ADVERTISEMENT

Courtney Ramey

HRTheCard

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2016

We’ve made his top 10. Pretty clear he will listen to us if we give him a chance. Hopefully he’s given that chance.

He would be the biggest pick up of the offseason. We are in dire need of ball handlers. He and Perry would be a good core group of guards with McMahon in relief as well.

Reactions: Louisville JD
Ryan needs to be the backup PG. He can't handle ACC 2G defensively. I can't see him added 20 pounds to his frame. He would be an good backup to Perry. Perry could move over to the 2G if Ramey was a real option.

Ryan needs to be the backup PG. He can't handle ACC 2G defensively. I can't see him added 20 pounds to his frame. He would be an good backup to Perry. Perry could move over to the 2G if Ramey was a real option.
Not sure if they do this, but I’d prefer Perry to play the 1 on offense and guard the 2 on defense if he and McMahon were the starting guards. I am assuming VJ will play the 2 and McMahon will be 6th man though coming in when Perry or VJ needs a breather.

Five stars

flat,400x400,070,f.jpg

He's a 4-star and was committed here. He loves the city of Louisville and the campus.
So do I. How does that make us clean? I was also reminded by a fellow poster today--this stuff doesn't stop at five stars...

So do I. How does that make us clean? I was also reminded by a fellow poster today--this stuff doesn't stop at five stars...

Alright, well you can sit in a corner and enjoy Louisville. Myself and the rest will sit at the big boy table hoping for Ramey to commit.

I'm sure they're doing their due diligence's on him. Don't see why you feel the need to worry about it. If they want him, I want him. If they don't find any issues, then there's nothing for me to conspire or raise an eyebrow at.

You want us to get 2-3* talent. You act like EVERY SINGLE 4-5* is "dirty." That isn't even remotely true. You know, there are some people who have integrity in this world and do the right thing.

You worry too much. This may all come out with loads of players connected, but I feel like it would have already. IF any guys had any answers to Nike players, it would've been Merl. Nothing else has come out about Nike, yet. I guess.

Reactions: iujunky
...I'm sure they're doing their due diligence's on him. Don't see why you feel the need to worry about it. If they want him, I want him. If they don't find any issues, then there's nothing for me to conspire or raise an eyebrow at.

You want us to get 2-3* talent. You act like EVERY SINGLE 4-5* is "dirty." That isn't even remotely true. You know, there are some people who have integrity in this world and do the right thing.

You worry too much. This may all come out with loads of players connected, but I feel like it would have already. IF any guys had any answers to Nike players, it would've been Merl. Nothing else has come out about Nike, yet. I guess.
I'm not at all sure they're doing their due diligence. I'm not sure that Mack and his assistants were clean at Xavier. Are they actually looking for "issues"? Aren't most of these FBI coaches supposedly in the dark about what is/was going on? You act like you're oblivious to the world around you.

It's full of people with integrity. Most of them aren't five star basketball players or their families and handlers. You wanna be clean, yet you wanna go back to the same muddy pond to fish in.

I don't worry about anything. I WAS one of a few people who kept asking if kids like Bowen were L1C4 when we got involved with them. Guess I should interject more in board discussions in this space... :cool:

#L1C4 is dead. It left when Pitino left.I hated it, it never made a damn bit of sense anyways. I'm glad it's gone because it sounded dumb as hell.

This is a new era Zippy boy. Put your big boy tighty whities on and get on the train for the ride... or, you can keep that thong on and stay at the train station big boy. Just don't sag too hard.

#L1C4 is dead. It left when Pitino left.I hated it, it never made a damn bit of sense anyways. I'm glad it's gone because it sounded dumb as hell.

This is a new era Zippy boy. Put your big boy tighty whities on and get on the train for the ride... or, you can keep that thong on and stay at the train station big boy. Just don't sag too hard.
Tell the FBI about that "new era". They're ushering it in.

And tell U of L about L1C4. They're still using it in their marketing media.

Some of you guys are a little behind...

Tell the FBI about that "new era". They're ushering it in.

And tell U of L about L1C4. They're still using it in their marketing media.

Some of you guys are a little behind...

Says the one who won't move on from Jurich.

And WHO CARES if they aren't L1C4. I want NBA talent on my team. I want players who are going to work extremely hard every single day to play at UofL and then if they want to move onto the NBA, go ahead. Idc if they move on after 1, 2, 3, or 4 years. I want the best talent that is going to give it their all at our University.

And like I said, not every single 4-5* is dirty. Not all are in the "muddy pond." I've yet to see your provide any insight on how "everyone is dirty." They simply aren't. Get over it. I bet you're glad that the one that came to this University was dirty just so you can prove your point, like you just tried to do then.

Says the one who won't move on from Jurich.

And WHO CARES if they aren't L1C4. I want NBA talent on my team. I want players who are going to work extremely hard every single day to play at UofL and then if they want to move onto the NBA, go ahead. Idc if they move on after 1, 2, 3, or 4 years. I want the best talent that is going to give it their all at our University.

And like I said, not every single 4-5* is dirty. Not all are in the "muddy pond." I've yet to see your provide any insight on how "everyone is dirty." They simply aren't. Get over it. I bet you're glad that the one that came to this University was dirty just so you can prove your point, like you just tried to do then.
You want NBA talent? Travel down to lessington. You can have all the talent you want.

Reactions: zipp
You want NBA talent? Travel down to lessington. You can have all the talent you want.
Oh so you don't want NBA talent? LOL.

Soon to be Spalding, Mitchell, Rozier, Dieng, Harrell. Need I go on? I didn't say the TOP OF THE TOP. However, even teams like UVA have NBA talent. It's asinine to think otherwise. Maybe 1 of the Top 15 every now and then, but Top 40-60 and/or just 4-5* range. Like normal. I think Mack will recruit better than Pitino.

Last edited:
...WHO CARES if they aren't L1C4. I want NBA talent on my team. I want players who are going to work extremely hard every single day to play at UofL and then if they want to move onto the NBA, go ahead. Idc if they move on after 1, 2, 3, or 4 years. I want the best talent that is going to give it their all at our University...
Hilarious. You want the player that doesn't exist, the NBA star who plays hard 82 games a year. And willing to do so for the PROMISE of money, not the actual commodity.

Let the college coaching world know where those players are... They're in huge demand, Einstein...

Seems like we go round and round. It extremely hard to build a program and win a title. The reality is you have to have talent to have a successful program. You have to have a good or great coaches and support. There is no way around it recruiting has to be very good. People define very good different ways which is tied to their own bias.

Zipp, as there are no players that meet HR criteria the recruiting system forces every college head coach to operate in that corrupt system. You bring up Mack may or may not be clean. The player in question was a 2 star recruit.

There is no way to completely avoid problems with this much money being thrown around. I would have never thought John Wooden would have looked the other way but guess what he did. We have no idea what Louisville players received during the Crum years. Recruiting at this level has always been dirty, history tells you that. The current system was set up to protect the college coaches, no one is denying this was going on just that none of their staff was involved hence the victim card. All these coaches know how the system works, they like Wooden looked the other way. As long as they school is protected let the kids get what they want and deserve.

The NCAA is going to take the easy route because they aren't going to throw themselves under the bus.

Oh so you don't want NBA talent? LOL.

Soon to be Spalding, Mitchell, Rozier, Dieng, Harrell. Need I go on? I didn't say the TOP OF THE TOP. However, even teams like UVA have NBA talent. It's asinine to think otherwise. Maybe 1 of the Top 15 every now and then, but Top 40-60 and/or just 4-5* range. Like normal. I think Mack will recruit better than Pitino.
And of course you miss the whole point of this. Those guys were not NBA talent when they got here. They were developed. You want guys that seemingly don’t need development. Why? Can’t Mack do the same thing or are you afraid they have to be NBA ready like Cow’s players?

Character is important too. Talent is obviously important but the perfect player is one with both. Those players are out there. It's just up to the coaching staff to identify those high character talented players then convince them that UofL is the place for them.

Reactions: jimmy5-11

Yeah, dumb phrase, never liked it.

Correct me, if I am wrong, but wasn’t Pitino recruiting Ramey?

At the end of the day, the one person who was not “L1C4” was Pitino.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
And of course you miss the whole point of this. Those guys were not NBA talent when they got here. They were developed. You want guys that seemingly don’t need development. Why? Can’t Mack do the same thing or are you afraid they have to be NBA ready like Cow’s players?

No one said what you are attempting to rebut. There is a difference between one and done and NBA talent, but Donovan Mitchell was definitely expected to be in the NBA some day. Same with Rozier. There are others and there are others who were expected to be in the NBA, but did not make it, Wayne, Chane and TWill.

I like the old school way of having maybe one 5 star or... a couple couple of 4 stars and coaching up the rest of the team. I DO NOT EVER want to have any sort of revolving door at Louisville, EVER. A good coach does not need a roster full of 5 stars.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't even watch Louisville basketball if we were like the school up the road. Im am a man entrenched in principle (im an old man in a young mans body). Call me crazy, but I still hang onto the idea of the "student athlete" , whether that's a delusion or not. I just dont want the "student athlete principle" so blatantly ignored and abolished as it is at a couple other schools.

Somebody please list the teams that won a title in the last 10 yrs without a single 5 star on the roster. I am curious to know how many there have been. I don't want an all 5 star team either. One gem is enough for me.

Somebody please list the teams that won a title in the last 10 yrs without a single 5 star on the roster. I am curious to know how many there have been. I don't want an all 5 star team either. One gem is enough for me.
Yeah, you need a balance. Too many alpha dogs and things turn ugly. Get a couple of alpha dogs and some real nice quality role players and you've got a winning combo. Everything in moderation seems to be the key to happiness. :p

Out of those, Dieng and Harrell were the most developed. It was very very clear that Spalding, Mitchell, and Rozier had NBA talent from the start. That’s what I want. Whether they need to be developed or not, that’s up to Mack. However, the need of NBA talent on your team is required. I mean Villanova has like 2-3 guys on their team that are declared. 2 will get drafted, 1 in the lottery. I want players like Mikal who are willing to stay more than 1 year. Give me a 5* talent in SKJ who transferred from Uk. He’s willing to develop. He has had NBA talent from the start, just needs help to breakout. Kind of like VJ King. Both were 5*, both have taken longer. That’s okay with me. It’s also okay with me if they come and give it their all for one season and are projected lottery then leave.

I’m not trying to be like Uk. PLENTY of 5*’s go to different University’s and stay more than one year. 4 year 5* Grayson Allen is a primary example. Uk is about the only school who has the MAX exodus year in and year out. They’re an outlier in comparison to the other 5* talent at other schools. UNC may have 1-2 players declare, that’s a good team to build around in comparison to what I envision at our school. They’ve been rolling just as well as Villanova. My goal isnt to have 5 OAD’s, MAYBE, MAYBE 1-2 5*’s. That’s it’s. That doesnt mean they’re OAD 5*’s, doesn’t mean they’re not either. Between UNC and Nova, it has been proven that 1-2 5*’s and 4*’s surrounding have shown to have the best results with great coaching. The athlete and talent has evolved to where you need that type of talent on your team, whether they stay 1 or 4 years.

Wendell Carter, for example, contemplated coming back because he fell in love with Duke. He ultimately chose to leave. He’s ready to leave. That’s OKAY with me. That’s the kind of players I want; If they know they aren’t ready to go, they won’t.

Look, Im not saying I want them or dont want them to be OAD. If they’re good enough to be OAD and just a year to develop, so be it. However, I want players that if they aren’t ready after one year, they’ll stay. That’s not what you get at sUcKs or haven’t gotten.

That’s all I’m trying to say and I think that’s reasonable whether they’re a 4 or a 5 star talent. Most 5*’s in the 20-30 range are 2 year players anyways. A great example in Malik Williams. If Mack gets Williams to break out, he’s probably gone. He’s NBA talent, a stretch 4-5 player. He LOVES UofL, but every kids ultimate goal these days is getting to the NBA if they have the natural talent from the start and/or need that coaching to break out. That’s who I want.

Last edited:
Yeah, you need a balance. Too many alpha dogs and things turn ugly. Get a couple of alpha dogs and some real nice quality role players and you've got a winning combo. Everything in moderation seems to be the key to happiness. :p

That’s what I’m saying.

Give me 1-2 5* talent, along with the rest being 4* players. That creates a GREAT team. That 5* talent can step up when needed, aka Jalen Brunson and Mikal Bridges, and the others are GREAT role players who play their role so well they may also be in the NBA, aka Omar Spellman.

Neither 5* were OAD either. Uk is the outlier with the 5* OAD factory. A lot of 5*’s dont declare. It’s just mainly the top 12 or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cue Card
I don't want to go to the one and done system like sUcK. They haven't been anymore successful than anybody else with it. As a matter of fact they look really bad to have all that talent every year and not go anywhere.

Somebody please list the teams that won a title in the last 10 yrs without a single 5 star on the roster...
There are thirty Rivals 5-star kids annually. Assuming half of them stick around more than one year, that makes sixty in college basketball every year. And they tend to go to the better teams. Of course, there are 5-star kids in the Final Four and on the championship team.

That doesn't mean you have to actively recruit them to win a championship. For every one you find on the national champ, I can find one on a team that didn't sniff a championship...

There are thirty Rivals 5-star kids annually. Assuming half of them stick around more than one year, that makes sixty in college basketball every year. And they tend to go to the better teams. Of course, there are 5-star kids in the Final Four and on the championship team.

That doesn't mean you have to actively recruit them to win a championship. For every one you find on the national champ, I can find one on a team that didn't sniff a championship...
But isn’t the goal to win championships? If the common denominator is highly talented players then why would we want to recruit anyone but players that can play at a high level. Get 1-2 5 star guys every other year and then fill the roster with the guys like Sutton and Perry who are grinders.

Somebody that has time, please list the teams that won a title in the last 10 yrs without a single 5 star on the roster. I'm unsure if there were any.

Somebody that has time, please list the teams that won a title in the last 10 yrs without a single 5 star on the roster. I'm unsure if there were any.

Louisville? Can't remember if Siva was a 5 star, but he was highly regarded.

5 Stars can also turn out to be VJ King.

Louisville? Can't remember if Siva was a 5 star, but he was highly regarded.

5 Stars can also turn out to be VJ King.
Last 10 years (including 2008) Jennings, Samuels, Behanan, and King are the only rivals 5 star recruits for the Cards. That's 4 players in 10 years. Siva was a 4 star. We've had a ton of 4 star recruits over the past 10 years.

UofK has had 38 five star recruits since 2008. Thirty-Eight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT