ADVERTISEMENT

David Johnson suffers shoulder injury

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Louisville freshman David Johnson suffered a shoulder injury earlier this week and will be sidelined for four to six months, per U of L.

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery for David.

Damn. If that extends into 2020 he may want to consider a RS.

Get well soon DJ.

D Perry is going to be a key piece for this team. I know others are not fans, but I think he's up for the challenge.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
Dammit. I hope he’s ready in November/December, but he won’t be able to practice or condition which raises concern. Hate to hear that for DJ, hope for a speedy recovery!

Louisville freshman David Johnson suffered a shoulder injury earlier this week and will be sidelined for four to six months, per U of L.

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery for David.
Does anyone know if this was a team practice? I thought there were restrictions on when teams can officially begin practices so everyone is on a level playing field?

Does anyone know if this was a team practice? I thought there were restrictions on when teams can officially begin practices so everyone is on a level playing field?
Really? The workouts (in the weight room, on the court, etc.) have been all over Twitter. The older guys (Sutton and McMahon) have given their analysis of the progression/potential of the new incoming players to Jeff Greer. Greer has been subbing on the local talk shows talking about it for a week.

The rules for off season practices and workouts has changed since Denny Crum coached.

Yeah, we’re holding secret illegal summer workouts. Catch up and get real. Oh yeah, one more thing, Wade Houston isn’t on the staff any longer either.

Reactions: UL_1986
I agree if he is out 4 to 6 months that sounds like a redshirt. In regards to Darius Perry I think he has the physical talent to play at a high level I just worry about his decision making.

Yeah it was probably our administration breaking rules again allowing the guys to practice and lift. Daggum it, Vince.

Reactions: Hoochadooray
Really? The workouts (in the weight room, on the court, etc.) have been all over Twitter. The older guys (Sutton and McMahon) have given their analysis of the progression/potential of the new incoming players to Jeff Greer. Greer has been subbing on the local talk shows talking about it for a week.

The rules for off season practices and workouts has changed since Denny Crum coached.

Yeah, we’re holding secret illegal summer workouts. Catch up and get real. Oh yeah, one more thing, Wade Houston isn’t on the staff any longer either.
Interesting, I’m surprised he didn’t know that.

If Johnson is out only 4 months, he may still be able to help this season. So a lot depends on his recovery time. And we're lucky there's so much talent on the team now and that the injury occurred when it did, leaving the team with the talent and time to overcome this. Go Cards!

Last edited:
I want Tyra and Bendapudi to do well but fund raising is my biggest concern with the current administration. Because of Jurich we don’t have to worry about our facilities for quite awhile.

Reactions: PHCARD
I want Tyra and Bendapudi to do well but fund raising is my biggest concern with the current administration. Because of Jurich we don’t have to worry about our facilities for quite awhile.
I’m hopeful we see some donations here soon. I’m giving both of them a fair shake in their endeavors. President Bendapudi seems like she has our best interest.

Fund raising ( lack of) is major and I’m concerned many with fat wallets will not be back with Vince appointed by “that board”. IMO, It stunk as soon as it was announced. I’m not sure where Josh Heird our new Deputy AD fits in with the big donors in his previous years with UofL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT