ADVERTISEMENT

Decision has been made

hi-gump-forrest-hay-gif-5886478.gif

Tyra should have been on the phone with Satterfield hours ago, didn’t really say it cause I knew how bad you guys wanted Brohm but Satterfield to me is a better hire for the long term...

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Nope.

He wanted it, backed out.

75 % of the Cards fan base predicted Brohm.

I hold my head high.
I'm sorry man, but your sources suck. He was not coming back to UL anytime soon. He rebuilt Purdue and quickly made it competitive again. He's assembled an awesome staff. He whipped Mizzou last year at Mizzou 35-3 and beat Arizona in our bowl game. This year, he beat #2 Ohio State 49-20, #16 Iowa, and #23 Boston College. We'll be playing another ACC team in our bowl game. We finished tied for 2nd in the BIG West this season.

This came down to Brohm really liking his current situation. He has an excellent relationship with AD Mike Bobinski, President Mitch Daniels, and the BoT. He coaches in the BIG West, which is an easier path to the playoffs. I suspect, the way recruiting is going, Purdue will be competing for league championships in the next few years. We do have nice new FB facilities and more football-related upgrades are coming to the stadium. Our AD is doing well cash-wise. It helps that the BIG pays $51M to start. Brohm is going to make $5.1-5.4M I suspect and his assistants are also getting their pool bumped appreciably.

He has recruited some excellent young players with more coming. Why would he abandon what he's started to build when he has a great situation? Our trajectory is up big. It'll be easier to move to the NFL, should he decide to do that, continuing on this path than basically starting from scratch at UL now.

I feel for you guys. I mean that. Purdue has had its share of adversity especially related to football prior to Brohm coming. I think you'll end up with Satterfield or Fickell. Both are good, young coaches who will get UL football back on its feet.

One last thing, I personally think Tyra really played this poorly as the AD. He put Brohm in a very bad spot publicly. He shouldn't be naming candidate names. He shouldn't be trying to recruit players. He shouldn't be leaking rumors about the search. He botched this badly.

Reactions: bodog57
Bottom line in the deal was this, U of L is a little hamstrung right now the buy out of Petrino and couldn't give Brohm the package he wanted for his assistants. He was going to get his money, but the assistant packages weren't what he needed them to be to take care of his guys.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Bottom line in the deal was this, U of L is a little hamstrung right now the buy out of Petrino and couldn't give Brohm the package he wanted for his assistants. He was going to get his money, but the assistant packages weren't what he needed them to be to take care of his guys.
I'm not sure UL could match Purdue's salary number for Brohm. I also think that Brohm wanted an 8 year deal and UL balked at that. They were willing to go 6 supposedly.

Reactions: majgun
I'm not sure UL could match Purdue's salary number for Brohm. I also think that Brohm wanted an 8 year deal and UL balked at that. They were willing to go 6 supposedly.
Actually, Purdue matched UofL's offer. length of contract was never an issue, they both were 7 years

100% fiction.

Reactions: Tailgater#1
He did not back out. You have no source. He was never leaning towards taking the job.

Yes he was.
His family , WHO LIVES HERE IN LOUISVILLE, was shocked he passed it up.

My source was spot on.
You dont believe because had Brohm accepted the job, you wouldn't be on here tonite.

Reactions: Deeva and td75
BINGO!!

Reactions: Deeva
Yes he was.

My source was spot on.
You dont believe because had Brohm accepted the job, you wouldn't be on here tonite.

KR I’m disapppointed in Jeff Brohm. He has made a terrible mistake. Further I believe he unwittingly damaged UofL further. But that’s just me. And, by the way, I thought you were right, but I was wrong to do that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Bank Cat and Deeva
KerryRhodes, you're digging the heels of your clownsuit in pretty deep pal. You shot your mouth off quite a bit about it being a "done deal". Turns out it wasn't, and you look like a jackass. Best just to eat your crow, and try not to gag on it like a two dollar hooker.

KR I’m disapppointed in Jeff Brohm. He has made a terrible mistake. Further I believe he unwittingly damaged UofL further. But that’s just me. And, by the way, I thought you were right, but I was wrong to do that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Sorry you feel that way.

Nope.

I hold my head high.

This hayseed CLOWNrryRhodes embarrasses HERself as easy as breathing.
Hilarious in a sad way......
SHE best concentrate on getting the hay to market.

You RETURDS are going to love Barry Odom.

Reactions: crazyqx83
Kerry, you're entertaining.

I've been reading this board for the past few days, and I genuinely feel for every Louisville fan that posts here. Except you.

Your inside info was anathema to what many far more credible journalists were saying, at just about every point in the process.

That crow will probably taste better with some ketchup.

Nope.

I hold my head high.
If he wanted it so bad, why back out? It was his for the taking and he said no.

Yes he was.

My source was spot on.
I'm sure the family that he consulted with was surprised at his decision...

Reactions: shadowman4
Yes he was.

My source was spot on.
No he wasn’t. Why are you so stubborn (or ignorant). I’m actually interested in what family he has living in Louisville? Seems most of his family lives in lafayette

If he wanted it so bad, why back out? It was his for the taking and he said no.

I'm sure the family that he consulted with was surprised at his decision...

Thats the million dollar question.
We all knew when Petrino was re-hired, Brohm would be the next coach after him.

This was the time.
Congrats.

Reactions: Bank Cat
I’m actually being serious. What family? I’d think his wife, kids and brothers would constitute a majority of his immediate family.

They ALL have homes here in Louisville along with his parents and other family members.

The overwhelming majority of his family lives here.

Reactions: Bank Cat
They ALL have homes here in Louisville along with his parents and other family members.

The overwhelming majority of his family lives here.
I understand parents (though 2 hour buffer is sometimes good). Other than that? Most successful people don’t make huge employment decisions based on where Aunts, uncles and cousins live. Ya dig?

Yes he was.

My source was spot on.
Your source then, is full of sh!t. This was all discussed over the Thanksgiving holiday, the basis of the discussion was how not to throw Louisville under the bus.
The idiots blasting Brohm don't realize the lengths he and the family went to minimize any hurt to Louisville, because they do love the town and the university.
Kerry, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but you got seriously played by your "source".
Actually, it's probably the same source Dakich used.

Source was correct.
Brohm wanted it and easily could have had it.

Just because your crummy program has struggled with UofL , doesnt mean yall still arent turds.

Yall had Billy clyde instead of cheating crapiperi.

They must pistol whipped the cards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT