ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fan here

Think Boulware could keep from choking Lamar again? Think you could leave the chain gang and the refs home this time?

I've kept quiet up until this point, but it's really burning at me. All the uncalled grabs in the second qtr set me off (and got under the Cards skin too). Boulwares choke of Jackson was beyond low class. If Dabo has any class at all, he'll sit Boulware for half a game because he deserved it even though it wasn't called. The location of the down marker at the end of the game was just the icing on the cake.

Hell, the SEC would be proud of that home cooking.

Think Boulware could keep from choking Lamar again? Think you could leave the chain gang and the refs home this time?

I've kept quiet up until this point, but it's really burning at me. All the uncalled grabs in the second qtr set me off (and got under the Cards skin too). Boulwares choke of Jackson was beyond low class. If Dabo has any class at all, he'll sit Boulware for half a game because he deserved it even though it wasn't called. The location of the down marker at the end of the game was just the icing on the cake.

Can we just STOP already!! I am completely SICK of Louisville fans bashing Clemson fans that come here to talk civilly about the game. Their fans had no more control of that game than we did. What's done is done, so let's freaking MOVE ON already! We look like the biggest bunch of cry babies right now. Act like we've been there before. We lost. Get over it. UGH!!!

I just wanted to say,Let's do it again. Hope you guys make it in the playoffs,I think Lamar and DW want another shot at each other,and I think our conf is ready for the big time.Good luck..
Thanks for stopping by, and yes, we put on a GREAT show for the nation, and the TV ratings bear this out. And now we have three teams in the Top 10 and six in the Top 25. Things are certainly looking up for the ACC. Good luck to you guys and maybe we can meet down the road. ;)

I don't think it was intentionally dirty. A bad look and unfortunate, but not dirty. Boulware was helping Louisville players up all night. It happened and Lamar isn't a mind reader so I don't blame Lamar (a guy who never gets mad) for being pissed. His teammates are goign to back up Lamar, absolutely. Boulware in an interview said after the game he wasn't sure if Lamar was down, and actually apologized if interpreted as dirty. Given all of this, I have no reason to not believe the guy.

Can we just STOP already!! I am completely SICK of Louisville fans bashing Clemson fans that come here to talk civilly about the game. Their fans had no more control of that game than we did. What's done is done, so let's freaking MOVE ON already! We look like the biggest bunch of cry babies right now. Act like we've been there before. We lost. Get over it. UGH!!!

Stop already? As I said in my opening sentence, only time I've mentioned it, and probably the last. Just still feeling burned by some home cooking, dirty play, bad refs and the marker at the end of the game was just icing on it all.

I know the fans had nothing to do with it, but is that supposed to take the sting away?

And if Dabo has any class, he'll do something about this one. Completely blatant, uncalled for, and uncalled.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-01-at-11.06.58-PM.png

Reactions: Deeva
I don't think it was intentionally dirty. A bad look and unfortunate, but not dirty. Boulware was helping Louisville players up all night. It happened and Lamar isn't a mind reader so I don't blame Lamar (a guy who never gets mad) for being pissed. His teammates are goign to back up Lamar, absolutely. Boulware in an interview said after the game he wasn't sure if Lamar was down, and actually apologized if interpreted as dirty. Given all of this, I have no reason to not believe the guy.

Not buying it. Even in the heat of battle, you KNOW when you have your arm wrapped around someones neck. Given Lamars reaction, he squeezed it. Maybe (probably) didn't intend to do it, but he did. See dumb personal fouls all the time when a player is caught up in the moment. This was different. He had a forearm wrap on the neck and bore down hard on it. May not have known it was Lamar, but he knew he had someone.

99% of personal fouls aren't intentional, they're heat of the moment things. I have no doubt this was the same. Never the less, the player still gets penalized.

I just wanted to say,Let's do it again. Hope you guys make it in the playoffs,I think Lamar and DW want another shot at each other,and I think our conf is ready for the big time.Good luck..
Hope it happens. Not sure we'll get there though after seeing the Cards drop to 7th. I thought maybe we would just flip spots since you guys were 5th before the game. That would have given the Cards a shot at getting back to the top 4. Now I'm not sure the Cards have enough quality games left to get back to the top 4. The only 'quality' opponent left according to the pundits is Houston. Beating the Cougars won't be easy, and even if we do, it might not be enough without #4, #5, and #6 losing ( assuming the AP has the rankings correct).

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Stop already? As I said in my opening sentence, only time I've mentioned it, and probably the last. Just still feeling burned by some home cooking, dirty play, bad refs and the marker at the end of the game was just icing on it all.

I know the fans had nothing to do with it, but is that supposed to take the sting away?

And if Dabo has any class, he'll do something about this one. Completely blatant, uncalled for, and uncalled.

There are PLENTY of other threads to whine about the game. Why choose the one with a Clemson fan wanting to talk football? THAT is the problem I have. 99.9% of Clemson fans are great people, so let's treat them as such. No reason to be inhospitable to someone who comes in peace.

Reactions: genghis_card

You're oozing of butthurt. Was your o line called for holding one time, all game? Nope. Even though they were holding on nearly every play when it became clear they stood no chance to block Clemson's d line straight up. Not to mention numerous defensive holding calls on Clemson that were not even on the same side of the field that the play was occurring on.

Complaining about the refs is what losers do. It was a great game that I am happy to win. But Clemson can play the if this if that just as much as Louisville fans. Without Clemson's five turnovers(two of which were near the goal line) you can argue Louisville gets run out of the building.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
You're oozing of butthurt. Was your o line called for holding one time, all game? Nope. Even though they were holding on nearly every play when it became clear they stood no chance to block Clemson's d line straight up. Not to mention numerous defensive holding calls on Clemson that were not even on the same side of the field that the play was occurring on.

Complaining about the refs is what losers do. It was a great game that I am happy to win. But Clemson can play the if this if that just as much as Louisville fans. Without Clemson's five turnovers(two of which were near the goal line) you can argue Louisville gets run out of the building.
Look celebrate your win and victory and good luck the rest of the season, but you are on a Cardinal message board so don't come over here to criticize what fans want to discuss (commiserate) among other Cardinal fans. You are trying to hard to make a point which means you know you guys could have come out with a loss.

Reactions: Louisvillian

We don't have to "Do it again",it was just a suggestion..I thought it would be fun.

I'm sorry, were the turnovers called? The choke wasn't. Did the refs miss a turnover call?

You wanna talk about holds that weren't called? pfffttttt........ Even the commentators were talking about it during the second quarter. I can think of at least 5 plays where the defender had a hand full of jersey and no flag.
14502850_1784869825057994_6389118435473077617_n.jpg

Louisville has only been called for offensive holding a couple of times all year, and the main one I remember was by a wide receiver on the edge.

The reason for that is becoming pretty clear: the five guys we've got playing those positions might be the most underrated group of offensive linemen in the whole country, when you consider how explosive our offense has been all year. They are all big, athletic, experienced, and coached to play with great technique. It helps that they are blocking for Jackson, but it doesn't change the fact that they are a great unit.

You've got a great defensive line, but the reason why your defensive line did not get as much pressure as you expected is because your DL was blocked by the most talented offensive line you have faced all year - not because they were held. Hopefully, you realize that an offensive lineman can grab the jersey inside the shoulders, and it is up to the defensive lineman to use his strength and technique to disengage himself.

I'd like to thank the Clemson posters for coming by. It was a great game, and lets do it again.

Also, I apologize for the assholery from one of our fans here.

I assume you're referring to me? You can roll over and play dead if you want, then resort to name calling. I said my piece one time about the dirty play, the officiating and the fiasco at the end. I never bad mouthed a Clemson fan.

Though I'm tempted, I take the high road and won't do any name calling of you.

Strange how no ones dwelling on the fumbles, the lack of protection for LJ in the first half, poor coverage on the kick return and numerous other opportunities we had to win. And I won't get into the last play. I hate whining about refs. Play the game hell you guys sound like Calipari complaining about our physical play in BB.

Can't wait were coming and will see you then. Had a great time minus the loss.

Reactions: 1ClemsonJR

I can definitely understand why Jackson was upset. I can also understand looking at this picture why Boulware would think that Jackson was not down.

There is one other aspect to this play that I have not seen brought up. As the tackle was unfolding, a UL lineman blocked Clemson's Christian Wilkins (#42). (He is upside down in the picture.) Wilkins rolled over the pile, and the whole pile looked like a bunch of bales of hay tipping over. As that happened, Boulware would have just felt 300+ pounds landing on him and Jackson would have felt someone pulling on his neck as they all rolled over. Just a thought.

Hope it happens. Not sure we'll get there though after seeing the Cards drop to 7th. I thought maybe we would just flip spots since you guys were 5th before the game. That would have given the Cards a shot at getting back to the top 4. Now I'm not sure the Cards have enough quality games left to get back to the top 4. The only 'quality' opponent left according to the pundits is Houston. Beating the Cougars won't be easy, and even if we do, it might not be enough without #4, #5, and #6 losing ( assuming the AP has the rankings correct).
Clemson Fan here, I absolutely see a way of you guys getting back in. I actually see a way of you leapfrogging us. Ohio State and Michigan still have to play. Bama still has TAM, Tenn and LSU, and who knows Washington. We lose to FSU and stumble against Miami in championship game? Lots of Football left. Also, what's up with these damn Friday night games? We got one this week, you guys next week.

Reactions: Cue Card
I dont see Miami beating you. If Richt does what I think he will, Miami will be a player in a year or two, but they're not there yet.

Clemson is top shelf, not just in the ACC, but Nationally. I know I went off earlier, but it wasn't an insult to Clemson (other than Boulwares choke that should have drawn a flag). It was because we got caught in a game with bad refs. Blown calls on both sides and we came out on the short end.

Win out, and win the whole damn thing this time. You're better than Bama. Of the undefeateds, OSU is the only one in your class.

Clemson Fan here, I absolutely see a way of you guys getting back in. I actually see a way of you leapfrogging us. Ohio State and Michigan still have to play. Bama still has TAM, Tenn and LSU, and who knows Washington. We lose to FSU and stumble against Miami in championship game? Lots of Football left. Also, what's up with these damn Friday night games? We got one this week, you guys next week.
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes there is a ton of football left to play, so all the Cards can do is keep winning. We'll see what shakes out.

About the Friday night games, IDK is all I can say. I don't like the Friday night games because it screws with the High School football games that the wife and I enjoy going to.

Reactions: Lotjtigerphan
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes there is a ton of football left to play, so all the Cards can do is keep winning. We'll see what shakes out.

About the Friday night games, IDK is all I can say. I don't like the Friday night games because it screws with the High School football games that the wife and I enjoy going to.

I think its more than just kind words,ESPN is pumping LJ as much in defeat as in victory.If you think ESPN doesn't have an incredible influence on the selection process you are being gullible.You beat Houston and you are in,I would argue you have an easier path than CU.We still got to beat FSU late,(loss late puts us out)plus another trip to play probably Miami (who knows how good they are) or UNC that always plays great late.How ironic would it be if yal get in and we don't.lol

Welcome to the ACC. This is the worst officia
I dont see Miami beating you. If Richt does what I think he will, Miami will be a player in a year or two, but they're not there yet.

Clemson is top shelf, not just in the ACC, but Nationally. I know I went off earlier, but it wasn't an insult to Clemson (other than Boulwares choke that should have drawn a flag). It was because we got caught in a game with bad refs. Blown calls on both sides and we came out on the short end.

Win out, and win the whole damn thing this time. You're better than Bama. Of the undefeateds, OSU is the only one in your class.

Welcome to the ACC - the worst officiated conference in America.

Strange how no ones dwelling on the fumbles, the lack of protection for LJ in the first half, poor coverage on the kick return and numerous other opportunities we had to win. And I won't get into the last play. I hate whining about refs. Play the game hell you guys sound like Calipari complaining about our physical play in BB.

This x1000000

Thanks for the comments! Clemson has a great team and I along with most UL fans wish them well. I don't like the sour grapes from some of our fans but they're definitely a small minority

Reactions: 1ClemsonJR

come on the refs didn't cost you the game. Your guys held all night long. Our wr's fault off holds every play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT