ADVERTISEMENT

Celebirty Picker is Finalized

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
ESPN's College GameDay host Reece Davis was on the Drew Deener radio show this morning and he specifically said that the picker is finalized and that the people from Louisville will like.

Any guesses? My guess is Teddy or J-Law.

What? No love for Ned Beatty? It has been publicly stated that he has a "real purdy mouth".

I hope that it is Teddy.It has been a while since I have seen him and heard his voice and seen him flash that big smile of his.Plus maybe they can put together a little highlight package for him to remind all these fake vikings fans here a reminder of how good Teddy is and how good he can be in the future.

Jennifer Lawrence is an L1C4. She has UofL in her blood from her grandfather who was a Vice President of UofL for many years. Apparently some object to a person expressing view points different from their own. No she didn't attend UofL but neither did Lalyia(sp) Ali. Yes, I'd prefer Teddy but any of those folks mentioned would be good.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Given Jackson's animus with being let go by ESPN I wouldn't expect him. Teddy would be my pick and probably the more likely...but Jennifer Lawrence would be next level also.

Jennifer Lawrence is an L1C4. She has UofL in her blood from her grandfather who was a Vice President of UofL for many years. Apparently some object to a person expressing view points different from their own. No she didn't attend UofL but neither did Lalyia(sp) Ali. Yes, I'd prefer Teddy but any of those folks mentioned would be good.

Are people really upset Jennifer Lawrence doesn't think like a conservative? Too funny. I don't believe Game Day gets a lot of "A" list talent to pick games. I mean, she's atop her field. But, she is promoting a movie, so this may be a good opportunity for her to show some hometown love while also pimping "Mother," which opens today.

It's not that Lawrence has to talk or be a conservative. No one expects that. What people do expect is for her not to be a loon blaming hurricanes on the American people voting Trump in as President.

If she was being serious, she called out millions of citizens who she believes are to blame for the natural disasters. If she wasn't serious then she was pandering to the anti-Trump faction. Regardless, her comments were idiotic and she might as well join Susan Sarandon and other Hollywood elite who think they're so loved they can say anything.

So I'm sure ESPN who would agree with her, would love to get her for gameday. It's not the city of Louisville that's being promoted, it's the University of Louisville football program. Let her make movies and leave the sports to people in sports.

Are people really upset Jennifer Lawrence doesn't think like a conservative? Too funny. I don't believe Game Day gets a lot of "A" list talent to pick games. I mean, she's atop her field. But, she is promoting a movie, so this may be a good opportunity for her to show some hometown love while also pimping "Mother," which opens today.
This is a sport. We dont need brain dead, narcissistic actresses and actors interfering in our sports. It should be an athlete or coach, simple as that.

Do they have Tom Brady handing out Grammy's? No, because that would be stupid.

I do think some people have that little brother syndrome and would love for us to have a local celebrity be the face of our athletics program, like the clowns up the road. Not me

Id rather have our star athletes and coaches that we produce hang around the program and games more often. That is just me.

I HAVE NO CLUE what Jennifer Lawrence believes as far as political views, nor do I care. How in the F did that even get put into conversation? Do you know? And if so, how? maybe stop watching TMZ and/or reading esquire if you know this type of info. I dont know, nor care what any actors beliefs are or even search them out.

Reactions: American Male
It's not that Lawrence has to talk or be a conservative. No one expects that. What people do expect is for her not to be a loon blaming hurricanes on the American people voting Trump in as President.

If she was being serious, she called out millions of citizens who she believes are to blame for the natural disasters. If she wasn't serious then she was pandering to the anti-Trump faction. Regardless, her comments were idiotic and she might as well join Susan Sarandon and other Hollywood elite who think they're so loved they can say anything.

So I'm sure ESPN who would agree with her, would love to get her for gameday. It's not the city of Louisville that's being promoted, it's the University of Louisville football program. Let her make movies and leave the sports to people in sports.

There are people out there who took her Trump/hurricane comments seriously? What a time to be alive.

This is a sport. We dont need brain dead, narcissistic actresses and actors interfering in our sports. It should be an athlete or coach, simple as that.

Do they have Tom Brady handing out Grammy's? No, because that would be stupid.

I do think some people have that little brother syndrome and would love for us to have a local celebrity be the face of our athletics program, like the clowns up the road. Not me

Id rather have our star athletes and coaches that we produce hang around the program and games more often. That is just me.

I HAVE NO CLUE what Jennifer Lawrence believes as far as political views, nor do I care. How in the F did that even get put into conversation? Do you know? And if so, how? maybe stop watching TMZ and/or reading esquire if you know this type of info. I dont know, nor care what any actors beliefs are or even search them out.

I don't think you're telling the truth here. You know why you don't like her.

Reactions: BPGhost

Just curious, have you saw her interview, or read her specific quotes, or were you told what she said by someone else (like Tucker Carlson)?

I believe she did not ever mention Mr. Trump. Also, these comments have supposedly been proven to be "fake news". But, WTH, it's not really that important enough while we have other folks like Teddy and/or Howard.

The guy's getting no mention but is the obvious pick inasmuch as he's recognizable and it takes no effort to get him there...

And even though there's been plenty of fallout lately between him and the fans, my prediction is Papa John Schnatter.

The guy's getting no mention but is the obvious pick inasmuch as he's recognizable and it takes no effort to get him there...

And even though there's been plenty of fallout lately between him and the fans, my prediction is Papa John Schnatter.

WOW and maybe Tom Jurich could be available to hit him in the face . . . With a pizza from the "Hut". :D;):):p

Could be one of the Brohm brothers. They're UofL family. Like most on here though, I really hope it's Teddy. His smile is infectious and I KNOW he would get the crowd super pumped up.

GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:
WOW and maybe Tom Jurich could be available to hit him in the face . . . With a pizza from the "Hut". :D;):):p

No doubt. But the Papa's still in good standing with the Prez and the BOT or so we believe.

Speaking of whom, I heard Postel (sp?) on the radio with Deener this week. In all of his eulogies, not one word said about Jurich. The guy's clueless...

There are people out there who took her Trump/hurricane comments seriously? What a time to be alive.
LOL, and no one bats an eye when Pat Robertson or Jimmy Bakker says Gay People caused Hurricane Katrina. Hell, they send money instead. But let a Hollywoodder say something remotely similar and suddenly it's a massive self-righteous boycott of her art......at which she happens to be splendid and a historically-rated craftsperson, much like Lamar in football. People are frigging stupid is what is wrong, lol. You can't fix idiocy. It just shows up and thinks it belongs.

LOL, and no one bats an eye when Pat Robertson or Jimmy Bakker says Gay People caused Hurricane Katrina. Hell, they send money instead. But let a Hollywoodder say something remotely similar and suddenly it's a massive self-righteous boycott of her art......at which she happens to be splendid and a historically-rated craftsperson, much like Lamar in football. People are frigging stupid is what is wrong, lol. You can't fix idiocy. It just shows up and thinks it belongs.
That's a fair point, but here is my only point (other than the one on top of my head) regarding this issue. I don't watch sports for political reasons. I don't watch movies for political reasons. If I want to be entertained by politics, I turns on CSPAN. If I want to watch a movie with a hottie like J-Lawerence starring in it, I don't think about her personal views on anything because that doesn't effect me in ANY way. I just want to enjoy her talents as an actress. Same goes for any sports athlete. I don't give a flip about how any of them feel about much of anything. Just entertain me. That's why I watch sports. How they feel about whatever means nothing to me.

Reactions: American Male
There's not enough purple hair dye in all of Louisville to make this the true outcome. :)

That's a fair point, but here is my only point (other than the one on top of my head) regarding this issue. I don't watch sports for political reasons. I don't watch movies for political reasons. If I want to be entertained by politics, I turns on CSPAN. If I want to watch a movie with a hottie like J-Lawerence starring in it, I don't think about her personal views on anything because that doesn't effect me in ANY way. I just want to enjoy her talents as an actress. Same goes for any sports athlete. I don't give a flip about how any of them feel about much of anything. Just entertain me. That's why I watch sports. How they feel about whatever means nothing to me.

But the lines cross all the time. The most famous man in the world of the latter part 20th Century - and quite possibly of the Century - had no beef with crossing the lines. You know, the guy from Louisville. I listen to everyone when it is in front of me, That is the remarkable thing about freedom of speech. We get nuggets of wisdom from all sorts of sources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT