ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Prediction Thread

Clemson 38, UofL 31

Cards will play their most complete game so far this year and will carry a lead into the second half.

After the North Carolina game, It seems that Dabo realized that he needs to punish opponents to make the playoff. Not good for us. Just hope that we come out of it healthy. Etheridge sitting a half might be a blessing, in that regard. Clemson wins 68-35 ish. Go Cards!

49-24, Clemson. No question we will play hard, just too much of a gap at the key positions. Hope we come out of the game healthy. We got another bye coming after UVA.

Clemson 49
UofL 30

This the best defense we’ve seen and it’s really not close. Our defense showed me nothing that tells me we can contain Clemson and the 12th ranked offense they bring in. Only hope is to score with them, we have an outside shot of doing that. I’m moving closer to thinking we cover against them. CSS has just been amazing with this offense.

I’d love to see our offensive side put up 30 points plus. But I’m a D guy, let’s show some statical guys we are better than what the numbers show.

Last week we did quotes and it turned out pretty good. Here’s trying for a new tradition.

“Men, if you find yourself laying on a field in tall grass and staring up at the sky, fear not, for you are already dead.”

“What we do today shall echo into eternity.”

The Cards hang with them early, but the defense wears out in the 2nd half. Clemson 45, Louisville 31.

Clemson 49, UofL 28.
How hard was that for you to type? I can only imagine being a true fan and typing that prediction. I know you guys take pride at giving honest head-first predictions, but I just can’t do it. I would never bet or predict against my team as a player, now I won’t do it as a fan. Just too stubborn I guess.

How hard was that for you to type? I can only imagine being a true fan and typing that prediction. I know you guys take pride at giving honest head-first predictions, but I just can’t do it. I would never bet or predict against my team as a player, now I won’t do it as a fan. Just too stubborn I guess.

I think of all the big-time college fanbases UofL fans in general may be the most realistic. Generally, I think that’s a good thing although it can also make us look fickle at times.

I think of all the big-time college fanbases UofL fans in general may be the most realistic. Generally, I think that’s a good thing although it can also make us look fickle at times.
I can understand that. Those the elites believe they’ll win them all. I do like the idea of UL shocking fans, especially our own.

Clemson coming to town. The players are all business and I’m sure extremely anxious to get on with some more shocking wins. I’m down and ready. Would love to show some recruits what they’ll be getting into should they join the program.

Not too hard. It's a prediction request; not a wish list. I'm a pretty positive person by nature, but I also tend to be a tad "cautious" in my sports fandom. I'm also not one for bold predictions that fly in the face of heavy probability. Having said all that, I would LOVE to be proven wrong...even very wrong. :)

Not too hard. It's a prediction request; not a wish list. I'm a pretty positive person by nature, but I also tend to be a tad "cautious" in my sports fandom. I'm also not one for bold predictions that fly in the face of heavy probability. Having said all that, I would LOVE to be proven wrong...even very wrong. :)
Well stated. I will give it a go then. I predict both teams will show up and the underdog ain’t afraid to bite.

The thing is, UL is playing football like it’s meant to be played, 11 strong and without fear. I can predict as much.

I’m a D guy

giphy.gif

Cards 31 Clemson 56 (Really hope I'm wrong though)

That's about where I'm at if you put a gun to my head. I do think the Card's have a puncher's chance if the funny-shaped ball bounces a certain way a few times and a few turnovers. Truthfully Clemson may be sleepwalking through their schedule so that also is in the Cards' favor. But logic tells me the Cards do ok early but get boat-raced.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
That's about where I'm at if you put a gun to my head. I do think the Card's have a puncher's chance if the funny-shaped ball bounces a certain way a few times and a few turnovers. Truthfully Clemson may be sleepwalking through their schedule so that also is in the Cards' favor. But logic tells me the Cards do ok early but get boat-raced.
Clemson players know that UL just pumped out 62 big’uns. Their D will be out for the challenge.

guys!!! they have O linemen with Tutu Atwell speed, They've got the Greek god Sampson as the QB, they've got three Einstein level genius coaches, they have a D-line that uses semi trucks for tackling dummies!!

We'll be down to our 5th QB when we just start taking knees sometime in the middle of the second quarter!! the little known mercy rule will be implemented due to a lack of eligible players...the hospital bill alone will bankrupt the university.

how's that for a throwback prediction!?!

guys!!! they have O linemen with Tutu Atwell speed, They've got the Greek god Sampson as the QB, they've got three Einstein level genius coaches, they have a D-line that uses semi trucks for tackling dummies!!

We'll be down to our 5th QB when we just start taking knees sometime in the middle of the second quarter!! the little known mercy rule will be implemented due to a lack of eligible players...the hospital bill alone will bankrupt the university.

how's that for a throwback prediction!?!
All that considered, I still give Clemson a chance to play us close.

The Cards have been allowing, on average, 44 points the last three games. Clemson, during that same stretch, has averaged 39 PPG. Let's do a little math here.
giphy.gif

The results are:
giphy.gif

Reactions: CommodoreCard
No chance

None

Clemson will KO to us, catch their own kick and score.We'll snap to the shotgun and there DL will be there to catch it and score.

The only way we will stop em is to run in the locker room with the ball and lock the doors.

We may not have enough players left for UVA. (Who will observe the CU game plan and repeat it)

It'll be a friggin nightmare!!!!

;););););););););););););););););)

Clemson is Roger Clemens, and we're Wonder Bat.

Clemson 56, Louisville 21.

I hope I can come back to this thread and eat major crow after the game.

Keep the memories of the last couple of games in your minds during this one. Clemson will cover and maybe somemore. This game we are just out classed i just hope we can get out of it healthy enough .

Not sure of the score, but you certainly have picked up a great coach. I live about 1 1/2 hours from App State and he is well thought of here and will bring your program back. Just give him some time to recruit. He always had his guys prepared @ APP and appears he is doing the same with you.

After the North Carolina game, It seems that Dabo realized that he needs to punish opponents to make the playoff. Not good for us. Just hope that we come out of it healthy. Etheridge sitting a half might be a blessing, in that regard. Clemson wins 68-35 ish. Go Cards!
Actually no, Dabo won't try to punish you. Satterfield has never done anything to warrant Dabo's rath so if it does start to get out of hand he'll call the dogs off just like he did last week against FSU, or against GT, or against Syracuse, or against Charlotte. Hell, Chase Brice played the entire 4th quarter against Texas A&M. The only time the starters have even seen a 4th quarter this year was against UNC. You realize he sat Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne down after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter last week. Clemson has no need for style points as long as they win all the games and if they drop 1 they're out anyway. Dabo plays the long game by getting 2s, 3s, and 4s in game action as much as possible which is one of the reasons Clemson looks so fresh at the end of the year when they beat the mighty SEC teams such as Alabama who love to bludgeon everyone every week but rarely take any starters out and have no experienced depth. It's not Dabo's fault if your team or any other team can't stop the backups in the 2nd half. Clemson's going to run their offense because the backups need the reps and if they score too bad.

Actually no, Dabo won't try to punish you. Satterfield has never done anything to warrant Dabo's rath so if it does start to get out of hand he'll call the dogs off just like he did last week against FSU, or against GT, or against Syracuse, or against Charlotte. Hell, Chase Brice played the entire 4th quarter against Texas A&M. The only time the starters have even seen a 4th quarter this year was against UNC. You realize he sat Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne down after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter last week. Clemson has no need for style points as long as they win all the games and if they drop 1 they're out anyway. Dabo plays the long game by getting 2s, 3s, and 4s in game action as much as possible which is one of the reasons Clemson looks so fresh at the end of the year when they beat the mighty SEC teams such as Alabama who love to bludgeon everyone every week but rarely take any starters out and have no experienced depth. It's not Dabo's fault if your team or any other team can't stop the backups in the 2nd half. Clemson's going to run their offense because the backups need the reps and if they score too bad.

The classic Clemson “nice way” to sneak in a condescending post. Well done.

The classic Clemson “nice way” to sneak in a condescending post. Well done.

The next time we’re on a 21 game winning streak, we will be just as obnoxious, I’m sure!

The truth of what he’s saying is undeniable ... at this point, as long as Clemson keeps winning they are going to be in the top 4 at season’s end.

Now, were they to stumble once here in the next few games, they would need to resort to blowing other teams out to get back into the top 4. But at this point, as the defending national champions and still undefeated this year, they simply have to keep winning. No one loss team will be ranked ahead of an undefeated Clemson at the end of 13 games.

Last edited:
The next time we’re on a 21 game winning streak, we will be just as obnoxious, I’m sure!

The truth of what he’s saying is undeniable ... at this point, as long as Clemson keeps winning they are going to be in the top 4 at season’s end.

Now, were they to stumble once here in the next few games, they would need to resort to blowing other teams out to get back into the top 4. But at this point, as the defending national champions and still undefeated this year, they simply have to keep winning. No one loss team will be ranked ahead of an undefeated Clemson at the end of 13 games.

I’m really surprised that there are people out there that think Clemson wouldn’t make the playoffs if they win out. They would most likely still make it if they win the ACC even with one loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT