ADVERTISEMENT

Curious playcalling

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Petrino wants to sling the ball downfield. Radcliffe has been tearing it up but Petrino is still slinging it. Petrino can be stubborn with his game plan but he may need to go with the running game to open up the passing game. Marshall is selling out with the pass rush. Time for screens and misdirection.

I know good and well you're not worried about this game real.:)
I'm always worried once a game starts but the Marshall QB is really struggling. I do believe Marshall's game plan on defense has been effective but I do believe Petrino made a concerted effort to run Jackson less in this game.

Reactions: earsky
I'm good with Petrino calling the plays.

Disrespect is a mofo...

Giving Marshall's defensive effort a ton of credit. Didn't expect anything else tonight.

Going to be an intense week of practice.

Well...its been a sloppy first half with quite a few errant throws and poor O-line play. Yet...it's 35-7 at the half. That's a pretty big indication of what kind of firepower we have, when we lead by 28 after a half of sloppy play. Also...Lamar Jackson is simply The Man.

1. Its Marshall
2. Lots of media attention
3 looking ahead to Clemson
4. Coaches hiding plays from Clemson
5. Its Marshall

1. Its Marshall
2. Lots of media attention
3 looking ahead to Clemson
4. Coaches hiding plays from Clemson
5. Its Marshall
I think there's a lot of #4 there. The offense was pretty one dimensional tonight. Expect to see things against Clemson we haven't seen much of yet.

Petrino wants his team to get better. Jackson is still very young, and learning in the passing game.

Not sure how much better he gets just running around all day or handing it off. Needs to continue to progress as a passer. This was an ideal opponent to do that against.

Reactions: 65bird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT