ADVERTISEMENT

Celebirty Picker is Finalized

Sorry, I love DC but we are trying to improve our football image. Having a basketball coach on the show doesn't really help us
Has nothing to do with football or basketball. He's a recognizable face of U of L who's suffered a mild stroke. He is from what I am told, a very, very knowledgeable football guy. I think it would pump up the fans to see him if he is healthy, more than the likes of a JL.

But the lines cross all the time. The most famous man in the world of the latter part 20th Century - and quite possibly of the Century - had no beef with crossing the lines. You know, the guy from Louisville. I listen to everyone when it is in front of me, That is the remarkable thing about freedom of speech. We get nuggets of wisdom from all sorts of sources.
Yep and Ali used to drive my Dad nuts. LOL. I never really paid much attention to his rants or social stances. I loved watching him box though. The greatest of all time.

Reactions: PHCARD
LOL, and no one bats an eye when Pat Robertson or Jimmy Bakker says Gay People caused Hurricane Katrina. Hell, they send money instead. But let a Hollywoodder say something remotely similar and suddenly it's a massive self-righteous boycott of her art......at which she happens to be splendid and a historically-rated craftsperson, much like Lamar in football. People are frigging stupid is what is wrong, lol. You can't fix idiocy. It just shows up and thinks it belongs.

I certainly didn't bat an eye at any of the aforementioned idiotic statements. I rolled them all three times. But no batting.

One interesting option (not having a clue about his current commitments) would be Brendan McKay. He is not a household name nationally but since ESPN is billing the game in part as one with the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, and UL is the only school other than Oklahoma State to have the HT and baseball Player of the Year at the same time it makes some sense.

Won't happen. But just throwing it out there.

It's not that Lawrence has to talk or be a conservative. No one expects that. What people do expect is for her not to be a loon blaming hurricanes on the American people voting Trump in as President.

If she was being serious, she called out millions of citizens who she believes are to blame for the natural disasters. If she wasn't serious then she was pandering to the anti-Trump faction. Regardless, her comments were idiotic and she might as well join Susan Sarandon and other Hollywood elite who think they're so loved they can say anything.

So I'm sure ESPN who would agree with her, would love to get her for gameday. It's not the city of Louisville that's being promoted, it's the University of Louisville football program. Let her make movies and leave the sports to people in sports.
Mt thoughts exactly. No way do we want her,

I certainly didn't bat an eye at any of the aforementioned idiotic statements. I rolled them all three times. But no batting.

One interesting option (not having a clue about his current commitments) would be Brendan McKay. He is not a household name nationally but since ESPN is billing the game in part as one with the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, and UL is the only school other than Oklahoma State to have the HT and baseball Player of the Year at the same time it makes some sense.

Won't happen. But just throwing it out there.

Imagine Deng Adel winning the Wooden Award, lol. Stranger things have happened.

As a Viet Nam Era vet, trust me, he spoke to a lot of us.
I appreciate your service Senore2006. I was a little young so I missed that war. It was over when I turned 16. I joined the Army late in life and served 8 years myself. Best 8 years of my life too in spite of the wars going on. Found my wife. Got some education. Learned different view points and cultures; and frankly that experience was more valuable than the sheepskin. Most of us don't understand how great this country really is until we set foot in one that doesn't have our way of life available to its citizens. We really are blessed as Americans. Sometimes that gets lost in all the craziness.

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
Sorry, gocds, I generally agree with you but not in this case. When she first broke through in the entertainment field I ask my wife, "how long will it take Hollywood to corrupt her?" It did not take long. She is NOT a good ambassador for U of L and she is not at the top of her game. Her past few movies have been duds. She needs to shut up and act. Each time she opens her mouth she proves she is not the sharpest pencil in the box. I does not take high IQ to memorize lines or strip nude for a movie.

I appreciate your service Senore2006. I was a little young so I missed that war. It was over when I turned 16. I joined the Army late in life and served 8 years myself. Best 8 years of my life too in spite of the wars going on. Found my wife. Got some education. Learned different view points and cultures; and frankly that experience was more valuable than the sheepskin. Most of us don't understand how great this country really is until we set foot in one that doesn't have our way of life available to its citizens. We really are blessed as Americans. Sometimes that gets lost in all the craziness.

LOL, 8 years - dam. I was drafted - reluctantly as all Hell. But, funny enough, it was an incredibly valuable experience. I would never have been able to catch a Jimi Hendrix concert in Boston Gardens without being posted in Ft. Devens. ;-) :D LOL, I came home from Korea with a gal who was in the Peace Corps there - learned much language from her and toured the entire country, visiting temples, speaking with Buddhist monks about religion and, one notable time, "riding" racehorses who were from a track closed in Seoul on a ride that bucked me off, hanging on by a thread in front of laughing friends as I struggled to keep the idiot horse from bouncing right into the only highway in Korea. Good and crazy times, including the discovery of mary ju-wanna. Hilariously, they have had it around for centuries, calling it "Country Tobacco." Good times.

Sorry, gocds, I generally agree with you but not in this case. When she first broke through in the entertainment field I ask my wife, "how long will it take Hollywood to corrupt her?" It did not take long. She is NOT a good ambassador for U of L and she is not at the top of her game. Her past few movies have been duds. She needs to shut up and act. Each time she opens her mouth she proves she is not the sharpest pencil in the box. I does not take high IQ to memorize lines or strip nude for a movie.

LOL, 'Mother' is considered the biggest movie of the year. Opening yesterday.

LOL, 'Mother' is considered the biggest movie of the year. Opening yesterday.
Not an argument, but a question.

How can it be considered the biggest if it didn't come out until yesterday?

Critiics?

And great story about your Service years!!!!

frankly that experience was more valuable than the sheepskin.
OT here but:

Sitting in a US History class as a college Fr, the professor went OT one day and rambled.

He said: "You men in this class; we can't teach you anything you really need to know. You should head to the coast, and get jobs on freighters traveling the world. That's where you will receive an education like you will never get in school"

I remember that more than anything he ever said in class. Of course I didn't, and today kind of regret it. I've done ok and can't complain.
but what could have been.......... ? ;)

OT here but:

Sitting in a US History class as a college Fr, the professor went OT one day and rambled.

He said: "You men in this class; we can't teach you anything you really need to know. You should head to the coast, and get jobs on freighters traveling the world. That's where you will receive an education like you will never get in school"

I remember that more than anything he ever said in class. Of course I didn't, and today kind of regret it. I've done ok and can't complain.
but what could have been.......... ? ;)
It's all about perspective IMO. Going to other countries and meeting people from around the world really opened my eyes to just how special the United States of America is. I love this country; warts and all because deep in my heart I know how special this country really is. I know we have issues. I know we have problems. I know we have a certain percentage of people who live in the USA who hate it, but all they have to do is go live in a 3rd world country for a little while. They'll understand what they really have and what they're trying to throw away.

Go CARDS!!!

Gdayut we'll just have to agree to disagree. GO CARDS!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Wonder if noted UofL basher Rece Davis will bring up the NCAA issues? The Bear has set the odds at 2-1.

Coach Pitino ?!

*sigh*

6358463267296001631948925956_tumblr_mbtd0mByFb1qmzfpgo1_500.png

According to Rece Davis, GAMEDAY selects the celebrity picker.

Should have been Teddy5, or Coach Schnellenberger or Jennifer Lawrence.

Can't disagree. If they were going to go for a basketball coach, then it should have been coach Crum. I'm not a Pitino basher, but I'm not a big fan of his either. He's just our basketball coach in my mind.

Teddy is a football legend. Coach Schnellenberger is a football coaching legend. Jennifer Lawrence is a terrific actress who supports UofL but she didn't make my top 3. I have nothing against her though and she would have been a better choice than Pitino.

I think Teddy is a Louisville Legend to our fans but because he hasn't played much in the NFL his national image is not as well known. He's lost some glimmer. Much as I like Howard and what's he done for the program, again nationally, I think sports fan associate him with the "U" and their almost dynasty.

ADVERTISEMENT