ADVERTISEMENT

Choke hold by #10 on Lamar?

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Was that not reviewable? Why? Because of no flag? If it had been reviewed I would think he would have been ejected. He can claim what he wants in the post-game, it was a super dirty play.

Never said it cost us anything. I was hoping someone with knowledge of the rules could tell me why the play was not reviewed by the officials.

Because on video it just looks like he has him around the neck, which is not a penalty and only Lamar knows how much pressure he was putting on. Unfortunately LJ did lose some of his composure but who wouldn't.

Because on video it just looks like he has him around the neck, which is not a penalty and only Lamar knows how much pressure he was putting on. Unfortunately LJ did lose some of his composure but who wouldn't.

It part of the growing process...get our heads back...the season isn't over...win out and see how it plays out.

I agree, it was uncalled for. I will say that to me, Lamar was reacting more to being bent backwards more than a "choke". The game was chippy in the first half but it was cleaned up in the second.

Reactions: tkdcoach
The game was chippy in the first half but it was cleaned up in the second.
Chippy is an understatement. I can't be sure but I have a feeling the refs went to each locker room at the half and told the teams to clean it up or else.

It was a hard fought game and I won't make any excuses. The Cardinals could have just quit after going down by 18 at the half, but they showed their grit in the second half which is what I wanted to see.

Losing always sucks but this one doesn't hurt as bad just because it was Clemson in Death Valley. We'll be fine. Lots of areas to still improve and the schedule sets up nicely to get back on another winning streak.

Go CARDS!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
If you go back and watch Boulware (10), he was helping Cards up and patting their backs during most of the game. He is not a dirty player and during that point of the game, you guys were breaking many first contact hits and he was just trying to keep LJ from gaining more yards. It was in the moment and he probably didn't hear the whistle blow. No harm, no foul at the end of the day.

Reactions: Taterville
Not a dirty player. Actually a super nice guy. He's like a keuchly. On the field, he's another person. Exactly how you want your MLB. Just a little love squeeze.

Not a dirty player. Actually a super nice guy. He's like a keuchly. On the field, he's another person. Exactly how you want your MLB. Just a little love squeeze.
Off the field he very well could be a nice guy. But at the end of that play, he was a POS. Anyone that has played enough to be the starting MLB at a power conference school, knows when the play is over. He proved he is a POS at the end of that PARTICAL play.

I don't know if he was being dirty,but it was unnecessary roughness for sure.Would've been 1st and goal inside the 5.With our struggles in the red zone last night,it might not have mattered.I'm just amazed nobody saw it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT