ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Pride

beasleythecard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 7, 2007
louisville
We are on a collision with a championship, the only variable is time.
Howard Schnellenberger

I was a student when he uttered that. I believe it today just the same as i did when I heard him say it.

As a Cardinal fan, I remember the Cooper 1-10 year before we moved into Papa Johns, I remember the Kragthorpe debacle years, and I remember the height of the Bobby part 1 years.

We never dreamed we would be a play away from playing for the national championship, but there we were.

Thankful for Coach Strong because he regained the respect the program built over the years.

Now we are here in Bobby part 2 and the sky is the limit.

Lamar Jackson is a superstar player, and superstar players want to play with superstars.

This Saturday Gameday will be at Louisville, not for the Yum Center and the Pitino Cards, but for Papa Johns and the Football Cards. That is special. Very Special !!!

I hope that our fans are louder than they were at the WVU game, and that our team solidifies its weaknesses and plays a clean game.

I am a Happy Card fan as I am sure most are, and I look forward to riding this collision course to a Football National Championship.

From Howards dreams to Bobby's actions lets shock the world.

GO CARDS!!!

U of L fans of our generation had dreams and the will to back them up with actions (both time and money). CHS's collision course talk was central to that. On one level, it was just talk, but it also had the effect of organizing belief. Belief is an important difference maker (e.g. it protects you from what CHS termed "chronic low expectations"). It's what made U of L football more than just a good tailgate party.

I was in high school when CHS made those comments and remember each of those moments all too well...I think the single most impressionable moments have been regarding conference alignment though...hanging on every rumor and "inside source" leading up to our Big East invite, then WVU's last minute gambit to snatch the B12 (I was envisioning trips to Manhattan Kansas for the KSU games), then the surprise ACC move...now we're cresting this next monument this Saturday...I think I'm gonna puke...

I was in high school when CHS made those comments and remember each of those moments all too well...I think the single most impressionable moments have been regarding conference alignment though...hanging on every rumor and "inside source" leading up to our Big East invite, then WVU's last minute gambit to snatch the B12 (I was envisioning trips to Manhattan Kansas for the KSU games), then the surprise ACC move...now we're cresting this next monument this Saturday...I think I'm gonna puke...
Hold on and enjoy the ride It's been a long journey and good things are ahead.

from redbirds stadium to papa johns, from Howard to Bobby part 2, from obscurity to possibly something special, It feels good to see this team perform. We have suffered through some dreadful football. I may be alone, but I will not look games ahead, but will take this season one game at a time.

Marshall is next and i hope we start to play cleaner, and focus more so that we execute with the crispness the coaches desire.

Lamad rated his performance as a solid "D" and said he will play much better. That is scary!

Go Cards

Why do people not recognized Corso as the start instead of Howard? Corso was only here 4 years but didn't have a losing record and won a decent bowl game his last season going 9-1. Howard should be recognized for getting us back on the track.

I think they do but it's important to keep in mind that U of L was a private metropolitan-supported (got a minor portion of its budget from the city) university of 5500 enrollment before the early 70s and had only begun its transition at the time Corso was exiting. As such, our competition level was MVC so we weren't considered a major college in those days. Corso has his shrine in the Schnellenberger center though and probably yesterday helps exalt that (he didn't exactly claim us over the years and his remarks this week were by far the most pro-Louisville ones he's ever made publicly).

Why do people not recognized Corso as the start instead of Howard? Corso was only here 4 years but didn't have a losing record and won a decent bowl game his last season going 9-1. Howard should be recognized for getting us back on the track.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Clemson fan here,just like to say I think the football world has been exposed to a very good very entertaining team in your Cardinals, Tremendous job against FSU in all phases of the game. I come making no predictions ,just admiring a team running on all cylinders.
Enjoy the ride ,very few have the opportunity to enjoy such an exciting team.

I remember going to many games at old Cardinal Stadium especially during Howard's first season and enduring some ass beatings! But, Ernest Givins made it entertaining nonetheless. Wow, we've come a long way!

Agree! Remember that beating TN gave to us and Brohm. Was rough. Also remember big games Snelly took us to with WV, OSU, Sparties. Ah memories...now we have new GREAT ones!

Reactions: beasleythecard
Agree! Remember that beating TN gave to us and Brohm. Was rough. Also remember big games Snelly took us to with WV, OSU, Sparties. Ah memories...now we have new GREAT ones!
I remember being at the ohio state game and that we could have tied it, but Howard went for the win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT