ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich reporting Brohm will be named coach on 11/26

Right . Take Purdue to a bowl game to forward momentum for recruiting and next year.

I think you guys keep Holt as the HC and finish 1-3 in the West.next year.

I do think Rondale and Milton Wright follow Brohm to Louisville.
So basically you think Rondale is just tossing a season? That would be ignorant.

Right . Take Purdue to a bowl game to forward momentum for recruiting and next year.

I think you guys keep Holt as the HC and finish 1-3 in the West.next year.

I do think Rondale and Milton Wright follow Brohm to Louisville.
I don't think Moore follows him IF he comes to Louisville, nor do I think he should. With his talent, It would not be a good business/career decision to sit out a year anywhere.

Reactions: IndySouthsider
Hearing some Twitter conspiracy theorists thinking Dakich put this out to undermine a possible Brohm to Louisville deal by forcing Brohm to make a decision/public statement on his future now to soothe the Purdue players and fan base.

Ooops, I didn't even understand my own stuff there. aaron matas on wdrb with another blue ass kissing misleading story line.

Oh great, another BBN ass kisser on WDRB, lil a---run---matt-jones--as.

Its mattie bangs.

It was funny that when the whoor story broke, he was getting nationwide interviews as an expert or insider to UofL.

Dickitch is trash.
Mattie bangs is trash to the 100 power :mad:

Reactions: Cue Card
This is such a crap move on Dakich's part.

Most people assume Brohm's going to be named Louisville's next head coach....for him to "break" this story (if true) is just a classless act. All Jeff wanted to do was coach the last two games and then announce. Just like every other coach changing jobs has ever done....and now Dakich has made Brohm's last few weeks at Purdue terrible.
Or maybe this forces Brohms hand in reaffirming his commitment to Purdue? At the very least you know Purdue’s AD is preparing for a bidding war now

Does anyone really believe Bob isn’t ready for a bidding war already....
If Jeff wants to come home, little Bob can do.

No doubt Jeff loves Purdue but Purdue isn’t in Louisville. If he wants to bring everyone on his staff home and have his soon to be freshman son start at Trinity in the fall, he’ll take the job.

Dakich just trying to break a story. You give him way too much credit trying to sabotage anything
CJ

I didn't realize Jeff's son will be a freshmen next year. As a Trinity graduate myself that is an important factor that his son would be able to go to Trinity. The Dakich thing is disturbing because he is so wrong a lot of times, hopefully he didn't give us the kiss of death.

Does anyone really believe Bob isn’t ready for a bidding war already....
If Jeff wants to come home, little Bob can do.

No doubt Jeff loves Purdue but Purdue isn’t in Louisville. If he wants to bring everyone on his staff home and have his soon to be freshman son start at Trinity in the fall, he’ll take the job.

Dakich just trying to break a story. You give him way too much credit trying to sabotage anything
CJ

they don't.

Reactions: CardinalJim
Jockitch is scum, he really is. Why put Brohm, Purdue in this situation. Hes a drunken POS
Hearing some Twitter conspiracy theorists thinking Dakich put this out to undermine a possible Brohm to Louisville deal by forcing Brohm to make a decision/public statement on his future now to soothe the Purdue players and fan base.

Reactions: CommodoreCard

I wouldn't doubt it....but...didn't work. Brohm addressed the report and still didn't say anything about not leaving Purdue or not being Louisville's next coach.

He's had two chances to squash the rumors and not done it.

Don’t think it will be a “bidding war”...Louisville will offer very fair and more than fair market value and it will be up to Jeff Brohm to say yes or no...JMO....

Agreed. Don't think Louisville is going to throw $6 or $7 million at him. Think they'll offer around $4 and that will be that.

Also....Bovada...one of the biggest (if not the biggest) gambling sites on the internet has removed the Louisville coaching search from their website. It had went from -110, to -195, to -300 yesterday.

So you can no longer place bets on it because too many people were betting on Jeff Brohm.

Last edited:
He is making $4 Million at Purdue now...Myself it will be at between $4.5 to $5 Million...JMO...

Yeah that seems logical as well. I figured as long as Louisville matches everything he has at Purdue he would make the switch but it makes sense for Tyra to sweeten the pot and give him a pay bump too and show him they want him. Good point.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Yeah that seems logical as well. I figured as long as Louisville matches everything he has at Purdue he would make the switch but it makes sense for Tyra to sweeten the pot and give him a pay bump too and show him they want him. Good point.

You have to show him the respect...a bump in salary and a 7 year deal and between $38 to 40 Million...

IMO it will take $6 mill for 7 years. Want to play big boy ball, you gotta pay like the big boys. I may be wrong, don’t think I am.

IMO it will take $6 mill for 7 years. Want to play big boy ball, you gotta pay like the big boys. I may be wrong, don’t think I am.

You may be right. Funny to see how other fans view this whole thing. Before you mentioned it just now I would have been stunned if UL gave him $6 million a year but thats just me. I don't care what they pay him as long as they get him....

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Agreed. Don't think Louisville is going to throw $6 or $7 million at him. Think they'll offer around $4 and that will be that.
I'm with those that think it's going to take more than 4M to get JB - I would think a minimum of 5M and a 6-8 year deal with at least half of that completely guaranteed. That would mirror the Mack deal. If Tyra gets him to come here for 4M, with not all of it guaranteed - that's some TJ level wizardry right there.

Don’t think it will be a “bidding war”...Louisville will offer very fair and more than fair market value and it will be up to Jeff Brohm to say yes or no...JMO....
Purdue is going to throw the piggy bank at Brohm. They could risk losing all of the momentum they have going for them right now if their next hire isn’t a good one. With all of the money they’re investing in their facilities it would be a very bad time to start trending backwards if they want to take their program to the next level. They could miss capitalizing on a huge opportunity to sell all that’s going on there if the wrong coach is in place and they know they have the right one right now.

I’m sure Brohm has plenty of reasons to come home but he’d be crazy to settle for less money. If he stayed at Purdue one more year the offers he gets from the blue bloods or the NFL could be crazy. Tyra will have to offer 6 mill a year and guarantee a lot of it I’m guessing. Purdue will probably make an offer they don’t think he can refuse and it’s untelling what other programs/franchises might get involved at this point. I’d still be surprised if Brohm doesn’t end up at UL but I’m curious to see what it’ll take to get him there

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT