ADVERTISEMENT

CSS Is Gonna Pull In A Hell Of A Recruiting Class

Interesting in that our biggest problem last night was depth in the D-line. Though we did get a couple of sacks, for the most part Wake QBs had all day to throw and they were shredding us on that walk-up option. Our guys were clearly gassed by mid 3rd Q. We desperately need D linemen.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Most of the transfers occurred on the defensive side of the ball especially on the D-Line. Talent is a real problem on the Dline. Even as good as App St has been defensively they had trouble stopping the P5 schools. The biggest adjustment for Satterfield in the move to the ACC maybe their philosophy on smaller DL. They like the smaller guys but just not sure they can hold up against ACC lines.

We will have to see how it plays out.

Interesting in that our biggest problem last night was depth in the D-line. Though we did get a couple of sacks, for the most part Wake QBs had all day to throw and they were shredding us on that walk-up option. Our guys were clearly gassed by mid 3rd Q. We desperately need D linemen.

How do you think CSS is going to handle this, JUCOs?

Our offense can play with anybody. Our defense has some good players that make plays but we need to start putting pressure on the QBs.
Agree. We actually did put pressure on their offense last night, but it was with our offense. Could you I magine being the QB for Wake. He’s more afraid of giving the ball back to UL than being hit. Every time he came back in we had put more points on the board.

Can’t imagine the potential this program has after CS stocks the Cupboard with his recruits!

Anybody have any info on Ty Tyler? Graduate transfer out of Marshall. Had 9 sacks last season and was a preseason top 100 player. Defensive end

I haven't heard his name called once this season. Just wondering. Seems like someone that could really help us get some pressure on opposing qb,s.our top recruit this year didn't qualify acedemically. Don't know where he went but I sure hope he has plans to come here still. His name is Boykin a DE with a ridiculous motor.

There was another player named Boykin also. This guy was top recruit in 2019 class but didn't qualify. In fact our top 2 failed to qualify. This guys name is Ja'darien Boykin

To me it seems as simple as the d is thin and ran out of gas at the end.

WF. First 5 series. P, Fu, P, TD, P.

WF. Last 5 series. P, TD, TD, TD, TD.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
To me it seems as simple as the d is thin and ran out of gas at the end.

WF. First 5 series. P, Fu, P, TD, P.

WF. Last 5 series. P, TD, TD, TD, TD.

I think a big part of that was because we scored so fast. KOR for a TD etc. I think the defense played 107 snaps in very fast succession.

I’m sure the coach is simply going to recruit the best talent we can pull regardless of geography. Just like the big boys.[/QUOTE

Agree, sounds good but pretty sure that kid over there has great size and is a four-star.

Tyler has played in all 6 games, with 3 tackles, 1 assist and 3 QB hurries. I think it was Mike Boykin who entered the transfer portal after getting beat out by Dayna Kinnaird.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT