ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy

That's what I have on in the background. Really not surprising to see after all
He’ll be complaining about no fans in the stands before long. Geez the Cincy fans know what their in for. They saw it unfold here.

Pitt is a much improved football team with Veilleux at QB. They lost at WF on a last minute TD yesterday; watch out for more ACC upsets by the “also-rans“

My grandson is good friends with Satterfield’s daughter at GCU; very nice family. and I too wish him well at UC.

I don’t hate the guy - I mean with the exception of 30’s grandson, none of us know him personally. I do know someone who did business (outside of the university) with him and, he said that Satterfield was a jackass.

All of that said, I do not wish him well and am at best - ambivalent to him moving forward. I wished Petrino 1.0 well when he went to the Falcons and, wished Strong well when he went to Texas. They were guys who elevated the program and moved on to far bigger jobs which is completely understandable.

Sunbelt Scotty? IMO, he took the UofL job under false pretenses as he never had any intention of creating anything lasting here, he was simply using UofL to get into the P5. He thought he could coach here a few years and then parlay that into the UNC job when Mack retired.

For that - it doesn’t bother me a bit to see him get his ass kicked on the reg.

I don’t hate the guy - I mean with the exception of 30’s grandson, none of us know him personally. I do know someone who did business (outside of the university) with him and, he said that Satterfield was a jackass.

All of that said, I do not wish him well and am at best - ambivalent to him moving forward. I wished Petrino 1.0 well when he went to the Falcons and, wished Strong well when he went to Texas. They were guys who elevated the program and moved on to far bigger jobs which is completely understandable.

Sunbelt Scotty? IMO, he took the UofL job under false pretenses as he never had any intention of creating anything lasting here, he was simply using UofL to get into the P5. He thought he could coach here a few years and then parlay that into the UNC job when Mack retired.

For that - it doesn’t bother me a bit to see him get his ass kicked on the reg.

Exactly. He hired Jimmy Sexton shortly before coming to Louisville. He was going for the bag and then a way out of Dodge once he got paid. And that’s all fine and good but don’t expect me to have some emotional connection to him.

I supported every coach while they were here except Cooper and Kragthorpe in their last 2 seasons respectively. I even supported Bobby till the end.

Satterfield is OK. Plain vanilla. Highly predictable.

But as for Cincinnati I always root against them.

It is interesting how much heat he took and continues to take over being just like every coach Louisville has hired. They all left, but some reason he is viewed differently. Almost like he was the reason they didn’t hire Brohm. A bunch of people disliked him that continues to be clear.

Doesn’t matter it worked out for both him and Louisville

He is taking more heat because he tried to leave after the first year, and that is not what every other UofL coach has done. He also got humiliated by UK every year, and I don't think that's on par with all the other UofL coaches either.

So no he isn't really just like all the others, not much at all really.

They are all mercenaries though yeah.

I watch his Cincy postgame pressers just for sh*ts and giggles. It's the same Satterfield shtick.

It still amazes me that Cincy paid us $3 million for a coach we didn't want.

• Haha
Reactions: Smithereen
I didn't hate him like some, but no one HERE wanted him. U of L did...
Incorrect. If UofL really “wanted” him, he would have gotten the raise that he asked for or, at the very least, the contract extension he wanted.

By doing neither, Heird showed sunbelt scotty exactly how much he wasn’t in their future plans and satterfield got the hint and took his “talents” to cincinasti.

Well done Josh! 😀

Heird played the situation perfectly. Perhaps he was lucky as sh!t but it was played perfectly. I’m sure you are happy it worked out so well.
You're also welcome to cue forward to post #49 in this thread and participate.

How is it that Heird gets credit for not doing something that no one else anywhere in his right mind would have done at the same time?

So we're at a point where Heird gets credit for NOT being an idiot?

That's a damn low bar if a bar exists at all...

How is it that Heird gets credit for not doing something that no one else anywhere in his right mind would have done at the same time?

He played the situation perfectly. Results matter. Him hiring Payne was also mostly a no-brainer given the fan support to hire Payne. He will suffer the slings and arrows for that decision.

Reactions: BPGhost

“No one else in their right mind” because you say so? Perhaps you need to put down your protractor and take a look around the college sports landscape when it comes to football coaches and their deals.

Like it or not, it’s a keep up with the Jones’s atmosphere. Heird’s actions towards satterfield was definitely not business as usual. You need to look no further than satterfield’s response for confirmation. He saw the writing on the wall and hit the reset button with UC before he got canned.

“No one else in their right mind” because you say so?...
Well, find me another person--anyone--who wanted to give Satterfield even the slightest bump in his U of L contract last year.

We know that person is less qualified to be an AD than Heird...

Well, find me another person--anyone--who wanted to give Satterfield even the slightest bump in his U of L contract last year.

We know that person is less qualified to be an AD than Heird...
1. His agent.
2. His wife
3. All of his family members.
4. His assistant coaches.

I would agree that none of those people are as qualified to be UofL’s AD as Josh Heird.

Ironically though, all of them are equally unqualified as you for that same position.

Reactions: rh62531
1. His agent.
2. His wife
3. All of his family members.
4. His assistant coaches.
Those are trivial answers which confirms my position.

No one without connections to Satterfield wanted him to feel warm and fuzzy about being here. I'm not commending Heird for doing the obvious...

Those are trivial answers which confirms my position.

No one without connections to Satterfield wanted him to feel warm and fuzzy about being here. I'm not commending Heird for doing the obvious...
Ask a nonsensical and trivial question and chances are, those will be the characteristics of the answers you receive.

Satterfield is gone - Brohm is here (7-1 and ranked #15) and it all happened under Heird’s watch. Whether or not you give him credit for those events are in the grand scheme of things - about as inconsequential as it gets.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Agreed. Like when Crum "retired" and UofL basketball was lucky RP became available and was actively seeking to return to college basketball. The #1 option was Larry Eustachy prior to RP..

The state of KY fortunately had the thoroughbred industry and RP's previous time in the state to push us to the finish line for that hire, and we didn't default to Eustachey, who at that time would have been considered a decent enough hire himself, but probably not have the same success as RP.

I think there's good fortune involved in all of it really. If an AD is around long enough there will be instances of good and bad luck under their watch.

He played the situation perfectly. Results matter. Him hiring Payne was also mostly a no-brainer given the fan support to hire Payne. He will suffer the slings and arrows for that decision.
I felt there was too much pressure from outside sources on Heird to hire Payne. How would Heird look by not giving Payne, former player and NCAA champion, a chance to coach his alma mater. Whether he survives his contract or changes the trajectory he's currently headed is to be determined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT