ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson/BC

smoore45

One-Star Poster
Aug 8, 2001
Game is just half over but this is definitely not the same Clemson team we faced last week. Besides 3 big plays Clemson has looked very average on offense. There is no doubt in my mind if we play on a neutral field or home we win by at least 2 touchdowns. No question home field advantage was huge for Clemson. As our team grows I expect Papa Johns will become just as intimidating for opposing teams to come in and play.

FIlling in that north end zone will really help keep the sound in.

BC, like Wake Forest, really plays great defense. Both of those games have the potential to be ugly, uncomfortable games. That's what I am seeing in this BC-Clemson game.

FIlling in that north end zone will really help keep the sound in.

BC, like Wake Forest, really plays great defense. Both of those games have the potential to be ugly, uncomfortable games. That's what I am seeing in this BC-Clemson game.
Well, I just don't see it. Lamar will run and pass all over the Eagles and Demon Deacons. Va. Tech beat BC 49-0. I'm assuming it wasn't all special teams and turnovers that led to all those points.

Halfway through the 3rd qrt, Clemson has 330 yards and 4 TD's. BC's defense again is over hyped due to a weak schedule. The Cards will have over 500 yards against this team.

Agree. BC is not very good. Actually I will be very disappointed if we don't have over 500 yards. Also, I expect defense will have at least 2 pics and 5-6 sacks. Towels is not very good and BC's o-line is horrible. Almost feel sorry for him. He has no time in pocket.

Game is just half over but this is definitely not the same Clemson team we faced last week. Besides 3 big plays Clemson has looked very average on offense. There is no doubt in my mind if we play on a neutral field or home we win by at least 2 touchdowns. No question home field advantage was huge for Clemson. As our team grows I expect Papa Johns will become just as intimidating for opposing teams to come in and play.

Lol. Last week, the Cards was a lock for a 3 score win at Clemson. I feel like our odds are getting better, if we are only gonna lose by 2 scores on a neutral field.

Don't be a fanatic and lose perspective playing a game in your thoughts and dreams..

Not sure who JT4clemson is guys. Never have seen him post on west zone. Clemson usually plays well enough to win whomever they play. Had close games against poor teams last year. We will be much better by the end of the year. Happens every year we lose so many early to the NFL. We'll see you in the championship game hopefully although the pundits have us loosing to the OSU.

Last edited:
Im sick of seeing this horseshit...you had your shot and got your ass beat with US giving you 5 turnovers...We played our C game and you played your A game and it should have been a blowout...Louisville gotta a lot of growing up to do if you think you are on the same level as Clemson.. We played at your house last year on 5 days rest on a Thursday night and you still got beat

And next year guess what...we will beat your asses again...give me a break Louiville aint in the bigboys yet
We played our "A" game? Not even close. Yes you won and you should be proud of that. Go back and watch all of the no-calls of holding against our receivers and maybe it's a different game. Not a Clemson hater but guys like you need to lighten up. The team you put on the field tonight was average at best against a very bad BC team. Also, if you bother to listen to national talking heads we gained more respect in loss than you did in win. Maybe you need to get over your insecurities of coming to our message boards to see if we are talking about your team and realize as good as Clemson is Louisville is right there with you.

Not sure who JT4clemson is guys. Never have seen him post on west zone. Clemson usually plays well enough to win whomever they play. Had close games against poor teams last year. We will be much better by the end of the year. Happens every year we loose so many early to the NFL. We'll see you in the championship game hopefully although the pundits have us loosing to the OSU.
If you guys are playing against OSU in championship I will have a Clemson hat on cheering for you. Good luck the rest of the year.

Hopefully we will be in championship game. :)

This back and forth is crazy. Both schools have great teams and I hope each runs the table to the playoffs. Louisville gives me another ACC team to cheer( which makes only 2 for me) specifically because of the interaction I have had tailgating with you the last 3 games. Great people and great athletic program.

Well, I just don't see it. Lamar will run and pass all over the Eagles and Demon Deacons. Va. Tech beat BC 49-0. I'm assuming it wasn't all special teams and turnovers that led to all those points.

What I mean by ugly is that, when the BC defense is fresh to start the game, they are a hard-hitting, physical, technically sound team. This means that during the first half of the game it will be competitive, and it will be difficult to attack BC straight on in the middle of the field with the run.

They certainly do not have the speed to match up with a lot of teams in the ACC, including us, so if we hit the deep throws and get to the edge against them without committing turnovers, we will take a lead into the half (not unlike the 21-3 lead Clemson had last night). If we miss on the deep throws and struggle to get the edge without holding, then it will be uncomfortably close.

The BC offense is so pedestrian that the only weapon on that side of the ball seems to be to use 40 seconds every play, so that BC wins the time of possession.

Last edited:
We played our "A" game? Not even close. Yes you won and you should be proud of that. Go back and watch all of the no-calls of holding against our receivers and maybe it's a different game. Not a Clemson hater but guys like you need to lighten up. The team you put on the field tonight was average at best against a very bad BC team. Also, if you bother to listen to national talking heads we gained more respect in loss than you did in win. Maybe you need to get over your insecurities of coming to our message boards to see if we are talking about your team and realize as good as Clemson is Louisville is right there with you.

Yes, I would think that when playing our "A" game, our 5-star senior wide receiver does not have a brain fart and run out of bounds after 11 yards on 4th and 12 from the Clemson 14!

I think this poster has been spot on pretty much the entire season so far, so I'm running with his points of view until he's proven wrong.

I agree with some of the poster above on the officiating. There were some INSANE no calls on Clemson's DBs (and a couple on UofL DBs as well). I'd also like to submit that there were a TON of no calls on UofLs OL for holding. In a well officiated game, who knows what would have happened b/c all opinions devolve into couldda whoulda shoulda argument.
I will say that could be the worst officiated game I've seen...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT