ADVERTISEMENT

Buh Bye

He stepped down to save his bank account. No other reason. I hate that word and I personally never use it just because it's such a hate filled word, BUT in this case, he was only 'reporting' what COL Sanders had allegedly said so his comments were in CONTEXT.

Saying something in context should be acceptable for everyone to do, but it's not. Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, and/or any famous black person can talk in context like that and it's OK. Shattner says that word in context to make his point on a private conference call and it cost him his Chairman of the Board position. It's just hypocrisy and political correctness run amuck IMO. It's absurd.

He stepped down to save his bank account. No other reason. I hate that word and I personally never use it just because it's such a hate filled word, BUT in this case, he was only 'reporting' what COL Sanders had allegedly said so his comments were in CONTEXT.

Saying something in context should be acceptable for everyone to do, but it's not. Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, and/or any famous black person can talk in context like that and it's OK. Shattner says that word in context to make his point on a private conference call and it cost him his Chairman of the Board position. It's just hypocrisy and political correctness run amuck IMO. It's absurd.
I agree. In this case, he seemed to be using it as an analogy.

I’m just glad the smug prick is gone from the BOT. Now if we can wipe his phony name from the football stadium. “Tom Jurich Field at UPS Stadium”?

I agree. In this case, he seemed to be using it as an analogy.

I’m just glad the smug prick is gone from the BOT. Now if we can wipe his phony name from the football stadium. “Tom Jurich Field at UPS Stadium”?
Yeah I agree with that. Not one of my favorite people to be sure. Maybe his attitude had more to do with the outcome of him being forced out than his use of a word nobody should want to use, even while 'reporting' in context. Even in context, it was a stupid thing to say.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Papa was drunk, lol. There was no intelligence or even concern in his mind. He was rollin' in Hubris, like always.

If what you say about the context Papa John used the word then that is bullshit. He doesn't deserve any of this. He is a prick but that doesn't mean he should be shamed for something like what you say. I will definitely check this out thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT