ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Prediction Thread

The classic Clemson “nice way” to sneak in a condescending post. Well done.

Exactly, “How dare anyone suggest Dabo would run the score up!” Lol

Also very hypocritical of that guy to say “It's not Dabo's fault if your team or any other team can'tstop the backups in the 2nd half,” and then not apply the same statement to Saban and Bama. As much as I dislike Saban he is known for not pouring it on.

I personally think it’s exactly right.

Plus the fact Dabo likes Satt. And it appears to be quite a bit.

He didn’t “run it up” last year. We just decided to roll over and play dead.

The only way they don’t score last year is to take a knee, and TRULY embarrass us.

Id love to beat CU. I’d like to beat the spread, and we have a chance at that because of the above.

But I certainly don’t want to lose anybody doing it.

By mid-late 3rd qtr, if we’re down 21 I hope all our BU’s are in too.

The rest of our schedule is WAY more important than this game.

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
Actually no, Dabo won't try to punish you. Satterfield has never done anything to warrant Dabo's rath so if it does start to get out of hand he'll call the dogs off just like he did last week against FSU, or against GT, or against Syracuse, or against Charlotte. Hell, Chase Brice played the entire 4th quarter against Texas A&M. The only time the starters have even seen a 4th quarter this year was against UNC. You realize he sat Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne down after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter last week. Clemson has no need for style points as long as they win all the games and if they drop 1 they're out anyway. Dabo plays the long game by getting 2s, 3s, and 4s in game action as much as possible which is one of the reasons Clemson looks so fresh at the end of the year when they beat the mighty SEC teams such as Alabama who love to bludgeon everyone every week but rarely take any starters out and have no experienced depth. It's not Dabo's fault if your team or any other team can't stop the backups in the 2nd half. Clemson's going to run their offense because the backups need the reps and if they score too bad.
Wrath

The Cards will compete but talent and depth will decide this one by half time IMO. Clemson will roll to a 24 point win, maybe more. 45-21.

Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, even Georgia(oops), look like very strong competitors for the four spots. In the view of many pollsters, Clemson has underperformed so far, so Dabo knows he can’t afford any more hiccups. Both Clemson and Georgia will be looking to make a statement this weekend.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, even Georgia(oops), look like very strong competitors for the four spots. In the view of many pollsters, Clemson has underperformed so far, so Dabo knows he can’t afford any more hiccups. Both Clemson and Georgia will be looking to make a statement this weekend.

Georgia definitely must make a statement to have any chance to get back in the playoff discussion.

It’s just very difficult to make any case that Clemson needs to make a statement at this point. They are the defending national champions and have won 21 straight games, with the same QB and RB from last year’s national championship team. Between all of the contenders you mentioned, only 3 can possibly go undefeated. If it’s a choice between an undefeated ACC champion which also has wins over Texas A&M and South Carolina or ANY one loss team, there’s no way Clemson will be left out.

The only statement Clemson needs to make is to play well. That may be the real reason for UofL to be concerned.

Reactions: Mayoman
Georgia is out. LSU controls is own destiny. Clemson has looked so strong in past years that the media doesn’t give them any room for marginal victories this season. Clemson has looked ho-hum until last weekend. Clemson in unless the Cards have something to say about it. Man, this is going to be one game that’ll have the juices flowing really early before game time.

Actually no, Dabo won't try to punish you. Satterfield has never done anything to warrant Dabo's rath so if it does start to get out of hand he'll call the dogs off just like he did last week against FSU, or against GT, or against Syracuse, or against Charlotte. Hell, Chase Brice played the entire 4th quarter against Texas A&M. The only time the starters have even seen a 4th quarter this year was against UNC. You realize he sat Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne down after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter last week. Clemson has no need for style points as long as they win all the games and if they drop 1 they're out anyway. Dabo plays the long game by getting 2s, 3s, and 4s in game action as much as possible which is one of the reasons Clemson looks so fresh at the end of the year when they beat the mighty SEC teams such as Alabama who love to bludgeon everyone every week but rarely take any starters out and have no experienced depth. It's not Dabo's fault if your team or any other team can't stop the backups in the 2nd half. Clemson's going to run their offense because the backups need the reps and if they score too bad.
Not sure about Dabo or Clemson as a team, but we will definitely feel the wrath of Trevor Lawrence to try to atone for his horrible performance against us last year. The guy threw for just 59 yards with an interception, for an 85.2 QBR; probably the lowlight of his college career. ;)

Just FTR...tongue firmly planted in cheek for this post.

Reactions: PushupMan
Georgia is out. LSU controls is own destiny. Clemson has looked so strong in past years that the media doesn’t give them any room for marginal victories this season. Clemson has looked ho-hum until last weekend. Clemson in unless the Cards have something to say about it. Man, this is going to be one game that’ll have the juices flowing really early before game time.

Georgia could definitely play it’s way back in by winning the east and sec championship. Not likely but definitely a possibility

The fun thing about this sport is that the top 4 teams right now could all miss the playoff. There are so many games left to play. Clemson has the softest road but how many times over the years have we seen a sure thing get tripped up on the road against an unranked team?

I personally think it’s exactly right.

Plus the fact Dabo likes Satt. And it appears to be quite a bit.

He didn’t “run it up” last year. We just decided to roll over and play dead.

The only way they don’t score last year is to take a knee, and TRULY embarrass us.

Id love to beat CU. I’d like to beat the spread, and we have a chance at that because of the above.

But I certainly don’t want to lose anybody doing it.

By mid-late 3rd qtr, if we’re down 21 I hope all our BU’s are in too.

The rest of our schedule is WAY more important than this game.

I guess we are just fortunate that they won’t “punish” us and let us feel their “rath”.

Our only chance of winning this game is to run the ball and control the clock. Our defense actually played pretty well last week until late in the game when they got tired and worn out from being on the field so much. I think if I heard right, Wake Forest ran over 100 plays. We have to control the clock and keep the defense fresh for late in the game. Sadly though, I don't think we can be effective running the ball against Clemson. I hope I'm wrong. Go Cards!

Georgia definitely must make a statement to have any chance to get back in the playoff discussion.

It’s just very difficult to make any case that Clemson needs to make a statement at this point. They are the defending national champions and have won 21 straight games, with the same QB and RB from last year’s national championship team. Between all of the contenders you mentioned, only 3 can possibly go undefeated. If it’s a choice between an undefeated ACC champion which also has wins over Texas A&M and South Carolina or ANY one loss team, there’s no way Clemson will be left out.

The only statement Clemson needs to make is to play well. That may be the real reason for UofL to be concerned.
Very logical, I must admit, but there could be scenarios that Dabo does not want to flirt with. Try this. Clemson wins out, but is not impressive. LSU, Oklahoma and Ohio State win out. Bama has one very close loss to LSU. Dabo wants his team to start clicking on all cylinders, right now, and leave no doubt.

Reactions: PushupMan
I got LSU, Bama, OSU, and winner of UL/Clemson in.

So much football left to be played, but this year I think you’ll see the SEC champ, the Big 10 Champ, Clemson, and Oklahoma in the playoff. I think Oklahoma and Clemson will both win out which would put both of them in. SEC will probably come down to LSU or Bama, and big ten looks to be either OSU or Wisconsin.
If I had to pick my final four today, I’d go with 1-Bama, 2-Oklahoma, 3-Clemson, and 4-Wisconsin.

Very logical, I must admit, but there could be scenarios that Dabo does not want to flirt with. Try this. Clemson wins out, but is not impressive. LSU, Oklahoma and Ohio State win out. Bama has one very close loss to LSU. Dabo wants his team to start clicking on all cylinders, right now, and leave no doubt.

Undefeated Clemson and Oklahoma, Bama with a close loss to Georgia and Ohio State with a close loss to Wisconsin would make for a very difficult selection choice, as well.

Last edited:
Nothing condescending about it brother. Just trying to educate you on the truth. Also, wasn't trying to be a nice guy because I'm not but wasn't trying to be disrespectful either. You guys type a lot of ignorant svit about our program and people and I felt like responding. I'll leave now because I'm probably getting banned because I wasn't nice to you. Hopefully Dabo will be nice on Saturday though. That was condescending by the way.

OH well I might as well chime in here with my “predictionS”. Cards 88-2 with us giving CU a safety by running out of the end zone because we feel sorry for them OR Clemson 107-6 with us being “given” a TD at the end of the game and then they block our extra point attempt just to show us who is “boss”. And this is the best I can do. Don’t like it . . . Tough noogies.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Nothing condescending about it brother. Just trying to educate you on the truth. Also, wasn't trying to be a nice guy because I'm not but wasn't trying to be disrespectful either. You guys type a lot of ignorant svit about our program and people and I felt like responding. I'll leave now because I'm probably getting banned because I wasn't nice to you. Hopefully Dabo will be nice on Saturday though. That was condescending by the way.

I don’t think you’ll get banned, your smack talk is incredibly pathetic. We’re all really just laughing at you.

Put the bottle down and go back to bed Daryl. I’ve been to the last two games at Clemson. It amazes me how different their “internet” fans are compared to their fans that actually attend games. Anyways, this guy is what I thought he was.

This could be the year when 2-3 teams could have a legitimate gripe if left out.

Parity has reached the top.

I guess it should since the same 10-15 teams get all 4 and 5 star recruits.

This could be the year when 2-3 teams could have a legitimate gripe if left out.

If we don’t beat Clemson, I would love to see an undefeated Clemson and Oklahoma, a one loss OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State, Bama, LSU, Georgia or Florida, and Utah or Oregon.

That would shake things up

I'd love to see a PAC team get some love!! I think a lot of things need to happen for that...the B1G and B12 are looking pretty solid, SEC will be in w a 2 loss champ probably...if Clemson gets a loss, that'll shake things up...our ACC is not looking too deep this year, they won't get much of a chance to improve their resume...for PAC to get a chance, I think it would be in place of the ACC...so many more games to be played, this speculation is really fodder for CFB junkies. What nobody wants to see is another SEC 2 team in situation, which is still very possible.

Clemson 45 Louisville 21

We have struggled to defend tempo offenses as it is in Wake and BC who are both quality attacks...but neither of those two have the combination of RB quality coupled with QB delivery to WR corps that Clemson has. If the hardship rule existed in football the same as basketball Etienne, Lawrence, Ross and the remaining skill position starters wouldn't even be taking the field Saturday. We realistically could only say that about Becton. Our pass rush has diminished with each game and you need a surge up the middle to get Lawrence even slightly uncomfortable, but that just isn't in our tool bag right now. Clemson has a full garage of tools to work with; we have a child's erector set by comparison.

Scheme can mask personnel issues only so long; I think that is why you are seeing more and more success against our defense.

It may be time for the 8 team playoff with each of the P5 championship game winners getting an auto bid. I’d also suggest that one bid go to the “best” non P5 school. The other two could go to P5 2nd place schools. Just some thoughts here. I’m not sure that I’d ever support more than an 8 team playoff series. But I assure you that the TV folks would absolutely love this scenario. There are too many bowl games and a bunch of them are totally meaningless and the TV viewership suffers because of it.

It may be time for the 8 team playoff with each of the P5 championship game winners getting an auto bid. I’d also suggest that one bid go to the “best” non P5 school. The other two could go to P5 2nd place schools. Just some thoughts here. I’m not sure that I’d ever support more than an 8 team playoff series. But I assure you that the TV folks would absolutely love this scenario. There are too many bowl games and a bunch of them are totally meaningless and the TV viewership suffers because of it.

Although I’d love to see the playoff moved to 8 teams for my own personal enjoyment, I can’t think of a year, since the playoff started, where one of the 5-8 teams would have won. We need a year with total chaos before an 8 team playoff would be considered.

Although I’d love to see the playoff moved to 8 teams for my own personal enjoyment, I can’t think of a year, since the playoff started, where one of the 5-8 teams would have won. We need a year with total chaos before an 8 team playoff would be considered.
Plenty of season left. Hell, chaos could happen tomorrow starting at noon.

Guys, just take great pleasure in the fact that you can't be honestly certain how this game could play out, beacuse the 2019 Cards are actually showing playing with heart, and I think most of you are aware of that.

The fact that at this point in time that this "could" be a good game shows where the program has gone from last year. Reading a lot of posts on Cardinals football on internet forums, it seems a lof of Cardinals fans forget where this program was last year.

BTW, Satterfield fan from my time in Boone, from having a good friends son play for App when they beat Michigan when I moved to NC, added my "true" college team is my for my Alma Mater who I watched play as a student.

That said, I now consider L'Ville my second favorite college team.

Guys, just take great pleasure in the fact that you can't be honestly certain how this game could play out, beacuse the 2019 Cards are actually showing playing with heart, and I think most of you are aware of that.

The fact that at this point in time that this "could" be a good game shows where the program has gone from last year. Reading a lot of posts on Cardinals football on internet forums, it seems a lof of Cardinals fans forget where this program was last year.

BTW, Satterfield fan from my time in Boone, from having a good friends son play for App when they beat Michigan when I moved to NC, added my "true" college team is my for my Alma Mater who I watched play as a student.

That said, I now consider L'Ville my second favorite college team.

NO Card fan has forgotten where this team was at last season.

Reactions: gocds
With all due respect, after reading a lot of posts here and on some other forums, it seems after having a "winning season" so far at this point in time in 2019 (compared to last year in 2018), I'd respectfully argue that is seems some Cards fans did forget last year.

Perhaps Satterfield has done to good of a job where the expectation is on winning (which isn't a bad thing overall IMO).

My only point is by slim chance the cards do get blown out tomorrow, Satterfield seems to be the kind of guy to learn from past games, and the only way you get better is by playing better teams.

Don't be too hard on them if they loose big, and try to keep things in perspective.

Reactions: PHCARD
Undefeated Clemson and Oklahoma, Bama with a close loss to Georgia and Ohio State with a close loss to Wisconsin would make for a very difficult selection choice, as well.
True, but it shouldn’t be a “selection”. Win your conference, you’re in. Period. Three at-large based on total wins, wins vs P5, total wins of opponents. No “eye test”, “resume”, or “Committee “. Just winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT