ADVERTISEMENT

Disagree with Howie on his article.

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Howies article today seems to indicate that a Clemson loss to Pitt would benefit UofL in their playoff quest. I respectfully disagree.

IF Clemson loses, there's a good chance the ACC gets left out all together.

SEC winner is in. Period.
B1G winner is in. Period
Undefeated Washington is in. Period.

IF Ohio State beats Michigan. I see a second B1G team getting in. ACC and B-12 left out.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's how I see it playing out. Only way that doesn't work is if OSU destroys Michigan. Close game, and Michigan is in over us.

Michigan wins a close one, they'll still take OSU because they're OSU.

I don't think Wisconsin can get in. OSU already beat them. If both wind up with 2 losses, OSU still gets in because the head to head is the tie breaker.

The most straight forward path is Washington losing to Wash St and Ohio State losing to Michigan.

Yep, and if both don't happen, we're out.

Although, don't overlook Washington at USC. That ones a possibility too.

Last edited:
Yep, and if both don't happen, we're out.

Although, don't overlook Washington at USC. That ones a possibility too.

Im certainly rooting for USC. But a one loss PAC 12 champ will get in over us. Best hope is wash St since a loss to the fighting mike leaches would deny Washington access to PAC 12 champ game.

Im certainly rooting for USC. But a one loss PAC 12 champ will get in over us. Best hope is wash St since a loss to the fighting mike leaches would deny Washington access to PAC 12 champ game.

I'm not so certain a 1 loss Pac 12 champ would get in over us. If SOS and who beat you is as important as they say, our loss was a squeaker over the #2 team in the country.

Kratz let's think about this just a little bit. Let's Pitt does beat Clemson then still goes on to the ACC Championship game, against either VT or NC , Clemson loses the ACC Championship game. That would leave the only team from ACC with one loss with the Good old cards. The case can be made and the end of the season we were the best team in ACC, and the ACC is the 2nd or 3rd strongest league in country , the other two being SEC & Big 10 . Think about it!

If that's how it plays out: 1 Loss Clemson, 1 Loss Louisville.

SEC Champ: In
B1G Champ: In
Undefeated Washington: In

So for that last spot you're looking at 1 loss Clemson, UofL, or OSU/Michigan. Clemson didn't show up for Pitt. UofL didn't show up for Duke or UVA. OSU and Michigan are bluebloods. Automatic advantage there. We MIGHT get the nod over a 2 loss OSU, but no way we get the nod over a 1 loss Michigan. JMO

The Committee established the Big Ten as the early morning favorite to get two teams in when they blasted Penn State up to 12th last week. Make no mistake about it, if Wisconsin wins the Big Ten title game they are very likely in the playoffs even over a one loss Washington and certainly over us. We need Michigan to beat Ohio State to send them to two losses and not be a titlist and we need Michigan to beat Wisconsin in the title game. If Michigan loses just once, they'll still be in before we will and a one loss Washington.

We're 6th today. UofL needs to win out. Clemson needs to win out, Washington needs to lose, and Michigan needs to beat OSU. If that happens, we're in at #4 IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT