ADVERTISEMENT

Downside of Satterfield

racehorseowner

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 23, 2015
Satterfield is North Carolina through and through. If he comes to UL and wins, he will be a top candidate when 67 year old Mack Brown retires at UNC in several years. Do we want to be a training ground for Carolina?

Satterfield is North Carolina through and through. If he comes to UL and wins, he will be a top candidate when 67 year old Mack Brown retires at UNC in several years. Do we want to be a training ground for Carolina?
You never know for sure what will happen in the future. Look what just happened for Purdue, maybe Satterfield would turn out the same way. He might even feel spurned by UNC, and he and his family might end up liking it here. I'm warming up to him, but right now I'm just putting my trust in Tyra.

Or maybe Satterfield restores the program, leaves and then Jeff Brohm decides the timing is now right. I’m certainly not going to be concerned if the guy is successful. The worst coaches are the ones no one wants (and they still have a $14M buyout).

Or maybe Satterfield restores the program, leaves and then Jeff Brohm decides the timing is now right. I’m certainly not going to be concerned if the guy is successful. The worst coaches are the ones no one wants (and they still have a $14M buyout).
Agree 100%!

You can't really make a coaching decision based on possibly losing them down the road. If you are worried about that, you end up making decisions like UNC just made... hiring "Coaching to the Oldies".

No lmao. UNC will not outbid us and I feel like he isn't very warmed up to them after they didn't even give us a call. This is a much better program.

Norvell from Memphis is who I’ll take out of the names being mentioned.

If we give Satterfield his first shot in a P5 program,he might fall in love with the city and University like so many other of our coaches that have done the same thing and are still here.
Sure,he could be successful and have greener pastures down the road,but we've currently got coaches right now, that have passed on those greener pastures.
It could very well happen with Satterfield.

If we give Satterfield his first shot in a P5 program,he might fall in love with the city and University like so many other of our coaches that have done the same thing and are still here.
Sure,he could be successful and have greener pastures down the road,but we've currently got coaches right now, that have passed on those greener pastures.
It could very well happen with Satterfield.
You mean he might pull a “Jeffie”?

Reactions: Cue Card
This. Purdue’s biggest worry going forward. ‘Cuz if U of L’s new coach doesn’t work out, Brohm would be primed to accept the coaching job here in ~4 years.

The only thing you can really hope for out of a coach is that they leave the program in better shape then when they took it over. Which at the moment is not a huge undertaking.

Who cares? Everyone searching for a lifer. News flash. They don’t exist.

Reactions: GoldCard and genowe
This. Purdue’s biggest worry going forward. ‘Cuz if U of L’s new coach doesn’t work out, Brohm would be primed to accept the coaching job here in ~4 years.
Jeezzz I hope things doesn’t happen.

I can’t handle four more years of bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT