ADVERTISEMENT

Candidates Not Named Brohm

Except we tied for the ACC season champions 2016. Averaged 8 wins over that period and attended a bowl every year that’s how.
So petrino has the program ahead of where it was when he took over? Or at even a level close to that?

And stoops beat that vaunted 2016 acc championship. Think stoops beat your best team on your home field with the best player in college football in a decade plus. . I hope you keep 2.0 for eternity.

One program is trending one way, the other in opposite direction. You decide which one direction you want to be heading with current leadership

Your program is like the eclipse of the sun it performs well every once in a while and then disappears. You and your program are a joke and still the laughing stock of the SEC. You beat UF once in 32 years and think you’ve made it. Let’s wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. I’ve seen this song and dance before. You haven’t even completed this season and your acting as if your program is on the up swing. What was your record last year and who kicked your asses on your field. What was your record the year before. Your not trending anywhere. You’ll graduate your seniors next year. Benny will move on and you’ll be back right where you were. Meanwhile we’re sitting on three 4* QBs one of which might be slightly less then LJ. A pool of highly regarded receivers and talent everywhere else. All of which are lacking experience. So you might want to temper your level of excitement because we’re not going anywhere. See we’re upset because we may be below 8-4 for the first time in several years and the last time we dipped below 8-4 it wasn’t 6-6 or 5-7 it was 7-5. See our fan base won’t tolerate those numbers. I have never figure out what SuCk fans have to be cocky about. Having moved here from PA there’s nothing I see with you guys that should give anyone reason to be cocky. Having relative that attended Bama and UF trust me your not held as an equal not even close. So don’t come on to our board and start selling your snake oil because we’re not buying it. You’ve not proven anything yet.

Last edited:
Still, our programs have had similar win/loss records in both regular and post season play yet, we play in the toughest conference. There is a lot to take from that if you are objective and not being a homer.

Still, our programs have had similar win/loss records in both regular and post season play yet, we play in the toughest conference. There is a lot to take from that if you are objective and not being a homer.
Not as much of a take away as UofL being 15-9 against the yuts and twice keeping them from bowl appearances. Guess being in the “toughest conference” didn’t help much then - lol.

The sec is tough for sure...if you play in the sec west. you all arent playing bama, auburn, lsu, and texas a&m every year. you all rarely beat tenn, florida, and georgia, and georgia has just finally turned things around. the sec east has been winnable throughout the stoops' years at uk, but you all just arent good. as a matter of fact, how long has it been since youve had a winning conference record? just be happy with where your team is at right now, which is a very good looking team UP TO THIS POINT, you still have more games left.

Who has done a better job running their respective programs. From starting point Tonwhere each are now who has done a better job?

in the four games head to head feel each has outcoached the other twice. (Stoops team in 2014 although lost about pulled a big upset and was much less talented than the upset in 2016. BP outcoached stoops in 2015 and 2017.)

I don’t see how at the current program you can say BP has done anymore than stoops recently.
New years day bowl, Heisman trophy, play off talk....UofL was on ESPN TV screen every week 2 years ago regarding playoff births. Are you freaking serious? You are a true example of the delusion that a UK fan gets from winning a few football games one season.

Obviously the list starts with Brohm but thats not the question you asked...

I would in order after Brohm go with these guys:

1. Mike Norvell - Memphis HC
2. Brent Venebles - Clemson DC
3. Neal Brown - Troy HC

I would kick the tires on PJ Fleck - Minnesota HC and Matt Campbell ISU HC and see if they're interested but both would get a mild raise and are probably unlikely to make a lateral move. I think you could look at Seth Litteral at North Texas and Jason Candle at Toldeo....I wouldn't be above looking at Lane Kiffin either.
I like Mike Norvell a lot. Neal Brown is doing a good job at Troy but I just can't get past the UK stinch.

Venables is a great D-Coordinator and is getting paid a lot to do it. I really am not sure if he wants to a head coach.

Good list.

Sorry, beating one crappy ass UK team is not our measuring stick. Yes it sucks to lose...but Im glad as long as UK beats UL that your season is a success....tells you right there how much better our program in general is than yours. Beating you all does nothing for us at all....beating us most seasons does a lot for you fools.

I like Mike Norvell a lot. Neal Brown is doing a good job at Troy but I just can't get past the UK stinch.

Venables is a great D-Coordinator and is getting paid a lot to do it. I really am not sure if he wants to a head coach.

Good list.

I like Norvell too, has Memphis ranked 3 as of now in offense.
I also agree with u about Neal Brown.
Venables is a pipe dream that id take over anyone if bobby was replaced, i just dont see him leaving Clemson.
lastly, i would love to have Brohm, hometown guy, has purdue in top 20 offense against a tough schedule.
More than anything though, id love more than anything to see Bobby go back to being Bobby. His offenses used to be so damn good no matter who stepped in at QB.

Reactions: gocds
As crazy as it sounds, what about going after Mark Stoops? Can you imagine how badly UK fans would melt down if we were able to do that and then get their coaching staff and recruits? Bridges in the state would have to be shut down to prevent UK fans from suicide, lol.

Go after Stoops, offer him more money and the ability to actually coach at a true football school!

OMG, LOL. I'm sure you are joking. UK looks good this year (so far - wait for the collapse though) I'll give you that.

Not as much of a take away as UofL being 15-9 against the yuts and twice keeping them from bowl appearances. Guess being in the “toughest conference” didn’t help much then - lol.
When did you start counting? Historically which is what we were talking about it is 15-15. Math much? So, once again my point stands. Picking and choosing your points of time is weak.

The sec is tough for sure...if you play in the sec west. you all arent playing bama, auburn, lsu, and texas a&m every year. you all rarely beat tenn, florida, and georgia, and georgia has just finally turned things around. the sec east has been winnable throughout the stoops' years at uk, but you all just arent good. as a matter of fact, how long has it been since youve had a winning conference record? just be happy with where your team is at right now, which is a very good looking team UP TO THIS POINT, you still have more games left.
You missed the point. Playing in the SEC means we play a tougher schedule every year regardless and my point was, playing in weaker conferences, your record is barely better regular season and win losses in bowls for both is sub .500. Not worthy of bragging on.

Sorry, beating one crappy ass UK team is not our measuring stick. Yes it sucks to lose...but Im glad as long as UK beats UL that your season is a success....tells you right there how much better our program in general is than yours. Beating you all does nothing for us at all....beating us most seasons does a lot for you fools.
o_O

When did you start counting? Historically which is what we were talking about it is 15-15. Math much? So, once again my point stands. Picking and choosing your points of time is weak.
I started counting games played after the Great Depression dipshit - and told you so from the jump. You’re (unsurprisingly) completely pathetic to count games from more than 100 years ago. Try googling the word “relevant” - I know as a yut fan you have no idea what it means personally.

I get it though - it’s all you’ve got.

You missed the point. Playing in the SEC means we play a tougher schedule every year regardless and my point was, playing in weaker conferences, your record is barely better regular season and win losses in bowls for both is sub .500. Not worthy of bragging on.
“But, but, but - the teams that beat us are better than the teams you beat”. Boo Hoo sweetie - try as you might all of your rationalization falls flat - because UofL’s numbers are better than the yuts’ numbers.

“Math much”?

Talk about picking your points in time, the only way you get to 15-15 is to count 6 games from the 1920's. Seriously? My son-in-law played football at uk and agrees with me. Here's a stat for you, your record is 1-6 versus us the last 7 games. Yes, you still suck.

These MF'ers dont know how to act on here. They have a decent football team once in my lifetime and come crawling out of the damn wood work. In the last ten years of my life...my team has been to 2 BCS bowls, beat a #3 ranked Florida team, was in playoff contention, and had a Heisman trophy winner.

The scary thing for you cats is....no matter what, you still play louisville the very last game of the season. No matter how well you do until then, if you lose that game, you know in your little hearts that it will all come crashing down. History says, Bobby Petrino doesnt lose that game.

Reactions: gocds and BPGhost

Nah, i really didnt miss your point, you’re just wrong. We’ve actually had a tougher schedule than you all the last few years before this year. Again, you all play in the sec east, it’s just not that tough.

Pretty sure he never ran his mouth about UofL like brown did - plus, brown sucks and, so do you.

LoL.

Napalm these posers.

65% of SuCkS fans are Bama football/SuCkS basketball fans anyways.

I work with aome who like Miami, OSu and even Louisville football/SuCkS basketball.

Theyre beyond pathetic.

Reactions: BPGhost
I'm curious if any UK lurkers are aware that just because you say "we play in the SEC" doesn't make it true?

I mean the SEC East has arguably been the worst P5 division in football for the last? 5 years? UF has had maybe 2 good seasons in the last decade, Tennessee hasn't been good in...20 years? UGA literally just got good last year, South Carolina and Missouri both historically mediocre programs and then there's you all and Vandy consistently fighting for the bottom.

I mean Missouri came in and done more in their first 4 years than you all did in the last 30. Over the last 8 or so years a team with 3-5 losses on the season has been winning the East. Florida has won it twice with 4 losses and USCjr won it with 5 losses back in 2010!

So spare me on the idea of how your schedule of 8 bad to mediocre teams from the East somehow qualify you to thump your chest every time Bama, Auburn or LSU does something.

Sweet Jesus, I was feeling bad about Petrino until reading some of the coaching names in this thread.

And to think some people would pay $12 million just for the OPPORTUNITY to land one of these football legends. Adding insult to injury, hard telling how much our new AD will wanna pay him.

You go from sucks to sucking out loud...

kenSucky is still just that, they suck. Florida and Mississippi State combined couldn't beat the Nashville Diesel Mechanics this year in football. Neither school has beaten anyone. The sEZ is weak outside of maybe 1 or 2 teams. Georgia is weak because they don't play anyone until the sEZ championship.

What about Scott Satterfield? He's young and looks very solid.

I'm curious if any UK lurkers are aware that just because you say "we play in the SEC" doesn't make it true?

I mean the SEC East has arguably been the worst P5 division in football for the last? 5 years? UF has had maybe 2 good seasons in the last decade, Tennessee hasn't been good in...20 years? UGA literally just got good last year, South Carolina and Missouri both historically mediocre programs and then there's you all and Vandy consistently fighting for the bottom.

I mean Missouri came in and done more in their first 4 years than you all did in the last 30. Over the last 8 or so years a team with 3-5 losses on the season has been winning the East. Florida has won it twice with 4 losses and USCjr won it with 5 losses back in 2010!

So spare me on the idea of how your schedule of 8 bad to mediocre teams from the East somehow qualify you to thump your chest every time Bama, Auburn or LSU does something.
I think this every damn time one of these idiots thumps their SEC chest. The east has been nothing but absolute garbage

Reactions: EKYCard643
Well, the UK game is still about two months out. So I am focusing on Saturday's game with FSU, This FSU team is one of thier worst teams in years. If we struggle or lose to them, then we are hurting for sure. My home boy heart wants to win. But my football brain thinks we are in really dire straights at this point in time. After all this is year five of the Petrino 2.0 rebuild. And damn it, we are playing like a 1AA team! We are 121st in offense and 92nd in defense! We a Top 30 to Top 25 ranked team, when Bobby replaced Strong. As I write this today, we are currently ranked 52nd and FSU 55th is ranked by Jeff Sagarin. We have not become stronger under Petrino but weaker. Its time for a change! If Petrino was a CEO and his company's earnings and stock price were on this curve line, how secure would his job be? You know the board of directors and stockholders would not be giving another 4 of 5 years to fix the problems. They would hire a new guy to fix the mess created by the current CEO! Folks we are playing like a bottom feeding program and struggled to beat a G5 team and a 1AA team. The red flags are flying high. I want CBP to succeed, but I am a realists and I am seeing failure right now.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Leave it to LPT to count the games from the flying wedge era. Just like that bogus “national championship” they claim in football. Heck even some of Rupp’s NCs are dubious since they were NCAA titles and the best teams in those days went to the NIT.

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
FACT

UK football has won 8 games in a season twice since 1985. 33 years. Two 8 win seasons. Neither of those seasons came under Mark Stoops. Last 8 win season was 2007.
Louisville has won 8 games or more six years in a row and 12 of the past 18 seasons.
Louisville has finished the season ranked top 25 four of the past six years and seven of the past 14. UK hasn't finished a season ranked since 1984.
Louisville has been to 8 straight bowl games.
UK has been to 2 straight bowl games.
Louisville has made a 15 bowl game appearances in the last 20 years, including wins in the Orange and Sugar bowls.
UK has made 9 bowl game appearances in the last 20 years and only won three of those games.
Stoops at UK: 26-36 | .419 winning %
Petrino at UofL: 75-27 | .735 winning %
Petrino vs UK at Louisville: 7-1
Latest Meeting: 44-17 UofL
UofL has beaten UK 6 of the last 7 meetings.
NFL Talent...
Since 2014 UK has had four players selected in the NFL Draft
Since 2014 Louisville has had 21 players selected in the NFL Draft (12 in round three or higher and seven 1st round picks)
Since 2003 UK has had 21 players selected in the NFL Draft. The same total as Louisville the past five years.
Since 2003 Louisville has had 50 players selected in the NFL Draft

now get out of here you dumb ass

FACT

UK football has won 8 games in a season twice since 1985. 33 years. Two 8 win seasons. Neither of those seasons came under Mark Stoops. Last 8 win season was 2007.
Louisville has won 8 games or more six years in a row and 12 of the past 18 seasons.
Louisville has finished the season ranked top 25 four of the past six years and seven of the past 14. UK hasn't finished a season ranked since 1984.
Louisville has been to 8 straight bowl games.
UK has been to 2 straight bowl games.
Louisville has made a 15 bowl game appearances in the last 20 years, including wins in the Orange and Sugar bowls.
UK has made 9 bowl game appearances in the last 20 years and only won three of those games.
Stoops at UK: 26-36 | .419 winning %
Petrino at UofL: 75-27 | .735 winning %
Petrino vs UK at Louisville: 7-1
Latest Meeting: 44-17 UofL
UofL has beaten UK 6 of the last 7 meetings.
NFL Talent...
Since 2014 UK has had four players selected in the NFL Draft
Since 2014 Louisville has had 21 players selected in the NFL Draft (12 in round three or higher and seven 1st round picks)
Since 2003 UK has had 21 players selected in the NFL Draft. The same total as Louisville the past five years.
Since 2003 Louisville has had 50 players selected in the NFL Draft

now get out of here you dumb ass

Nice Chapman! (audience clapping)

UK is his employer, nothing more. His home is Ohio. Offer him $6 million/year. I guarantee you he would suddenly start considering UofL at that price.

Here we are a month later and this is still grade A ridiculous nonsense.

Either way - If not Brohm I want Ryan Day over Fickell, Babers or Brown. Pretty sure that's our short list.

15-9? Last time I looked, it was 16-15 in favor of the Cats.

15-10 Cards if you only count since the series restarted [modern day]
16-15 Cats if you include the six games before the Great Depression [overall]

Reactions: zipp
15-9? Last time I looked, it was 16-15 in favor of the Cats.
Lol - ok gramps. I’d say games played prior to wearing helmets aren’t relevant but, whatever makes you feel better about that historically shitty football program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT