ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think Bobby can turn it around?

Do I think Bobby can turn it around? No.

Also, if you're looking for Petrino to get replaced.....I think you have to silently root for UK the rest of the year as well. I don't care what anyone says, if UK comes into the last game, into Louisville...ranked and sitting at say 9-2 and proceeds to beat the doors off Louisville? Thats not going to sit well with Vince. He's not going to like the one area where Louisville is ahead of Kentucky being dominated by the in-state rival.
Are you sure? He might be cheering on his alma mater that day.

He does not seem like cocky sob he once was. In fact, he doesn't even seem confident any more. I think the death of his father really affected him.

Anti-depressant's, man. They'll do that to a guy.

Ok I understand that. I lost my mom in April. She was 91. I know how that might affect Bobby but please explain how it affects 85 college football players in their performance?

I lost my Mom 4 years ago and my Dad 9 years ago. I am the oldest son in our family so I had to step up as I was the executor . There was no time to feel sorry for myself. I had to assumed the leadership role of the family's affairs. While I feel sorry for him losing his father, he has a job to do. Life is tough and we all have to be strong and still do our best. If you cannot you need to step aside and let somebody, who can, take over your role.

Reactions: nccardfan
I lost my Mom 4 years ago and my Dad 9 years ago. I am the oldest son in our family so I had to step up as I was the executor . There was no time to feel sorry for myself. I had to assumed the leadership role of the family's affairs. While I feel sorry for him losing his father, he has a job to do. Life is tough and we all have to be strong and still do our best. If you cannot you need to step aside and let somebody, who can, take over your role.

Everyone handles grief differently. I lost my Father on Aug 10, 1994 and my mother 2 weeks later. They were both 79-80 years old. It was devastating to me even though I had prepared myself and new it was coming.

My career in the USAF was at an all time high for me.....but my focus on my job and my wife and children were impacted. Honestly, I felt a great sadness for 9-12 months before that feeling abated. I still did my job to the best of my abilities at the time....had great support system from my Chain of Command, etc. etc., but I knew I was not the same and my performance was not either.

The great healer was time. It took time to get over it....and whatever amount of money I was being paid was really not the most important factor in how I performed. Life was what mattered and the realization that we are all imperfect mortal beings with a limited amount of time to live that life we have here on earth is/was more important.

Death of a parent/parents is the ultimate wake up call. I pray that you experience the compassion and support I had....but there is no guarantee that you will. Still, time marches on and you work at doing the best you can in living your life and doing your job as best as possible.

CBP, his son, and 2 son in laws have all been impacted no doubt by this death. That is 1/3 of the coaching staff. Another is suspended and likely will not return. I can not fathom what affect this has had on them and ultimately the team because of how it has impacted the family of CBP.

I pray for him and his family to heal. Football is great entertainment and a diversion from ordinary life....but it is not life and death. My priority is living out my life as the most authentic version of myself and to show love, compassion, empathy, understanding, and respect for others trying to do the same. None of us are perfect and since I know I am not....I respect that others are not either. Live and let live.

Go Cards! Beat FSU!

Peace

Many people who post here (self included) are concerned coach Petrino has cashed it in for one reason or another. Was it the loss of his father? Maybe, because that life altering event changes you as a person. It changed me when I lost my Dad. It still causes me emotional pain to think about it. Was it the firing of Tom Jurich? IDK, but guess it could be a factor.

Whatever reason has caused it, coach Petrino doesn't seem to have the same fire or competitive drive he once had, at least publically. I'm pulling for him to turn it around because I'm a homer. I have doubts though. Hope those doubts are unfounded.

Many people who post here (self included) are concerned coach Petrino has cashed it in for one reason or another. Was it the loss of his father? Maybe, because that life altering event changes you as a person. It changed me when I lost my Dad. It still causes me emotional pain to think about it. Was it the firing of Tom Jurich? IDK, but guess it could be a factor.

Whatever reason has caused it, coach Petrino doesn't seem to have the same fire or competitive drive he once had, at least publically. I'm pulling for him to turn it around because I'm a homer. I have doubts though. Hope those doubts are unfounded.

Here’s my problem with your thought process, although it could be true, the slip in my mind began 2 years ago after the loss at Clemson. We squeak through several wins and lost to Houston and then UK. Last year we survived because of LJ. This year we no longer have LJ and the O looks even worse, when this was suppose to be a strong year for the offense. And it has not. To me we’ve been in a slow decline for two years.

Reactions: Cue Card
Here’s my problem with your thought process, although it could be true, the slip in my mind began 2 years ago after the loss at Clemson. We squeak through several wins and lost to Houston and then UK. Last year we survived because of LJ. This year we no longer have LJ and the O looks even worse, when this was suppose to be a strong year for the offense. And it has not. To me we’ve been in a slow decline for two years.
All valid points. Personally I'm blown away on how inept the offensive line has looked. Going into the season, the O-line was being touted as a strength for the team. Clearly it is not a strength, and regardless who the QB is, it all starts with the offensive line. We're all disappointed for sure but I'll keep watching anyway. I'm looking for improvement. Hope to see it.

All valid points. Personally I'm blown away on how inept the offensive line has looked. Going into the season, the O-line was being touted as a strength for the team. Clearly it is not a strength, and regardless who the QB is, it all starts with the offensive line. We're all disappointed for sure but I'll keep watching anyway. I'm looking for improvement. Hope to see it.

I’m with you. I’m a Card Fan so my butt will be in my seat for each game until the bitter end. I did it through Cooper and the Kragthorpe years and will now.

Hope he can pull it off. We have no money now and clowns responsible to make fixes...

I will be there also. There will soon be many prime seats available to upgrade to. Just like when Krag was here.

Deener theorized this AM, maybe Jaylen Smith lost his ability to catch when his appendix was removed. Someone should do a study on that. :D

Could it be Smith came back too quickly from that surgery and is thinking about getting hurt and as a result, short arming on these misses? It's really a mystery.

Could it be Smith came back too quickly from that surgery and is thinking about getting hurt and as a result, short arming on these misses? It's really a mystery.

Lets not put all the blame on Jaylen like its a sudden thing. Jaylen has typically been a very sure handed WR but dropped passes have been a MAJOR issue with Louisville for the last 3-4 years. I believe Lamar had the highest % of dropped passes in D1 at something like near 9% I believe in the article I read from last year. So drops have plagued Louisville for basically all of the Petrino 2.0 era.

I’m not pointing fingers but the one knock on LJ was his accuracy. Someone did an analysis on Pass and Cunningham and even though they’re different types of QB, their accuracy taking into account dropped passes were close, around 60% accurate. I don’t think that’s good and all 3 QBs have something in common, the QB coach...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT