ADVERTISEMENT

Candidates Not Named Brohm

Stoops is 30-36 in 5+ years at UK without a bowl win. Brohm won a bowl game in year 1 after the worst stretch in Purdue history.

Do you really want to go there? When Stoops took over at UK they had just had one of their worst stretches (even by UK standards) in school history. There was absolutely no talent, there had been no improvements at Kroger Field in almost 15 years and their practice facilities were far behind UofL's and absolutely bush league. I would argue that the UK program Stoops took over was absolutely just as bad as the Purdue program Brohm took over.

Brohm is also lucky that he is in "other" Big Ten division that is absolutely just as bad as the SEC East has been lately. If he had had to play Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan last year I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have made that bowl game.

Do you really want to go there? When Stoops took over at UK they had just had one of their worst stretches (even by UK standards) in school history. There was absolutely no talent, there had been no improvements at Kroger Field in almost 15 years and their practice facilities were far behind UofL's and absolutely bush league. I would argue that the UK program Stoops took over was absolutely just as bad as the Purdue program Brohm took over.

Brohm is also lucky that he is in "other" Big Ten division that is absolutely just as bad as the SEC East has been lately. If he had had to play Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan last year I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have made that bowl game.

I would be shocked if Stoops inherited a worse situation than Brohm inherited from Darrell Hazell.

And he very well still could’ve made a bowl game even playing in the other division last year. Shit he was close to picking you guys off in game 1. Who saw that coming?

Reactions: earsky
I would be shocked if Stoops inherited a worse situation than Brohm inherited from Darrell Hazell.

And he very well still could’ve made a bowl game even playing in the other division last year. Shit he was close to picking you guys off in game 1. Who saw that coming?

Dont entertain SuCkS fans.
They only have decent programs every 11 years.

Reactions: STLNBSE

I have no idea what the ceiling is for Jeff as a head coach but I do know this. The Louisville program would be way better off with him in charge than the washed up clown in charge right now.

Would the A.D. consider
1 Skip Holtz HC LA. Tech
2 Doc Holliday HC Marshall
3. Kendall Briles OC Baylor
4 Luke Fickell (sp) HC University of Cincinnati
All of these coaches have won in situations where they had fewer resources than U of L possesses.
Jordan Day? tOSU OC who ran the team in Meyers absence.

I can't figure out if the Stoops talk is trolling.

First of all...Stoops has done nothing at UK. This is his dream season where their schedule turned out to be worse than anticipated and they're taking advantage of having a generational RB. Stoops will go back to being Stoops next year.

Secondly...Tyra would NEVER consider him.
Thirdly Stoops would NEVER consider Louisville. Why would he? He makes over $4 million a year and he can sell the SEC...ULs the better program but for him the hoopla of pulling something like that isn't worth it.

Regardless of the roster situation of both schools what Purdue has always had over UK is their name. Purdue isn’t a traditional power but the name doesn’t come attached with the negativity that Kentucky does. Believe it or not that goes a long way. It’s very hard to overcome a culture of losing.

Regardless of the roster situation of both schools what Purdue has always had over UK is their name. Purdue isn’t a traditional power but the name doesn’t come attached with the negativity that Kentucky does. Believe it or not that goes a long way. It’s very hard to overcome a culture of losing.

Yep if anything Purdue was the better job when Brohm took over than UK when Stoops took over. Purdue also has the academic reputation that UK can't compete with.

I can't figure out if the Stoops talk is trolling.

First of all...Stoops has done nothing at UK. This is his dream season where their schedule turned out to be worse than anticipated and they're taking advantage of having a generational RB. Stoops will go back to being Stoops next year.

Secondly...Tyra would NEVER consider him.
Thirdly Stoops would NEVER consider Louisville. Why would he? He makes over $4 million a year and he can sell the SEC...ULs the better program but for him the hoopla of pulling something like that isn't worth it.

UK is his employer, nothing more. His home is Ohio. Offer him $6 million/year. I guarantee you he would suddenly start considering UofL at that price.

I was thinking you were being sarcastic but your 12 posts touting Stoops seem to refute that theory.

I’ll make this simple. 1) we’ve spent the past several years hoping that Stoops wasn’t fired because we don’t think he is a good coach, 2)during his tenure the SEC East has been historically bad and yet he has nothing to show for that ineptitude 3) yes he has a good squad this year. But this is a completely upperclassmen led squad in a bad division (except for Georgia).
UK returns 6 starters on offense and 5 on defense. Terry Wilson has 2 more years of eligibility. We are rotating 8-9 players on both lines regularly. We have a lot of quality depth behind those seniors that are leaving. Stoops has us set up to be very good for the next few years

UK is his employer, nothing more. His home is Ohio. Offer him $6 million/year. I guarantee you he would suddenly start considering UofL at that price.
And let’s hope that uk continues to be his employer for the next 30 years. stupes is terrible, has made more in game coaching blunders in his time at uk than anyone who’s still a HC. The only reason he hasn’t been canned is that his buyout is even crazier than Petrino’s.

You are completely embarrassing yourself with these posts.

UK returns 6 starters on offense and 5 on defense. Terry Wilson has 2 more years of eligibility. We are rotating 8-9 players on both lines regularly. We have a lot of quality depth behind those seniors that are leaving. Stoops has us set up to be very good for the next few years

You have decent depth but the high quality players are gonna be gone. So I agree UK should be solid for foreseeable future but this is the year where they need to make hay.

Look who's now using the "our backups are better than our starters" stuff that you all tried to hammer us on for years. You all would hammer us every year for saying we actually had depth behind our starters but it's okay for you all to use it right?

Terry Wilson is an okay game manager QB but he's not great. Benny Snell is the one who is carrying the team and once he's gone you'll find Terry Wilson isn't as effective.

You have decent depth but the high quality players are gonna be gone. So I agree UK should be solid for foreseeable future but this is the year where they need to make hay.

The other thing UK fans are forgetting is that it's not like the other SEC East programs are standing still. Florida will improve under Mullen. I don't know if he'll get them back to competing for SEC and National Titles but they'll be much better than they were under McElwain and Muschamp. Georgia isn't going anywhere and if anything will continue to just get stronger. In fact if Georgia fans can stay patient once Saban retires in a few years they would be poised to overtake Bama.

Tennessee is the big question mark in the East, it will take several years but it will be interesting to see if Pruitt can get them back to a respectable level. If all of that happens UK is back to competing for 4th in the East with South Carolina, Vandy and Missouri.

I can't do this anymore.

If you literally think Stoops is a viable candidate for the UL job thats on you. Just know that it will NEVER ever, EVER, ever, EVER be considered and rightfully so.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
I can't do this anymore.

If you literally think Stoops is a viable candidate for the UL job thats on you. Just know that it will NEVER ever, EVER, ever, EVER be considered and rightfully so.

Its UofL, not UL.
Type it with me.

U of L.

Im pretty sure UK fans can and will find the money to invade Orlando if that happens. Your pipe dream of luring Stoops is a pipe dream. Have you been smoking something you found on OBT or Paramore?
Dude, I think this UK team is good. However, not under any circumstances would I want your coach....ever. this will be short lived. You will have one decent season, everybody leaves then you will be just like you've been for the past years and since I was a kid. Enjoy this season....you MAY get a new years day bowl...probably not. We've been there and done that a couple times.

Im pretty sure UK fans can and will find the money to invade Orlando if that happens. Your pipe dream of luring Stoops is a pipe dream. Have you been smoking something you found on OBT or Paramore?
Dude, I think this UK team is good. However, not under any circumstances would I want your coach....ever. this will be short lived. You will have one decent season, everybody leaves then you will be just like you've been for the past years and since I was a kid. Enjoy this season....you MAY get a new years day bowl...probably not. We've been there and done that a couple times.

Good grief guys this is SuCK we’re talking about, they still have plenty of time to implode. And I don’t care how bad it gets I wouldn’t want Stoops!

How about being 15-9 against the yuts since they found the balls to put UofL on the schedule again? What am I saying, the yuts never found their balls - the legislature forced them to do that. What about winning six out of the last seven? How about pulling down those yut pants and paddling that yut ass last year so bad that UofL didn’t even have to punt? Is any of that, stuff that we can brag about, I mean here on our own board?

Effing yut idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about being 15-9 against the yuts since they found the balls to put UofL on the schedule again? What am I saying, the yuts never found their balls - the legislature forced them to do that. What about winning six out of the last seven? How about pulling down those yut pants and paddling that yut ass last year so bad that UofL didn’t even have to punt? Is any of that, stuff that we can brag about, I mean here on our own board?

Effing yut idiot.

tenor.gif

Reactions: BPGhost
Look who's now using the "our backups are better than our starters" stuff that you all tried to hammer us on for years. You all would hammer us every year for saying we actually had depth behind our starters but it's okay for you all to use it right?

Terry Wilson is an okay game manager QB but he's not great. Benny Snell is the one who is carrying the team and once he's gone you'll find Terry Wilson isn't as effective.
Asim Rose, Benny’s backup, is averaging 7.4 yards a carry right now. They’re both very talented but their success is largely a product of how good our offensive line is and we return 7 of our 2 deep next year. Terry will become less of a game manager and be much more dangerous as the mental aspect of his game catches up with his abilities. He’s only 4 games into his D1 career

Asim Rose, Benny’s backup, is averaging 7.4 yards a carry right now. They’re both very talented but their success is largely a product of how good our offensive line is and we return 7 of our 2 deep next year. Terry will become less of a game manager and be much more dangerous as the mental aspect of his game catches up with his abilities. He’s only 4 games into his D1 career
Yeah, sure he will. We were excited about our receivers until we realized that being a receiver means actually catching the football. You’ll come back to reality soon enough.

Oh, and nobody wants a coach who cancled the last game in the series against WKU,
because they won 2 in a row against the mighty blew.
Mighty SEC team running scared from a C-USA team.

Run and tell dat...........

As crazy as it sounds, what about going after Mark Stoops? Can you imagine how badly UK fans would melt down if we were able to do that and then get their coaching staff and recruits? Bridges in the state would have to be shut down to prevent UK fans from suicide, lol.

Go after Stoops, offer him more money and the ability to actually coach at a true football school!
If this poster thinks Stoopy is an improvement over Petrino he should be banned from this forum for life !

I have no idea what the ceiling is for Jeff as a head coach but I do know this. The Louisville program would be way better off with him in charge than the washed up clown in charge right now.

I'm curious. Do you attend the press conferences? Did Bobby hurt your feelings at some point? You worked for Jody Demling, correct? Does he share your viewpoint?

If this poster thinks Stoopy is an improvement over Petrino he should be banned from this forum for life !
Who has done a better job running their respective programs. From starting point Tonwhere each are now who has done a better job?

in the four games head to head feel each has outcoached the other twice. (Stoops team in 2014 although lost about pulled a big upset and was much less talented than the upset in 2016. BP outcoached stoops in 2015 and 2017.)

I don’t see how at the current program you can say BP has done anymore than stoops recently.

Who has done a better job running their respective programs. From starting point Tonwhere each are now who has done a better job?

in the four games head to head feel each has outcoached the other twice. (Stoops team in 2014 although lost about pulled a big upset and was much less talented than the upset in 2016. BP outcoached stoops in 2015 and 2017.)

I don’t see how at the current program you can say BP has done anymore than stoops recently.

Except we tied for the ACC season champions 2016. Averaged 8 wins over that period and attended a bowl every year that’s how.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
So petrino has the program ahead of where it was when he took over? Or at even a level close to that?

And stoops beat that vaunted 2016 acc championship. Think stoops beat your best team on your home field with the best player in college football in a decade plus. . I hope you keep 2.0 for eternity.

One program is trending one way, the other in opposite direction. You decide which one direction you want to be heading with current leadership

Louisville kept Coach StoopID from going to back to back bowls. SuCkS finished 5-7.
I KNOW that stilllllllll hurts.

And didnt even PUNT in a 44-17 beatdown at Kroger field. Put the pipe down Kansas State.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT