ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB vs Tenn

Peyton did great; it was bringing in Kono and A.Smith at the same time that resulted in losing the sizable lead. Jeff knows what he is doing, I just hate to see a message that can be interpreted as relax.
Well you need to consider that Walz has employed full court pressure in this tournament so he's going to need to substitute more frequently, and Kono and Smith didn't do any harm.

Tennessee was going to make a run down 15. I don't think they looked at the Cards relaxing at anything.

We win despite a 52-36 rebounding deficit. Amazing statistic that Jeff shared during his postgame remarks was that UT had 27 offensive rebounds, but only scored 14 points off that effort. We had like 10 offensive rebounds but also converted into 12 points.

Great game Congratulations to the Lady Cards!!
Tenn size caused some problems especially Mrs Elbow's #20. Refrees let her get away with murder on the inside including popping Olivia in the eye with her elbow. Luckily she couldn't shoot well on the inside. I would have fouled out #20 by the end of the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: Deeva and putter23
Our strengths have overcome our weaknesses. Michigan will struggle once again with our half court defense. SD was a good fundamental team, but lacked the athleticism to take Michigan out of their offense.

Reactions: fredburgcard
The thing I noticed about this team is that HVL and Emily play hard the entire game and they are always looking to score and always looking to disrupt on defense. I also see Hall and K. Smith are active only part of the game. K. Smith always comes out in the 1st period knocking down shots but after the 1st period she seems to disappear. Hall is the opposite she doesn’t get offensively aggressive until the 2nd half. Both Hall and K. Smith are capable of scoring in double figures every game. The luxury we have with this team is we have so many scoring weapons that make it hard to defend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT