ADVERTISEMENT

Do our guys even know how to play basketball?

80_86

5000+
Jul 11, 2002
Simply the worse I can remember a Cardinal team looking. They can't hold onto the ball, they can't make FT's or stop the other team from dunking. They look like they just took up the sport a year ago. All those who want Aaron out there watch him shoot bricks and airballs. The can't miss 1st round draft pick Terry Rozier looks overwhelmed and hasn't taken a good shot yet. Blackshear has got to wonder who put the hex on him because even when he tries to be aggressive and drive to the goal, he misses four FT's after being fouled.

They shouldn't be this bad even without Jones. I think we may not win another game this season.

The Cards ARE this bad without Jones. The blueprint for this team is how they played from that Wake Forest game up to the UNC rematch. That's 3 or 4 guys carrying the offensive load and everybody else scraps and play good defense. That might have got us to the sweet 16. But I think some of the other posters made good points on guys getting fatigued because they started to struggle lately even with Jones. The bench this season has been atrocious.

We're now getting some good shots but they're rimming out. It's just really bad out there tonight.I don't think we would have beat any power conference team tonight. Maybe not even half of the mid major teams as well. This quick turnaround from saturday was the kiss of death. We were just not prepared mentally for this game.

Come on back now, Rozier and Blackshear stepped up.
happy.r191677.gif

This group of guys have gone through a lot the last 48 hours leading up to this game.

A pretty gritty win Saturday followed up with the dismissal of a key player the next day and a quick turn around road game against a bottom feeder.

There's just not enough artillery to blow teams away. They have to win with defense and do just enough with offense.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
This group of guys have gone through a lot the last 48 hours leading up to this game.

A pretty gritty win Saturday followed up with the dismissal of a key player the next day and a quick turn around road game against a bottom feeder.

There's just not enough artillery to blow teams away. They have to win with defense and do just enough with offense.
LOL. I love reading these threads afterwards. This team NEVER gave up in spite of all the issues they've been thru as a team in the last week. It's been a lot to digest and deal with. The distractions have been off the charts.

Now hopefully they can focus on just basketball with the distractions over with. 22-6 and tied for 4th in a very strong conference. There's a lot left to play for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT