ADVERTISEMENT

Coach 2-What else did he know

NOT defending Pitino, but people are taking him being identified and Coach-2 and running with it. NOTHING implies in the DOJ that he knew or supported/helped funnel the money. They were phone calls, the FBI didnt quote anything from the phone calls like they did in the DOJ for others. So who knows honestly.

Fair enough. If he is coach 2, opens the door on how much he knew of the Powell fiasco. Again, never expected these types of behaviors from him. Just mind boggling if true.

Fair enough. If he is coach 2, opens the door on how much he knew of the Powell fiasco. Again, never expected these types of behaviors from him. Just mind boggling if true.

I suspect if he would have done anything illegal, he would have been arrested.

Given his age along with his achievements, I can't see it either.

I heard from people that are close to some of his inner circle, that the whole Karen Sypher (blackmail) scheme really rocked his world. It was a humbling life changing event.

As I understand coach 2 made a phone call to the Adidas rep told him to take care of his guys. Which can be interpreted many different ways. The question is why did he think his guys were meeting with Adidas? Just playing devils advocate. I believe Rick should go. Way to much going on. And this sounds damning to me. But if he didn’t know it would be better for us and how the NCAA handled us....I would think.

NOT defending Pitino, but people are taking him being identified and Coach-2 and running with it. NOTHING implies in the DOJ that he knew or supported/helped funnel the money. They were phone calls, the FBI didnt quote anything from the phone calls like they did in the DOJ for others. So who knows honestly.

Phone calls about weather? There is way too much smoke here. If he wasn't involved and/or did not know about it, doesn't matter. His assistants did. Couple that with all the odd comments, interviews and changes in recruiting approach... doesn't add up.

I just find it strange or at least odd how he stressed or called attention to not spending any money to recruit Bowen.

I heard from people that are close to some of his inner circle, that the whole Karen Sypher (blackmail) scheme really rocked his world. It was a humbling life changing event.

I could see that. Very proud man and on top of the game. Had to be a significant hit to his ego and pride.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Phone calls about weather? There is way too much smoke here. If he wasn't involved and/or did not know about it, doesn't matter. His assistants did. Couple that with all the odd comments, interviews and changes in recruiting approach... doesn't add up.

I just find it strange or at least odd how he stressed or called attention to not spending any money to recruit Bowen.

Probably coincidence and a bad choice of words considering the news coming out. Can't imagine him sarcastically throwing these terms around as backhanded slights towards anyone.

As I understand coach 2 made a phone call to the Adidas rep told him to take care of his guys...
Those were the words of the sports agent, not Pitino. And I haven't see a transcript, meaning it may have no substance...

Those were the words of the sports agent, not Pitino. And I haven't see a transcript, meaning it may have no substance...

Yes, could be. More will hit the news wire over the next couple of days. Would think Pitino would've got arrested also had he made the arrangements.

Have it on good authority that Rick is so Big Blue, he systematically took down, over 17 years, the UofL basketball program to appease a rabid rival fan base.

That's the conspiracy theory being floated out in BBN anyway.

Evidentially it didn't humble him enough since he had 2 scandals under his watch after Sypher. I'm over his deer in the headlights act "I didn't know" con.

Evidentially it didn't humble him enough since he had 2 scandals under his watch after Sypher. I'm over his deer in the headlights act "I didn't know" con.
Same here if he is indeed coach-2 in the FBI complaint. So far nobody is denying it.

You can bet that if the Feds had anything more incriminating on Pitino, he would have been walked out in handcuffs. How would that have played on TV?...

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
You can bet that if the Feds had anything more incriminating on Pitino, he would have been walked out in handcuffs. How would that have played on TV?...
Much of what was in the FBI materials was not a federal crime. In fact, it could turn out that none of it was. The theory used is questionable. The only people arrested are those that took money themselves and/or breached fiduciary duties to the kids. The coaches that facilitated payments to kids, such as the Louisville coaches, did neither. That is why neither coach was arrested. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the conduct seriously violates NCAA rules.

Serious question. Do you think when montrez harrell and the other player were bared from pick up games at uofl, they were so mad they started talking on what they knew?

Serious question. Do you think when montrez harrell and the other player were bared from pick up games at uofl, they were so mad they started talking on what they knew?
It is an interesting point to ponder, but given the nature of a federal investigation the time period is just too short. IMO what they may or may not reveal would amount to corroborating evidence.

I don't know that Harrell and Behanan were rated high enough to get money thrown at them by anyone. That's all they'd have to say in this matter...

Trying to have a discussion here....thought that's why these forums exist.
We know you are not here to discuss anything...but to troll. Screen name says it all.
As far as coach 2 is concerned...FBI is not goung to name anyone unless they choice to...like when the informed UofL of the investigation. Anything now is pure speculation. In not defending Pitino...but I know that the FBI doesn't want to screw the case by leaking that info. The Powell case disturbs meet because we have Powell's info, but not Andre Macgee's. Not that Pitino is gone....then Andre can talk freely. He won't...but we would to know.

I don't know that Harrell and Behanan were rated high enough to get money thrown at them by anyone. That's all they'd have to say in this matter...

The shoe money transaction schemes only works with the top 20 kids each year. The true one and done kids who will become NBA players in like 11 months from the payoff, so the shoe companies can recoup their investment as soon as possible. That's not Trez or Chane. In fact, that's no one in our program in the last 8 years until now. I'd say Samardo and Character back in their day. Maybe Blackshear or VJ could speculatively have been on the edge of one and done hype, but Bowen was literally our first recruit in recent years that fits the profile of a player that a shoe company would be interested in as a high schooler to coerce. They wouldn't care about any of our other kids.

My point is there's roughly 160 kids over the last 8 years that fall in "shoe company funnel $$" target range. Bowen was the only one we recruited. Ever. Yet, they have a sting op and tapes on Bowen and U of L. There has to be several others, if the Feds cast a general net the last 3 years. The percentages just don't make sense that Bowen and U of L would be the only ones caught this high profile Shoe Company multi-year sting op because that's been our only recruit possible of being a coercion target by a shoe company.

So, the thinking that someone had to tip them off to target Bowen/U of L is a the right line of thinking just based on percentages. Clearly, were not habitual offenders because there's no one on our team that's gone to the NBA after a year and signed a shoe deal. Bowen was going to be our first

Reactions: vivid_red
The shoe money transaction schemes only works with the top 20 kids each year. The true one and done kids who will become NBA players in like 11 months from the payoff, so the shoe companies can recoup their investment as soon as possible. That's not Trez or Chane. In fact, that's no one in our program in the last 8 years until now. I'd say Samardo and Character back in their day. Maybe Blackshear or VJ could speculatively have been on the edge of one and done hype, but Bowen was literally our first signed recruit in recent years that fits the profile of a player that a shoe company would be interested in as a high schooler to coerce. They wouldn't care about any of our other kids.

My point is there's roughly 160 kids over the last 8 years that fall in "shoe company funnel $$" target range. Bowen was the only one we got. Ever. Yet, they have a sting op and tapes on Bowen and U of L.

There has to be several others, if the Feds cast a general net the last 3 years. The percentages just don't make sense that Bowen and U of L would be the only ones caught this high profile 'Shoe Company multi-year sting op', because that's been our only recruit possible of being a coercion target by a shoe company.

So, the thinking that someone had to tip them off to target Bowen/U of L is a the right line of thinking just based on percentages. Clearly, were not habitual offenders because there's no one on our team that's gone to the NBA after a year and signed a shoe deal. Bowen was going to be our first.

The only possibility is conspiracy in the offenses the people already indicted were charged.
The FBI probably would not pursue this if he comes clean with them.

There are a lot of words I could use to describe Ricky, but humbled sure as hell is not one of them..
He couldn't spell humble without choking..

And please tell what changes it made in his life ??

He's an arrogant ass, always has been, always will be..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT