so sad that you can't get on board with the rest of us...instead of making fun of the leader of the department...
Let's not be so all inclusive with "us" and your praise, at least judging by some of these Facebook comments on the photo...

“Look at that Kentucky fan...enjoy sports beyond basketball season.”

“I’d rather Coach MAC was holding the sign.”

“At least he knows how to hold a sign.”

“Time to grow that mustache.”

Let's not be so all inclusive with "us" and your praise, at least judging by some of these Facebook comments on the photo...

So there are four other miserable people out there? That’s good to know.

What are they saying on MySpace?

Lol - "Facebook comments".

That's evidently where "Vince" spends his time.
And another place you stalk him apparently.

Guy who introduces himself to 'zipp' and thinks about what's under his shirt...
Guy who should really be thinking about what's under his shirt - before he goes out in public without his bro / mansierre - who can't stop reminiscing about meeting BPGhost.

No, just personally testify that "Vince" has stalking slobberers for friends. He's got enough problems...
Pot meet kettle, lol. Stalking slobberers? Look at your Moniker and 90% of your posts. At this point, actual U of L fans are taking the advice of Vance Bedford. Get on the train or let it run right through you. It’s one or the other at this point. Papa John’s gone, Postel is gone, Grissom is probably going to retire from the board within the next few years. The people on your hit list are taking a back seat or out the door (excluding Tyra who you said you would wait and see).

What is it going to take to get you to support U of L over Tom? Firing Tyra? And where does that get us? As far as we’ve seen he has made good hires and retained strong coaches. Hardly the work of someone trying to sabotage the programs. Money is getting better now that we’ve been relatively out of the spotlight in terms of scandals (hoping the NCAA doesn’t destroy us for Bowen).

Reactions: BPGhost and UL_1986
Pot meet kettle, lol. Stalking slobberers? Look at your Moniker and 90% of your posts. At this point, actual U of L fans are taking the advice of Vance Bedford. Get on the train or let it run right through you. It’s one or the other at this point. Papa John’s gone, Postel is gone, Grissom is probably going to retire from the board within the next few years. The people on your hit list are taking a back seat or out the door (excluding Tyra who you said you would wait and see).

What is it going to take to get you to support U of L over Tom? Firing Tyra? And where does that get us? As far as we’ve seen he has made good hires and retained strong coaches. Hardly the work of someone trying to sabotage the programs. Money is getting better now that we’ve been relatively out of the spotlight in terms of scandals (hoping the NCAA doesn’t destroy us for Bowen).
You're confused. You're equating support for U of L to support for appointed administrators, managers today who were the product of the very people you acknowledge were problem managers before. How does that make these new people OK? Please explain that to me.

And explain how they suddenly, in a short period of time, define U of L to the point that I must support them to support U of L. How exactly are they--U of L and its managers--one and the same except to make it convenient for you to think of them that way? Yours is a gross oversimplification of a complex situation, and it makes zero sense to me...

...Guy who should really be thinking about what's under his shirt - before he goes out in public without his bro / mansierre - who can't stop reminiscing about meeting BPGhost.
Guy who checks out more dudes than me...

Last edited:
You're confused. You're equating support for U of L to support for appointed administrators, managers today who were the product of the very people you acknowledge were problem managers before. How does that make these new people OK? Please explain that to me.

And explain how they suddenly, in a short period of time, define U of L to the point that I must support them to support U of L. How exactly are they--U of L and its managers--one and the same except to make it convenient for you to think of them that way? Yours is a gross oversimplification of a complex situation, and it makes zero sense to me...
You’re moving the goal posts Zipp. When the old guard was ushered out, you took the stance that we had these problem managers cited above and that you wanted this “clown show” out. Now that at least half of them are out, others are fading to black, and the one remaining guy in the spotlight appears to be doing his job well, you’re still on here undermining every athletic achievement we have had recently as if the current admin is the enemy.

That is what doesn’t make sense to me. Previously, when asked, you said that you acknowledged we wouldn’t get Tom back and that isn’t what your endgame was. It seems that was a falsehood. Because anyone new that takes the reigns is just as guilty as old man Grissom and Postel apparently.

I know that there are many more vitally important points in this thread but I can’t help but see Lloyd Christmas every time I look at that tiny pic of TJ in Zipp’s profile. Tom deserves better.

As you were.

I know that there are many more vitally important points in this thread but I can’t help but see Lloyd Christmas every time I look at that tiny pic of TJ in Zipp’s profile. Tom deserves better.

As you were.
I can locate another TJ pic if you want--by far, the biggest contributor to U of L athletics in history. But that's material for another thread... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT