ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson has lost last 4 of 5 at home as underdog.

Watched ESPN this morning. 3 of 4 talking heads picked Clemson by 3. The other guy said 35-32 but would not reveal his winner. Sure hoping the Cards play well and shut up the naysayers.

Reactions: tkdcoach
the line has moved 6 points!?!? Do you have any idea how much money it takes to move the line that much? Big money going toward the Cards, talking millions of $$...and I happen to agree. We've outperformed the line in every game. If you are inclined to bet, take the points. This line will likely move more in the next couple days, I'd think a lot more money is going to be coming in the next couple days.

Deener's professional gambling buddy, Brandon Lang, called U of L "extreme value" on Monday at +2. It's probably some of his clients' money...

I would rather the line go the other way. Heavy $$ being bet on the Ville. I have a friend that is in the booking business. His 2 rules are never bet with your heart, and always bet the opposition of what the public is doing. Louisville could still win but not cover. Sure hope this is one of the rare occasions were the public wins.

Betting lines always confuse me. I guess that's why I don't bet on sporting events other than the Derby which is just a family tradition.

Since Clemson is 35-2 at home over the last 5 1/2 years I guess we're going way back with the 4 of 5 lost in a row as a home dog.

I like the respect we are getting but I'm not sure how relevant the thread title is now.

Going out on a limb here, but I would guess that underdogs - home or away - tend to lose a lot more games than they win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT