ADVERTISEMENT

Duke forgoes non-conf games

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Coach K dropping the rest of their non-conf games only playing conf games. Wouldn't surprise me if the ACC kisses his butt and makes the rest of the schools follow suit.

Why risk having your players get affected during meaningless games and jeopardizing your conference games. He can protect his players in practice and will probably get more out of it than playing those teams. No disrespect intended.

Why risk having your players get affected during meaningless games and jeopardizing your conference games. He can protect his players in practice and will probably get more out of it than playing those teams. No disrespect intended.
They aren’t meaningless to the other team’s

This season is so crazy for all sports that I don’t blame a coach or player who decides to cancel or move on to the next level. I wonder if we will have a mass exodus by athletes from the college game in all sports after the season is over. This year I am not counting wins and losses as to how good a team is I am just enjoying watching something that gives me a since of normalcy.

They aren’t meaningless to the other team’s
Obviously he’s questioning whether we should be playing at all, anybody. The fact that the NCAA is moving forward to play these games at the risk of his and every team’s players, he's saying ok, we’re going to play but only conference games. You have to play conference games to be eligible to play in the conference tournament, which determines who gets the automatic bid. Nothing about how many non-conference games. He’s just using the system to his school’s advantage.

Obviously he’s questioning whether we should be playing at all, anybody. The fact that the NCAA is moving forward to play these games at the risk of his and every team’s players, he's saying ok, we’re going to play but only conference games. You have to play conference games to be eligible to play in the conference tournament, which determines who gets the automatic bid. Nothing about how many non-conference games. He’s just using the system to his school’s advantage.
He just mad cause he has lost 2 games . Nate Oates called him out.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
I listened to Scott Davenport’s radio show Monday night and he went through the experience of playing at Duke including all the Covid protocols. It’s kind of nuts what all they are doing to get these games played. I could see where a coach would be exhausted by the process, especially to play a generally meaningless non conference game.

Why they should have never agreed too play period .they understood what it would all entail no need to cry and whine about it now. zyou started now deal and finish it.

He says it is so his players can go home for Xmas. When you consider travel and likely being around several/many relatives in close quarters, it is probably more risky than playing the game. As noted above, he is dodging the game because they aren't good. It is technically not just one game, either, because now they are not going to make up the 2 games they missed, which was previously being considered. K is a whiny lil biatch, but we all knew that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT