ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent win- Best defensive performance of the year!

Amen. That was fun but not so much for Jamie Dixon and Pitt. Love the effort and the fact that this team now knows how good it can be. Pitt is guard challenged but our defense was awesome.

Dixon is a good guy I think and man is it just me that thinks Rick has had his number since our first 2 years in the Big East?

Big win.

The defensive effort was beautiful. The help defense, particularly in the second half, really stifled Pitt with the second and even third help defender. This was a very solid win and a great way to show the team what Pitino has been preaching- great defense can win a game even when the offense isn't clicking on all cylinders.

The defensive effort was beautiful. The help defense, particularly in the second half, really stifled Pitt with the second and even third help defender. This was a very solid win and a great way to show the team what Pitino has been preaching- great defense can win a game even when the offense isn't clicking on all cylinders.
Cannot say it any better. Is it any doubt that Coach P locates the weaknesses this time of year and gives our beloved team the best chance to succeed?

Excellent D all night. I thought we would have a letdown the second half after the intensity of the first half, but I was wrong (and happily so). Onuaku especially was great at doubling down in the paint and the exterior defenders were terrific, not giving up open 3s. That was key in my view. Did not let the Pitt guards get off.

If we had managed to hit a decent number of 3s, we'd have won by 35. But Pitt played good D too so give credit where it's due.

Reactions: Cue Card
I am not worried about the offense. It typically improves post season.

Yesterday I thought our offense went well except for the shots not falling. So many misses at the rim and missing open jumpers. This will improve.

I am glad to see that we can get inside and that we can get open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT