ADVERTISEMENT

Courtney Ramey

So which school(s) are going down because of 'dirty' 5* players?

Be specific. Don't mealy mouth it. Put it to paper. Which ones?
Tell me what info the FBI has. We've only had a taste so far.

And when you say "going down," it's more like their results will go down. The athletic programs will survive unless their head coaches were directly involved. But those records with ineligible players?...POOF!!

Tell me what info the FBI has. We've only had a taste so far.

And when you say "going down," it's more like their results will go down. The athletic programs will survive unless their head coaches were directly involved. But those records with ineligible players?...POOF!!

I guess you can cling to that. My thoughts are the NCAA may kick a few programs (school #6 can't catch a break) but the only real changes will be NBA eligibility rules.

If you think for 1 second UofK gets anything then I have a bridge to sell you. And I KNOW that's the one most UofL fans are angling to see catch fire.

I guess you can cling to that. My thoughts are the NCAA may kick a few programs (school #6 can't catch a break) but the only real changes will be NBA eligibility rules.

If you think for 1 second UofK gets anything then I have a bridge to sell you. And I KNOW that's the one most UofL fans are angling to see catch fire.
If you think your fat f%ck for a coach who cant coach a lick isnt involved in this mess, then I have some teeth to sell you. Obviously the rest of your weak athletics program isn't cheating....but ol Cal is.

...If you think for 1 second UofK gets anything then I have a bridge to sell you. And I KNOW that's the one most UofL fans are angling to see catch fire.
Well, they only have to clear about 40 of their best kids over the last decade of pay-for-play. If LPT can do that, they'll be fine...

Back on topic again for more news on Courtney. He has jumped up to #31 per the latest 247 rankings and is now #38 nationally per the 247 composite, which is a combination of most of the rankings from all major sites.

Reactions: Cincycard80
This Ramey thing is starting to be a bit dramatic. The disconnect regarding his visit with Coach Mack is a bit hard to believe. I hope he isn't another attention wore like Maverick Rowan was. Man that got old.

Right because we know Nike and all those 5 stars Cal has had wouldn't take or pay a dime. They did subpoena the Nike Elite records- that shoe will drop eventually.

This Ramey thing is starting to be a bit dramatic. The disconnect regarding his visit with Coach Mack is a bit hard to believe. I hope he isn't another attention wore like Maverick Rowan was. Man that got old.
He's a five-star kid. You want that caliber of player, you get the baggage with it. And that's just what you know about.

My guess is NOT L1C4 despite what I'm being told. He would have to be an exception...

He's a five-star kid. You want that caliber of player, you get the baggage with it. And that's just what you know about.

My guess is NOT L1C4 despite what I'm being told. He would have to be an exception...

Lol he was committed to UofL until your Saint and his minion got fired for being stupid.

Why do you want us to be a rec league level team?

It doesn't matter if the NCAA penalizes sUcK or not. They are already penalized with that sorry azz coach they have. Imagine every year they have one of the top classes in the country and they win the weak SEC. Their fans are all giddy and shout they are going all the way and they keep losing early to weaker opponents. It is hilarious and it is so much fun to watch.

It doesn't matter if the NCAA penalizes sUcK or not. They are already penalized with that sorry azz coach they have. Imagine every year they have one of the top classes in the country and they win the weak SEC. Their fans are all giddy and shout they are going all the way and they keep losing early to weaker opponents. It is hilarious and it is so much fun to watch.
In 9 seasons UK has lost early only twice (early being the first weekend).

We won a national championship with mostly "rec league" players...

5 star Behanan #21
4 star Blackshear #36
4 star Ware #70
4 star Dieng #44
4 star Siva #39
4 star Harrell #82
3 star Smith
Hancock -unranked, I guess.

Mostly "rec league" players is a massive stretch. Just inaccurate really. Your exaggerations are just trying too hard.

Yes - there were MAJOR contributors, that were under the radar players, including the best player, and the MVP of the title game.

But 6 of the 8 were 4 star players and up... half rated in the top 50 of their class.

The truth is always somewhere in between. There is no title without the mix of unheralded players AND top shelf recruits.

Tubby did that too and you people fired him.
Nope. Tubby was not fired. He left for minny on his own

But you are right about tubbys record. we’ve always done pretty well in March. We’ve had great coaching (did Clyde actually happen though? I think I’ve suppressed those two seasons)

Last edited:
Nope. Tubby was not fired. He left for minny on his own

But you are right about tubbys record. we’ve always done pretty well in March. We’ve had great coaching (did Clyde actually happen though? I think I’ve suppressed those two seasons)

Oh please, he was going to be fired. You people were ready to burn his house down. He left town first for his family’s safety.

You haven’t seen a rec league game in a while have you?
...Mostly "rec league" players is a massive stretch. Just inaccurate really. Your exaggerations are just trying too hard...
If posters wanna keep my quotes--and others--IN CONTEXT, you won't get confused...

1987 used the term "rec league" in response to MY remarks about 5-star players like Ramey. That was HIS exaggeration, not mine. I simply carried on with it.

I have no problem with the caliber of the roster on the 2013 team, which included ONE marginal 5-star guy. I agree that true "rec league" players are not what we want.

Take that up with the other guy next time, and understand what you're reading literally AND in context...

We won a national championship with mostly "rec league" players...

No we didn't. Siva was a high 4 star Mcdaa. Behanan and Blackshear were 4/5 star Mcdaa's. Gorgui was a top 40 player. Harrell was a 4 top 100 player. Hancock and Russ were the only 2 guys that were major contributors that weren't highly sought after players. You don't win titles trying to find the next Russ Smith at all 5 positions.

which included ONE marginal 5-star guy. .

No such thing as a marginal 5 star guy. They are all considered elite when they come in.

That MARGINAL 5 star guy's on court production was strong. Did you even watch the title game? He got 15 and 12 and destroyed Mitch McGary, who got MARGINAL stats that night. Put the Cards on his back for a long stretch in the 2nd half.

You seem to have this goofy impression the Cards would have won the title without Chane. Newsflash, they wouldn't have.

Id say having a roster full of 5 star recruits, a HOF recruiter and hot dog eating champion for a coach, and the easiest bracket in the history of the school playing a team of guards....is a VERY early exit. Kansas State baby!
That is the popular opinion on here. Be that as it may, the poster referenced an early exit which is regarded as the first weekend. It’s happened only twice including the nit season.

Well, they only have to clear about 40 of their best kids over the last decade of pay-for-play. If LPT can do that, they'll be fine...
UK doesn't have to clear anyone. The NCAA has to prove a player or program broke the rules.

have no problem with the caliber of the roster on the 2013 team, which included ONE marginal 5-star guy. I agree that true "rec league" players are not what we want.
This is where I am. I like getting the kids that are on their way up,with something to prove. It doesn't always work out. Some 3-4 year guys get that one-eye-on-the-league syndromrome that proves detrimental to team goals.

You gotta bring in talented guys that have a strong desire to win championships.

UK doesn't have to clear anyone. The NCAA has to prove a player or program broke the rules.
I should have been more clear. Once the evidence starts to emerge--as it already has with Knox and Adebayo--you'll have to prove your guys should have been eligible to play. And there are 38 or more guys besides them, not to mention what we don't fully know yet about Knox...

That is the popular opinion on here. Be that as it may, the poster referenced an early exit which is regarded as the first weekend. It’s happened only twice including the nit season.
So is LPT turd polish available at every home game?...

Last edited:
No such thing as a marginal 5 star guy. They are all considered elite when they come in.

That MARGINAL 5 star guy's on court production was strong. Did you even watch the title game? He got 15 and 12 and destroyed Mitch McGary, who got MARGINAL stats that night. Put the Cards on his back for a long stretch in the 2nd half.

You seem to have this goofy impression the Cards would have won the title without Chane. Newsflash, they wouldn't have.
Never said anything about Chane's production here. You're changing the narrative.

Ratings aren't an on-off light switch... Per Rivals, Behanan was ranked 21st of 26 five-star kids in the 2011 class. ESPN rated him four stars and 28th nationally. MaxPreps had him rated 31st nationally and four stars. I can only confirm he took one recruiting trip, that one to Louisville.

He was nowhere at the top of any five-star lists. I called that "marginal", and I'm still OK with that...

No we didn't. Siva was a high 4 star Mcdaa. Behanan and Blackshear were 4/5 star Mcdaa's. Gorgui was a top 40 player. Harrell was a 4 top 100 player. Hancock and Russ were the only 2 guys that were major contributors that weren't highly sought after players. You don't win titles trying to find the next Russ Smith at all 5 positions.
You responded to my "five star" post with a remark about "rec league" players. Presumably, you think everyone below five stars is "rec league".

That made most of our 2013 players "rec league" because most were not five stars.

If that's not what you mean, feel free to clarify...

Never said anything about Chane's production here. You're changing the narrative.

Ratings aren't an on-off light switch... Per Rivals, Behanan was ranked 21st of 26 five-star kids in the 2011 class. ESPN rated him four stars and 28th nationally. MaxPreps had him rated 31st nationally and four stars. I can only confirm he took one recruiting trip, that one to Louisville.

He was nowhere at the top of any five-star lists. I called that "marginal", and I'm still OK with that...

You're changing the narrative from being a 5 star to distinguishing the rating within the 5 star community.

The poster challenged your premise with the REC league comment because you've shared in all these threads a lack of desire to recruit 5 star players and the coveted 4 star players because they may not be clean and may not be program first. As if ANYBODY can confirm such a thing prior to their arrival.

75% of the rotation from the recent title team had players you wouldn't want based on your premise - they were highly touted.

You seem to think UofL can win a title without any highly coveted recruits, nobody agrees, no matter how many threads you say it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT