ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy

You're also welcome to cue forward to post #49 in this thread and participate.

How is it that Heird gets credit for not doing something that no one else anywhere in his right mind would have done at the same time?

So we're at a point where Heird gets credit for NOT being an idiot?

That's a damn low bar if a bar exists at all...
I’ll be happy to give you credit for not being an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Ask a nonsensical and trivial question and chances are, those will be the characteristics of the answers you receive.

Satterfield is gone - Brohm is here (7-1 and ranked #15) and it all happened under Heird’s watch. Whether or not you give him credit for those events are in the grand scheme of things - about as inconsequential as it gets.
When evaluating people doing their jobs, two key questions are (1) was it within their control, and (2) was there a direct cause-and-effect. Can't connect those dots between Heird, Satterfield, and Brohm...

Agreed. Like when Crum "retired" and UofL basketball was lucky RP became available and was actively seeking to return to college basketball. The #1 option was Larry Eustachy prior to RP..

The state of KY fortunately had the thoroughbred industry and RP's previous time in the state to push us to the finish line for that hire, and we didn't default to Eustachey, who at that time would have been considered a decent enough hire himself, but probably not have the same success as RP.

I think there's good fortune involved in all of it really. If an AD is around long enough there will be instances of good and bad luck under their watch.
Hiring Pitino wasn't quite as easy as you describe. Jurich may have made it look that way...

• Love
Reactions: Morgantown Card
When evaluating people doing their jobs, two key questions are (1) was it within their control, and (2) was there a direct cause-and-effect. Can't connect those dots between Heird, Satterfield, and Brohm...
When evaluating people who are evaluating people doing their jobs, two key questions are (1) are they close enough to a situation to comment intelligently, and (2) is there an agenda that would cause them to not look at a situation objectively. Can definitely connect those dots between you and your subjective analysis.

Reactions: HiStepper
A fair amount in certain areas as evidenced by the renewed excitement that is accompanying a 7-1 record and #15 ranking in FB.
You already gave Heird credit for Brohm. Name another since he brings so much good luck his way as a top performer...

Round and round we go. We all agree Jurich had a vision to get Louisville in a power conference he sold that vision. Here we are.

Now what? It is a different mission. Is it to get in the SEC or Big Ten? I think the biggest challenge is NIL. Too early to tell how the administration is truly doing in that regard.

We all know the basketball program is a problem that is going to have to be addressed. The speed of which it is addressed is totally dependent on Payne and staff.

Those two things will determine the AD’s future.

I supported every coach while they were here except Cooper and Kragthorpe in their last 2 seasons respectively. I even supported Bobby till the end.

Satterfield is OK. Plain vanilla. Highly predictable.

But as for Cincinnati I always root against them.
I threw up a little in my mouth once I remembered Ron Cooper, but he did bring and keep Redman back to the ville after committing to Illinois and OK

Reactions: rh62531
I think the retention of good coaches deserves recognition. Jeff Walz, Dan McDonnald, Dani Busboom Kelly.
It's early, and they weren't going anywhere you know of.

Not to mention, Heird's seen as an improvement--at least by Walz--compared to the doofus who preceded him...

This smells like one of your trips around the mulberry bush where I say something / anything and you disagree for the sake of being disagreeable.

Thanks for the offer but, I’m going to politely decline.
I wasn't the guy resting on the premise of good luck following good performance. Just asking for examples in this instance...

They love their job, they are good enough to do that job anywhere. The chose to stay. Yes, all of them have had opportunities since Jurich left. They stayed.

The reality is the athletic department actual on field performance is good except in its most important sport. That matters and that has to be fixed. At this moment it has been a terrible hire. It is a fair to be critical. All this other whining is stupid.

It's early, and they weren't going anywhere you know of.

Not to mention, Heird's seen as an improvement--at least by Walz--compared to the doofus who preceded him...
Wait, I thought Walz had one foot out the door. After all he’s hired an agent, right? Wasn’t CDM about to bolt because he didn’t get the facility improvements he wanted? You were banging on about this a while back, and now they weren’t going anywhere.

UofL finished the 2023-24 campaign with 13 different sport programs ranked in the top 25 at one point during their seasons, with seven programs ranking in the top 10 at some of its respective seasons.
Louisville’s 3.28 overall department grade point average was the highest in the program’s history. UofL’s 92% Graduation Success Rate is also tied for the highest in program history. The Cardinals have achieved 25 consecutive semesters with a department GPA of 3.0 or higher.

UofL finished the 2023-24 campaign with 13 different sport programs ranked in the top 25 at one point during their seasons, with seven programs ranking in the top 10 at some of its respective seasons.
Louisville’s 3.28 overall department grade point average was the highest in the program’s history. UofL’s 92% Graduation Success Rate is also tied for the highest in program history. The Cardinals have achieved 25 consecutive semesters with a department GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Did you mean 2023-24?

More from 2022-2023 in review.
Louisville finished 32nd in the nation in the Learfield Directors’ Cup standings, the 13th consecutive season that the Cardinals have finished among the top 40 teams in the country. The Cardinals’ women’s sports programs ranked 12th in the nation in the Capital One Cup standings.

Wait, I thought Walz had one foot out the door. After all he’s hired an agent, right? Wasn’t CDM about to bolt because he didn’t get the facility improvements he wanted? You were banging on about this a while back, and now they weren’t going anywhere.
All that demonstrates is how much they want to stay in Louisville.

Due to Josh Heird? LOL...

More from 2022-2023 in review.
Louisville finished 32nd in the nation in the Learfield Directors’ Cup standings, the 13th consecutive season that the Cardinals have finished among the top 40 teams in the country. The Cardinals’ women’s sports programs ranked 12th in the nation in the Capital One Cup standings.
Odd how that manifests itself in consistent financial problems.

Win and they will come...

Odd how that manifests itself in consistent financial problems.

Win and they will come...
Many sports at Louisville have successful seasons/programs inspite of the financial problems. The university having a lower net position does not mean that the sports teams are not getting the financial aid to continue to be successful.

Last edited:
Many sports at Louisville have successful seasons/programs inspite of the financial problems. The university having a lower net position does not mean that the sports teams are not getting the financial aid to continue to be successful.
Imagine what's possible with more money. There is a very strong correlation.

I've been told by too many optimists that winning will cure our money problems. It's generally the same people who think that it doesn't matter who's running athletics.

And losing money anywhere but the federal government is not a sustainable business model...

Yep - just as suspected, the ole zipper has disingenuously taken several of you for a trip around his favorite mulberry bush.

He’s not interested in answers / information - as evidenced by his rejection out of hand of the well thought out posts several of you made in response to his “question” about Heird.

His only interest is in being a contrarian.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT