ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pitino stated that Jurich made the post season ban call

Announcer also said that Pitino offered to give up his salary for the entire year and donate it to charity. Nice gesture but losing one year is salary to a millionaire probably would not mean much to rules committee.

Announcer also said that Pitino offered to give up his salary for the entire year and donate it to charity. Nice gesture but losing one year is salary to a millionaire probably would not mean much to rules committee.
Maybe he should do it anyway.

Coach Pitino was very insistent to NOT blame Dr.Ramsey for the decision. He says Jurich made the decision, and Dr. Ramsey okay'ed it.

Players who have nothing to do with any infractions have always been the ones to suffer the consequences of previous wrong doers. Heavy fines ($10 million to $25 million or more) to the schools doing the wrong thing is the only way to solve the problems. The only thing that can get the school's attention is money.

Also, coaches or staff on the whole just walk away, wait a short time, and pop back up somewhere else with no real consequence incurred. Fine them too. Big time bucks (maybe some percentage of their salary).

I'm tired of seeing good, honest people get hurt because of someone else's misdeeds.

Well, what do you think Jurich's jon is? It is to protect UofL and make sure it has a balanced budget and complies with NCAA guidelines. Jurich is doing his job correctly!

I'm sorry but money is not the problem solver either. A program like Louisville, which is probably top 5 revenue producers, fines would not be an issue or like a team like Alabama in football, there would be no deterrent. You have to hit hard where it affects every university or program, which usually means loss of scholarships, recruiting penalties and postseason bans.

I'm sorry but money is not the problem solver either. A program like Louisville, which is probably top 5 revenue producers, fines would not be an issue or like a team like Alabama in football, there would be no deterrent. You have to hit hard where it affects every university or program, which usually means loss of scholarships, recruiting penalties and postseason bans.

I agree with what you're saying nccard. In conjunction with some heavy monetary fines ( both the school and the staff), I think losing scholarships, bans, and recruiting penalties will get the attention of the school administrators. Also, depending on the type of infraction committed, the current players will not be penalized for the wrongs of others.

Peace.

This:
"You got proof players accepted benefits?
If not STFU."

and this:
"crew Ramsey and his uk fluckie insiders. His self saving fall on the sword move. has cost this university a HOF coach,possibly a excellent Ad, and a loyal fanbase and donor love. not oo mention going forward what this could do to this program."

is why we are in the position we find ourselves in. Kids, pay close attention. It's something I learned in my 25 years an Army soldier and then officer. The wrong thing might be the easiest route but in the end you'll never lose a night of sleep or worry about your job if you do the right thing. We were wrong and should suffer the consequences. Hopefully, in the future, others placed in positions of authority will do the right thing. As of today I have stopped giving money to the University. They and the fan base will have to prove to me that they understand what right is. I'm sure I'll be censored once again here, which again highlights the problem......the right thing to do isn't always the easiest or popular thing to do.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT