ADVERTISEMENT

Cards +7 against the Fighting Irish

At no point last Friday was there any effort to employ any misdirection
Threw a throwback screen to Coleman for a big gain. Flea flicker would’ve been a TD but the DB smartly held…

Never mind, just read the rest of your post

Last edited:
You don’t replace a QB when you haven’t lost game. Nobody does that.
A few years ago ND replaced a 4-0 Brandon Wimbush (which included a win vs top 10 Michigan) with Ian Book.
And Wimbush was even a 10 game winning starter from the year before.

Coaches threaten players all the time with pulling playing time. If you're not getting the job done, you're out. NC State just did this after the loss to Louisville.

They have benched QB Armstrong for the backup QB for the game against Marshall this Saturday. I'm sure Armstrong didn't use his portal transfer just to be benched. Any future transfer may look elsewhere than Raleigh, North Carolina when the coach has the stones to bench the transfer.

All players are not the same when it comes to harsh criticism. I don't know Jack Plummer but I do know he played and left Brohm before. Maybe Brohm did this once before and Plummer bolted? He can't bolt this time as a graduate transfer.
Brohm benched Plummer at Purdue because he is not good QB.

I love watching Plummer throw. He does need to learn when to throw the ball away before in the grasp. There have been times that it wouldn’t hurt for him to watch a series but I’m okay with him. Still think Brohm hung him out there too much against Nc St.
Coach admitted as much in a post game press conference.

Reactions: cardrock
You guys are probably right.
I wouldn’t give in that easy my friend lol.
I think both sides are partially right. You guys are just using different terminology. While I don’t think JB was playing vanilla in any way sharp or form in our previous contest. But I’m fairly certain he was holding back a certain set of plays for this game. As most coaches do in almost every game. Based on schemes and personnel matchups etc.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Brohm benched Plummer at Purdue because he is not good QB.
Come on man 😃 I actually like Jack, and I feel confident that he can manage the game and have us in a position to win. I do see, like some of you guys here, where he does on occasion lose his composure. But when he gets in the zone he is quite impressive and makes great decisions.
But I have to correct you on your above statement. If Plummer was not a good QB he wouldn’t be playing right now for coach Brohm. And… Brohm didn’t bench Plummer, he broke his ankle. At least I think that was the situation. Correct me if I’m wrong.

No, Plummer was benched. The only reason he is here IMO is we had no QB ready, Plummer knows Brohm's offense which gives Brohm a season to get another QB ready. Plummer wouldn't be here if Brohm had other options imo.

Apparently he has 7 other options including one with experience, Domann. You guys are both correct. Brohm wanted a QB he was familiar with and more importantly a QB that was familiar with Brohm's offense. Called it a safety net. But on the other hand if Brohm didn't feel that Plummer hadn't earn the job, he wouldn't be playing him. Brohm's not playing for next season or the season after. He's playing for this year. Who would want anything different?

Apparently he has 7 other options including one with experience, Domann. You guys are both correct. Brohm wanted a QB he was familiar with and more importantly a QB that was familiar with Brohm's offense. Called it a safety net. But on the other hand if Brohm didn't feel that Plummer hadn't earn the job, he wouldn't be playing him. Brohm's not playing for next season or the season after. He's playing for this year. Who would want anything different?
Yea I’m with you. And we both are kinda correct. But SHC is closer to being more accurate or on point because his analysis is more recent. After further review Plummer did lose is spot at QB to injury but that was his redshirt freshman year. So apparently he must of won it back again only to lose it the second time around his redshirt junior year. But he still had a higher completion percentage than the guy he lost it to. And while he lost it… I’m under the impression that is was a situational back and forth deal. But putting 2 and 2 together - I think Brohm was hoping that Plummer would take a few more chances down field. And Plummer has now proven, when given time he can get that done as well. So again… I like what we have in Plummer and hope like a mother 🤪 that he’s on point Tomorrow night!
Go Cards

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Yea I’m with you. And we both are kinda correct. But SHC is closer to being more accurate or on point because his analysis is more recent. After further review Plummer did lose is spot at QB to injury but that was his redshirt freshman year. So apparently he must of won it back again only to lose it the second time around his redshirt junior year. But he still had a higher completion percentage than the guy he lost it to. And while he lost it… I’m under the impression that is was a situational back and forth deal. But putting 2 and 2 together - I think Brohm was hoping that Plummer would take a few more chances down field. And Plummer has now proven, when given time he can get that done as well. So again… I like what we have in Plummer and hope like a mother 🤪 that he’s on point Tomorrow night!
Go Cards
I never wish bad on our players. I'm a risk averse kind of person that believes there is a time to roll the dice, but when you have a player 5-15 yards underneath, you take the easy pass and wait for your opportunity.

Go Cards
Maybe it was because O'Connell was a better QB? He's starting in the NFL right now. Granted, its due to an injury to the starting QB, but being the backup as a rookie is something Plummer will most likely never experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT