ADVERTISEMENT

Cards getting 6 points to ND

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Well there ya go. That daunting ND offense a TD favorite over the Cards. It's ridiculous.

Regardless of what happens in this game, no way should ND be -6 against Louisville. Almost every metric points to a 1 to 3 point spread with the home field advantage being ND's best metric.

But the illusion of ND football apparently has been inflicted on Vegas.

Tell me, who is the Irish's likely NFL offensive players? Leonard? Please. What about at WR and RB? What is it exactly that keeps people believing this a top 16 team, because results on the field apparently don't matter?

I know they have many 4 and 5 star dudes, but I ask again, what exactly about them makes its opponents fearful? Northern Illinois, the mighty MAC team who got ranked for beating ND wasn't scared. I mean ND isn't Buffalo, who took down Northern Illinois Saturday.

Yes, Louisville has played only one real team so far, but they covered the 10.5 spread in that win over GT. ND does not have the offense or QB as good as GT.

Defenders of ND will talk about the defense, but isn't the Cards defense just as strong and maybe even better? Which defense in this game will have its hands more full with the offense?

I was thinking the line should be -1.5 either way. ND has the home field advantage as well as the striped shirts advantage. They don't have the better talent advantage in my opinion.

But we'll see. The line should move down by gameday.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
6 points seems a little high. I think people see UofL isn't great against a mobile QB. The Irish have one of those. Plus, we are now down a WR, as Thompson has been ruled out for the year. The Irish have been on easy street since their home loss to NIU. Brohm knows how to beat them. I have no doubt it will be a competitive game.

A mobile QB who's a passing threat. Riley Leonard has yet to show that. I think facing Haynes King the game before really helps the Louisville defense for Leonard, who will run the ball.

Thompson being out doesn't hurt with Lacy coming back. Cards are deep at WR. Looking at this game, a low scoring affair is the way for ND. If Louisville scores a couple TD's early, ND will be in catch-up mode and that's not where they want to be.

Brohm has been pretty conservative so far with the offense in terms of creativity. I'm thinking he's going to go for some big plays early in the game to force ND to risk more on offense to keep up. That's what this Louisville defense wants.

I'm confident the Cards are the better team but that doesn't always mean much. If the game comes down to the last possession, I won't be as confident.

Reactions: Cardsfan69420
Well there ya go. That daunting ND offense a TD favorite over the Cards. It's ridiculous.

Regardless of what happens in this game, no way should ND be -6 against Louisville. Almost every metric points to a 1 to 3 point spread with the home field advantage being ND's best metric.

Tell me, who is the Irish's likely NFL offensive players? Leonard? Please. What about at WR and RB? What is it exactly that keeps people believing this a top 16 team, because results on the field apparently don't matter?

I know they have many 4 and 5 star dudes, but I ask again, what exactly about them makes its opponents fearful? Northern Illinois, the mighty MAC team who got ranked for beating ND wasn't scared. I mean ND isn't Buffalo, who took down Northern Illinois Saturday.

Yes, Louisville has played only one real team so far, but they covered the 10.5 spread in that win over GT. ND does not have the offense or QB as good as GT.

Defenders of ND will talk about the defense, but isn't the Cards defense just as strong and maybe even better? Which defense in this game will have its hands more full with the offense?

I was thinking the line should be -1.5 either way. ND has the home field advantage as well as the striped shirts advantage. They don't have the better talent advantage in my opinion.

What gives me pause about our chances is that, in our first real test against a quality defense, we were very one dimensional. Tech stoned our running game. We will need to be more efficient at running the ball this week against ND to get the W. Cannot expect to get 2 defense/special teams TDs every week.

Reactions: Mayoman
The legendary Irish home field advantage will be more than 3-4 points. Include the striped guys and it will be more like 8-10 JMHO.

Cards can afford few to zero TO's and must get the first score of the game and build on the lead by at least 3 each quarter if not 6. If it is close in the last 3-5 minutes the Rockne curse will raise its ugly head and all goes out the door.

My heart wants the Cards to go in there and take away the win...my head tells me ND can't afford to lose and they will fight, fight, fight like crazy to steal the W from the Cards. It will go down to who scores last. Got to have a lot of balls bouncing Cards way to win this one. Not too confident of that right now.

About what I expected. Also, this is what the public thinks, not "Vegas." The sports book just maintains the spread to get 50% on each side of the bet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT