ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich reporting Brohm will be named coach on 11/26

You'll know if he's full of it. If it's true, he won't be coaching Purdue anymore. There would be no reason to wait until then, because he'd already be cut loose.

You'll know if he's full of it. If it's true, he won't be coaching Purdue anymore. There would be no reason to wait until then, because he'd already be cut loose.
the reason you have to wait is because you still want your team to win the last two games and pulling the rug out may cost you wins. plus on our side we just named a interim coach and you want him to have those last tow games without the distraction. i think it's simply waiting for the end of the last game of the season. nothing more than that

Reactions: studed
I thought dickitch said Brohm was staying at Purdue.

Such a tool.

Told you the deal is done.

Dickitch doesnt know s#it.
He's trolling on behalf of his cayuts buddies. He is a waste.

the reason you have to wait is because you still want your team to win the last two games and pulling the rug out may cost you wins. plus on our side we just named a interim coach and you want him to have those last tow games without the distraction. i think it's simply waiting for the end of the last game of the season. nothing more than that

Also you dont want to turn off recruits and former players.
Keep almost everything above board.

This is such a crap move on Dakich's part.

Most people assume Brohm's going to be named Louisville's next head coach....for him to "break" this story (if true) is just a classless act. All Jeff wanted to do was coach the last two games and then announce. Just like every other coach changing jobs has ever done....and now Dakich has made Brohm's last few weeks at Purdue terrible.

Reactions: Cue Card
This is such a crap move on Dakich's part.

Most people assume Brohm's going to be named Louisville's next head coach....for him to "break" this story (if true) is just a classless act. All Jeff wanted to do was coach the last two games and then announce. Just like every other coach changing jobs has ever done....and now Dakich has made Brohm's last few weeks at Purdue terrible.

Effing IU garbage.
Trying to be a fly in the ointment and force Brohm to announce
before the last two games.

Outside of beating SuCkS in basketball, there is nothing good about IU.

He's also effing with Purdue, since IU looks up to them.

How is this "news" being received on the Purdue boards?
The same as it was received on here when he reported the opposite the other day. By backtracking to give himself an out it appears that both fanbases are right and can agree that the guy if is full of it.

I personally still think he stays but I wouldn't be surprised by a decision to either school anymore at this point.

The same as it was received on here when he reported the opposite the other day. By backtracking to give himself an out it appears that both fanbases are right and can agree that the guy if is full of it.

I personally still think he stays but I wouldn't be surprised by a decision to either school anymore at this point.
He's receiving quite a bit of Twitter flack for his flip-flop on this story.

I don't for one second believe he will be announced before the season is over.

I think conversations have taken place and both sides are ironing out details but I don't for 1 second think they're going to let anything leak before the last game of the year and there's no way Dakich knows of an announcement date yet. That just seems ridiculous.

I think the Kent Sterling guy probably has it right.....its happening, money is being agreed on and Louisville is ironing everything out....but nothing's official.

Kent Sterling....a reporter from Indy is also reporting that Brohm to Louisville is a done deal but he says they haven't decided on a date for the announcement but money is already moving.

https://twitter.com/KentSterling

I'm not here to actually guess what's going to happen (just to debate the merits of a good toll system and toss out a bit of insight from up north. But I've got no inside info).

Supposedly, Sterling is the guy who got Dakich his job in radio. I'm not going to speculate on what is actually happening with Brohm, but if Dakich isn't a good source, neither is Sterling. They likely have the same sources, are are each other's sources.

And to the person who wants to know what we're doing on our boards, there are some people freaking out like morons, and many many more who are just calling those people morons . . . . just like ever other board.

The bad part for you all is that in Indiana (particularly Purdue circles) Dakich is considered a big media guy...so Brohm will now have to address it and possibly force him to make a quicker decision.

The bad part for you all is that in Indiana (particularly Purdue circles) Dakich is considered a big media guy...so Brohm will now have to address it and possibly force him to make a quicker decision.

He's addressing the media around 5:00.

This information shouldn't be leaking out right now, but if this situation causes him to not take the job; so be it. Its an inconvenience but in no way, shape or form a deal breaker. Scott Frost denied he was going to Nebraska and reports kept saying he was a done deal.

He'll say i have a job and have not been offered any other jobs.

Case closed.

But, 11/24 is the last football game for both Louisville and Purdue. 11/26 is on Monday and is home Game for Women Basketball at the Yum Center. Makes sense to me. Jeff will be available that daY.

But, 11/24 is the last football game for both Louisville and Purdue. 11/26 is on Monday and is home Game for Women Basketball at the Yum Center. Makes sense to me. Jeff will be available that daY.
All true but he needs to play it cool. He wants to be able to finish out his year with his current team to hopefully get them to a bowl game, then he can inform them he's coming home and that it isn't personal. He will thank the Purdue fans and administration for their support, but at the same time explain that it's his home he's leaving for and that's the only reason. That was he keeps things civil.

Jeff is coming home. It's a business decision, but it is also home. There is no place like home.

He'll say i have a job and have not been offered any other jobs.

Case closed.
Agree with this. He's pretty boring in press conferences so he will probably say close to what you just did and nothing will be learned. I will change the wording though on how he will answer to something like the following

"Have I been offered the job? No I have not. I have a job to do and a game to prepare for."

Reactions: KerryRhodes
He's addressing the media around 5:00.

This information shouldn't be leaking out right now, but if this situation causes him to not take the job; so be it. Its an inconvenience but in no way, shape or form a deal breaker. Scott Frost denied he was going to Nebraska and reports kept saying he was a done deal.
It’s my understanding that this is his NORMAL Thursday media session. I think another dumb a$$ Hoosier named Bozich is trolling people now. FVCK INDIANA

One thing that unites the Louisville and Purdue fanbases is the fact that Dakich is a Douchebag. The only thing that separates IU fans and Ky fans is that IU fans have a couple more teeth.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Agree with this. He's pretty boring in press conferences so he will probably say close to what you just did and nothing will be learned. I will change the wording though on how he will answer to something like the following

"Have I been offered the job? No I have not. I have a job to do and a game to prepare for."

Right . Take Purdue to a bowl game to forward momentum for recruiting and next year.

I think you guys keep Holt as the HC and finish 1-3 in the West.next year.

I do think Rondale and Milton Wright follow Brohm to Louisville.

Right . Take Purdue to a bowl game to forward momentum for recruiting and next year.

I think you guys keep Holt as the HC and finish 1-3 in the West.next year.

I do think Rondale and Milton Wright follow Brohm to Louisville.[/QUOTE

Holt will never be HC at Purdue. Respected as DC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT