ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Ward On UofL Defense

Brohm is definitely pissed about the defense but does he have any real options to fix it.... and I do agree with Zipp, which I often don't when he talks about U of L politics and Ricky P, our OL needs to get better as well. Miami gave up a lot of points to California 38 and VT 34 so our numbers could be deceiving.

Reactions: rh62531
At Louisville you can’t be vanilla on defense. If you are going to be vanilla you better be extremely disciplined. They aren’t the vanilla and running around lost.

The reality is the line transfers aren’t from major conferences. It shows. Big bodies but not disrupters. In college if you can’t get the QB off his 1st read have fun. This is the 2nd QB saying they know what they are getting. It manageable in the Big Ten West because they were all run heavy offenses. We have 2 years of data good offenses crave up this defense.

Reactions: rh62531
Ward also said...."“We got one of the best O-lines, one of the best receiving corps, got a great OC," Ward said, referring to offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson. "All I do is put the ball in play. You see today I’m throwing to wide-open people and they make contested catches when they need to."

Brohm is definitely pissed about the defense but does he have any real options to fix it.... and I do agree with Zipp, which I often don't when he talks about U of L politics and Ricky P, our OL needs to get better as well. Miami gave up a lot of points to California 38 and VT 34 so our numbers could be deceiving.
Idk what politics has to do with anything? Maybe explain that better but we have the 22nd rated QB in the nation, Top 10 in yards and TD’s, we have a very good running back which all interprets to a good offense. The problem with English is he’s caught up in this speed thing. He wants fast linebackers, safety’s regardless if they can tackle at the POC. Actually 75% of the time our linebackers are out of position and get caught up in the wash which makes them ineffective. No matter how much you try to change the game you have to have prototypical linebackers who are physical enough to fight off blocks and finish tackles. Same for safeties. Either English changes his beliefs or he needs to be sent packing.

LB's without question are the worst unit on the field. They can't cover a seam route and run themselves out of the play then can't tackle if they do manage to be in the right gap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT