ADVERTISEMENT

Deener Arrested

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Drew Deener was arrested Saturday night after an alleged altercation at Roosters with his girlfriend. Was charged with 4th degree domestic assault.

I love how local media is pairing him with the University of Louisville as if he’s an employee of the school. More trash from WLKY, WAVE, and the C-J.

If these allegations are true, he’ll be done as a radio host in this town.

Reactions: Deeva
Not a Deener fan, AT ALL. Can’t stand his show and no longer listen to it. But, I’m not about to kick him while he’s down. Let the cake bake on this as well. I’d say if Rooster’s has cameras that they’ll bear out the truth. Always sad for all parties to suffer the embarrassment, stress, etc.

I love how local media is pairing him with the University of Louisville as if he’s an employee of the school. More trash from WLKY, WAVE, and the C-J.

If these allegations are true, he’ll be done as a radio host in this town.
I have never listened to this guy and would not recognize him. Could care less other than if it’s true, I feel for the person on the other end. However, I totally agree with WLKY, WAVE, and the CJ being trash. It’s unbelievable the CJ is still around with their bias reporting. If I do watch any news it’s WDRB and mostly for the weather. Marc “with a C “ is a little dramatic but overall they are the best IMO.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I drive a lot I listen to all the local stations. The nature of their business is to dissect news. They aren’t immune when they are the News. Until the facts come out he is innocent.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Until the facts come out he is innocent.

Yes. You shouldn't hit a woman - you shouldn't hit anyone unprovoked - and the facts need to play out. Great example - Joe Mixon. He shouldn't have hit that woman, but whenever you call a large elite athlete male "the N-word" and rush him and hit him at 230am, it probably isn't going to go well for you. Again (so I don't trigger anyone), he shouldn't have hit her, for the record, and context is still important.

Was really hoping the next time we heard the name Drew in the local news was going to when they were announcing Scott Drew as our new MBB coach!!
That said, I often listen to Deener in the mornings and like the show in spite of Deener who brings little to the show himself. We’ve all encountered guys with the Napoleon complex and Deener has a acute case of this. Very intolerant and belittling of anyone with a differing opinion.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Yes. You shouldn't hit a woman - you shouldn't hit anyone unprovoked - and the facts need to play out. Great example - Joe Mixon. He shouldn't have hit that woman, but whenever you call a large elite athlete male "the N-word" and rush him and hit him at 230am, it probably isn't going to go well for you. Again (so I don't trigger anyone), he shouldn't have hit her, for the record, and context is still important.
I agree 100 percent. If true I really don’t understand how someone with that much to lose losing control. It happens way too often.

With Deener gone and Bob Valvano doing games for E$PN, the station has turned into one big frat party. The remaining “talent” talks about everything but sports. I can understand this in summer but right at the start of March Madness? So unprofessional…lots of dead air and random relentless chatter about absolutely nothing. This is the new “flagship” of UofL sports…

With Deener gone and Bob Valvano doing games for E$PN, the station has turned into one big frat party. The remaining “talent” talks about everything but sports. I can understand this in summer but right at the start of March Madness? So unprofessional…lots of dead air and random relentless chatter about absolutely nothing. This is the new “flagship” of UofL sports…
Bingo!!!! Although I think you’re giving Frat parties a bad name. It’s more like a bunch of 7th graders on a playground.

Bingo!!!! Although I think you’re giving Frat parties a bad name. It’s more like a bunch of 7th graders on a playground.
Word on the street if Deener is let go or steps down. However you want too phrase it. Jaason Anderson and Lachlan will both be options to take his spot.

Word on the street if Deener is let go or steps down. However you want too phrase it. Jaason Anderson and Lachlan will both be options to take his spot.
There are a lot of no talent hacks at that station but Laclame is the absolute worst. I’d rather listen to the angry guy rant about how great Philadelphia is or what the Valvano kid had for lunch. Every time Laclame leaves, he slithers back, worse than ever. Anderson is a 1000x better.

There are a lot of no talent hacks at that station but Laclame is the absolute worst. I’d rather listen to the angry guy rant about how great Philadelphia is or what the Valvano kid had for lunch. Every time Laclame leaves, he slithers back, worse than ever. Anderson is a 1000x better.
I can defenitley see Anderson returning to be V.P He was program Dir prior working under Deener. Lach has alot of pull within the local media community so i can see him making his way back in also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT