ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys still Love Ricky P?

I dragged a couple of co-workers to bw3, was working in Lexington at the time, for the UK/UL game on '02. As literally the only card fan in a packed bar of redneck dumbasses, I listened to the gloating of what the were going to do to us and many comments about traitor Rick and what a POS he was for leaving and he was about to get what he deserved. We'll 30 minutes later it was like being in a tomb after Dean and Garcia lit them up. The absolute vitriol that following that loss that I heard you could compare to what it would be like if Hitlers wake was held in Jerusalem. I wanted to laugh at every one of them but not being a dumbass myself I just smirked and we went back to work. Greatest feeling I had in awhile as you could imagine...well that doesn't compare to the absolute devastation he wrought on this program. Involved or not his obvious lack of oversight brought about 7 years of turmoil, to put that mildly. He's an egotistical pos. And the fact he coaches at another school but appears he wants more attention from another fan base than he does the one he works for is just F'd up to see. Enjoy your GOAT memories. Some of us see something entirely different.
Well I can enjoy the memories and then just let him live life. Him wearing UK gear is his choice. It doesn’t affect my life or the current team we have. It doesn’t change my life if he’s wearing UK gear. But the memories he provided me over his time here did bring me great joy, I won’t forget.

One school invited him back and he attended. We haven’t invited him back. It’s that simple.

Reactions: Ugoff
Always look forward to Pitino threads, in part because the participants never change...

The same butthurt U of L fans who despise Pitino but would each give their firstborn child to have U of L basketball return to the level of competition that Pitino fostered.

The more reasonable fans who are indifferent to the man in 2024 but respect his accomplishments.

And the Coach himself who appreciates the fans and the players he brought here, but rightfully pi$$e$ on an administration that d!cked him over and would rather perpetuate a basketball program dumpster fire.

BTW Pitino looks pretty happy in the photos and videos I saw this week.

I use the L-word pretty sparingly and certainly not for a basketball coach...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT