ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys still Love Ricky P?

An apology? Firing him for things that happened under his watch? Or should he apologize for the things that happened under his watch? Or should he apologize for flat out lying about him not being invited to UofL?
Pitino was canned over Adidas. And no one found him responsible for anything.

That firing was also without due process, and we owed him $30+ million.

An apology would have been a cheap exit strategy.

Truth be told, a whole lot of other people in addition to Pitino deserve apologies for the state of the athletics program. Pitino’s just one guy…

Reactions: TheRealVille

Truth be told, a whole lot of other people in addition to Pitino deserve apologies for the state of the athletics program. Pitino’s just one guy…
OK rick/richard

Reactions: earsky

Adidas was just the straw that broke the camel’s back, and it was done under his watch.
I’m not sure who’s supposed to apologize to him? You could write an anonymous letter apologizing to him.
I think ol’ slick Rick has traded his white suit for some big blue PJs!

It just boggles the mind how uninformed some fans are and how they can't recognize their disdain at Pitino is personal. They never liked him in the first place.

This is very apparent in my own family. The people who didn't want Pitino now look at him as the cause for everything. Those who got on board with him and enjoyed a decade of great basketball see how he was unfairly blamed for the upside-down culture that is pervasive all over the country.

Pitino's biggest mistake was trying to hang on after the sanctions over the stripper scandal. He should have moved on, but he didn't have a crystal ball and see how the FBI, the NCAA, and his own University were planning to pounce on him.

I will always have fond memories from 2001 to 2014 when Louisville hoops was challenging for championships and doing it without the one and done rent a Pro. The 2005 final 4 with Garcia, O'Bannon and Dean leading the way. The Twill led 2009 team that looked like the best team after smashing Arizona.

And of course the the three season period of back to back final 4's and a national title and the UK BS game from winning the 2014 title.

All of this without any infractions at all, doing it in an entertaining way that packed Freedom Hall and the Yum center. Rick Pitino gave us this and he did it without paying the one and done players.

He no doubt has a big ego. He always has, but he wins and he did it the right way until the game and the people around him sought progress and other BS instead of loyalty and excellence.

Adidas was just the straw that broke the camel’s back, and it was done under his watch.
I’m not sure who’s supposed to apologize to him? You could write an anonymous letter apologizing to him.
I think ol’ slick Rick has traded his white suit for some big blue PJs!
The people who represent the University today dole out the apologies. I’m not expecting Gruesome, Pizza Guy, and Postel to come back from the grave, nor is Pitino.

In fact, that should make the job of mea culpas EASIER for U of L. Who gives a $hit if they throw old incompetent dinosaurs under the bus?

But they’re too gutless to admit how many mistakes were made. So the dumpster fire keeps burning…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT