ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo and Watson feels they should've won the Heisman

Feb 19, 2003
For Deener and others....just stop with the Clemson "Love Fest"...Still don't have a real issue with Watson because as a competitor I actually understand...Dabo is just irritating.

This comment from Dabo:

Swinney said the Heisman Trophy has been watered down as voters get swayed by the player who suddenly bursts on the scene and misses out on players like Watson, who are consistently good over a career.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...atson-clemson-tigers-says-best-player-country

Last edited:
For Deener and others....just stop with the Clemson "Love vest"...Still don't have a real issue with Watson because as a competitor I actually understand...Dabo is just irritating.

This comment from Dabo:

Swinney said the Heisman Trophy has been watered down as voters get swayed by the player who suddenly bursts on the scene and misses out on players like Watson, who are consistently good over a career.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...atson-clemson-tigers-says-best-player-country
Dabo has been playing the victim ever since UL kicked Bama's ass in the Fiesta Bowl, when he was a Bama team member. Watson has his chance and blew it. I guess the two got "Clemsoned" again.

Nation wide conspiracy against Clemson? Interesting angle. We bought off how many hundreds of voters?

Actually I do agree with Dabo on one point: They do like to vote for the younger break out guy. Last person to win back to back was Griffin in the 70's. Oh well, Watson should've gotten it during his break out season.

Odds are Lamar won't win it next year because some new star will break out.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I'm not sure what you expect those guys to say. Of course they think Watson is the better player, but we all know the truth, from our perspective. I think they should focus on tOSU and not worry about an award they didn't win. They DO have to come here next season and we'll have an opportunity to exact some revenge. I do hope they beat those arrogant jerks from tOSU. Plus it makes the ACC look better.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
One would think their focus at this point would be on OSU instead of who won the Heisman Trophy. Watson is a terrific player but he was just beaten out by a better individual college player. TBD which player will have the better professional career but there is ONE thing that isn't going to change. Lamar Jackson IS the Heisman winner. All the whining and crying from Watson and his Dbag coach isn't going to change that fact.

Watson was a pick machine his year. He has to make significant upgrades to his game at the next level to realize his potential. He could be another Jameis, or another Brandon Weeden. Time will tell. Hope the kid does well - except against the Packers, of course.

Reactions: American Male
For Deener and others....just stop with the Clemson "Love Fest"...Still don't have a real issue with Watson because as a competitor I actually understand...Dabo is just irritating.

This comment from Dabo:

Dabo is defending his star player. He should and honestly he's kind of right. I say that because watch next year - voters will for every reason in the world to scrutinize Lamar and give the Heisman to someone else. Just wait.

Dabo is defending his star player. He should and honestly he's kind of right. I say that because watch next year - voters will for every reason in the world to scrutinize Lamar and give the Heisman to someone else. Just wait.
He's not right.

His opinion is based upon DW's career - which has been outstanding. BUT, that's not what the Heisman is about - it's about who was the best player in a given year. In that context, LJ should have easily won the award, and did.

Let dabo create a separate award that recognizes the player who was never the best in a given year but, was the best multiyear player by sustaining good play longer than others. The statue could be of a guy sitting in a chair, not having his name called.

Last edited:
Oh I agree, Lamar was the best player in NCAAF -let me make that clear.

What he is right about is that voters will look to give it to some new face next year even if Lamar repeats what he did this year.

Dabo should be focused on beating Ohio State...not calling the Heisman Trophy "watered down" since Watson didn't win it...again, I have no issue with Watson...just sick of Dabo...

Dabo is a huge whiner...in game, out of game, off season it's a whine fest...in all fairness he's pretty emotional about everything...the guy gets super happy or super sentimental also, so I guess it's consistent with her persona.

Whatever works for him...if I were a Clemson fan, I'd not get too worked up about any of it...but I'm a Cards fan, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

Reactions: Cue Card
Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

Mitch Trubisky of UNC is the one who should be pissed about not being the 2nd team All ACC QB. He had a better completion percentage, higher yards per completion, much better TD/INT ratio and a higher passer rating.

Another unrelated fact is that Trubisky is likely to be drafted before Watson.

I've seen Trubisky projected as high as 3rd overall.

I still think the NFL places a higher value on "pocket passers" than they do dual threat. Trubisky is very much a pocket passer.

I've seen Trubisky projected as high as 3rd overall.

I still think the NFL places a higher value on "pocket passers" than they do dual threat. Trubisky is very much a pocket passer.
I've heard the only knock on Trubisky is his footwork but man is he impressive to watch video of and I imagine the right QB coach can help with the footwork.

He is a big kid with a great arm and is extremely accurate and I like his no nonsense demeanor.

I've heard the only knock on Trubisky is his footwork but man is he impressive to watch video of and I imagine the right QB coach can help with the footwork.

He is a big kid with a great arm and is extremely accurate and I like his no nonsense demeanor.

Footwork? We don't need no stinkin' footwork. Signed, Dan Marino. ;)

Marino always looked like he had 2 left feet and was about to trip any second. Dan Fouts was another that had no footwork at all. Both of them had hellacious arms and long careers though.

Wow - thanks for clearing that up. And here we all thought not winning the Heisman was the subject of Watson's dissertation.

You've really got some kind of insight there. o_O

Yep, I actually do. The other two posters were complaining that Watson and Dabo were talking about the Heisman instead of the playoffs. The only reason they are talking about it is because reporters asked them, otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it. So the point is, the criticism by the other two posters is invalid.

Yep, I actually do. The other two posters were complaining that Watson and Dabo were talking about the Heisman instead of the playoffs. The only reason they are talking about it is because reporters asked them, otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it. So the point is, the criticism by the other two posters is invalid.
And that's important because we all know that every question must be answered in depth - lol. They're both butt hurt and were looking for any excuse to express it.

"I'm just here so I won't get fined".

Last edited:
And that's important because we all know that every question must be answered in depth - lol. Their both butt hurt and we're looking for any excuse to express it.

"I'm just here so I won't get fined".
Jeezuminy amen. This guy is like Card Lame times Cliffy Clayvon +3

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT