ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm would kill at Louisville

boileralum07

No-Ranking Prospect
Jan 18, 2009
Fact is, 8-9 games is the ceiling at Purdue in the B1G. It's hard to recruit in general and even moreso during the NIL era. What Brohm has done is on par with likely our best coach ever in the late Joe Tiller.

None of that is true for Louisville. Give Brohm the roster, resources and potential at his Alma Mater.... look out.

Personally, I'd love for Brohm to stay with us and stack some 8/9 win seasons together and maybe get to 10 wins some day which has never happened at Purdue. Are you going to go after him or are his "middling" results at Purdue not good enough for you?

Not sure what more Brohm needs to prove. I’ve been of the ilk that he said no once, so never again. But, I really hate UK. I really, really hate them. Brohm knows what that game means. He would do whatever it takes. Plus, with his local connections, a wall would be built around Louisville metro. He’d lock local kids up left and right.

Satt has secured is seat for next season. With how he’s recruiting as well it could and probably will be longer than next season.

They are. We can thank our Adidas partner for the Cali 4 stars coming in. Trust me. Satt, with his Mayberry, aw shucks persona, isn’t closing those deals.
Really? Everyone is doing it... hmmm did you know we are the only team in the top 20 for recruiting that has never had a top 20 class before??? But EVERYONEEEEEE is and can do it.... rightttttt

Really? Everyone is doing it... hmmm did you know we are the only team in the top 20 for recruiting that has never had a top 20 class before??? But EVERYONEEEEEE is and can do it.... rightttttt
Are you on dope? Yes, everyone is offering NIL deals. Also, don’t count your chickens before the eggs have hatched. When the class is signed, then brag.

Are you on dope? Yes, everyone is offering NIL deals. Also, don’t count your chickens before the eggs have hatched. When the class is signed, then brag.
Obviously everyone is offering NIL money. That doesn’t mean they are ahead of constructing these deals. Also I can tell you FIRST hand. If sate and Pete Thomas weren’t here Clarkson and co wouldn’t be here. That I know is a FACT. Why do you sound so angry, enjoy it lol.

Obviously everyone is offering NIL money. That doesn’t mean they are ahead of constructing these deals. Also I can tell you FIRST hand. If sate and Pete Thomas weren’t here Clarkson and co wouldn’t be here. That I know is a FACT. Why do you sound so angry, enjoy it lol.
Is Sate Satterfield? No anger here. Just conversation. Sensitivity and message boards don’t go together.

Is Sate Satterfield? No anger here. Just conversation. Sensitivity and message boards don’t go together.
Don’t feel too accomplished, I’ll be the last person you offend. Was just saying how you sound like a bitter old head. If you aren’t going to acknowledge that PC isn’t committed to Louisville partially due to Satt and Thomas than there really isn’t much to talk about. When A&M offered him he and his father came out and said PC was going nowhere unless there was Staff changes lol

Don’t feel too accomplished, I’ll be the last person you offend. Was just saying how you sound like a bitter old head. If you aren’t going to acknowledge that PC isn’t committed to Louisville partially due to Satt and Thomas than there really isn’t much to talk about. When A&M offered him he and his father came out and said PC was going nowhere unless there was Staff changes lol
Well, A&M is probably a bad example to use right now. The Aggies aren’t exactly killing it. I agree with nothing much else to talk about. Once the name calling ensues, I pretty much know who I’m dealing with. I can’t get younger, but you can grow up.

Well, A&M is probably a bad example to use right now. The Aggies aren’t exactly killing it. I agree with nothing much else to talk about. Once the name calling ensues, I pretty much know who I’m dealing with. I can’t get younger, but you can grow up.
I said you SOUNDED like a bitter old head. You asked if I was on dope. Now you are calling me a bully. Hypocritical for someone who said sensitivity doesn’t bode well on message boards don’t ya think.

I said you SOUNDED like a bitter old head. You asked if I was on dope. Now you are calling me a bully. Hypocritical for someone who said sensitivity doesn’t bode well on message boards don’t ya think.
Just how young are you, because the “on dope” crack is as old as the internet? I didn’t call you a bully, either. You can stop with the all caps and elongated words. We know what you’re saying.

No one has confirmed the NIL influence on this class. While I do not doubt it has a lot to do with this 2023 verbals, unless someone can provide evidence, I will continue to give credit to the coaching staff.

Adidas, not to mention NIKE, have so many options to direct their money towards any of their schools, I find it hard to believe that UL would be where those California recruits would be directed.

No one has confirmed the NIL influence on this class. While I do not doubt it has a lot to do with this 2023 verbals, unless someone can provide evidence, I will continue to give credit to the coaching staff.

Adidas, not to mention NIKE, have so many options to direct their money towards any of their schools, I find it hard to believe that UL would be where those California recruits would be directed.
Perhaps if you ignored fewer posters and ventured out from your echo chamber, you might actually gain some insight / knowledge on these topics. UofL is the highest profile adidas school that can (and will) offer those kids immediate playing time on top of the NIL money.

It’s really as simple as that.

The NIL influence is as confirmed as it can be. What’s interesting in this case is that the NIL is coming from Steve Clarkson and his numerous connections through his QB academy, and that it even includes a business plan for “Flyville”.

And yes, Satterfield very much deserves the credit for recognizing the potential of this alliance in this new age and embracing it fully. After 4 years here, no one is more aware how hard it is to recruit enough elite talent to win a championship in the ACC - he realized that he needed this type of alliance, and he went out and found it. It’s brilliant.

Thanks PUMan! Seriously, I had no clue as to who Steve Clarkson is, or his QB Academy. That makes perfect sense, and I appreciate your contribution.

Just an observation from an "old UL fan". This University has gone through so much personnel change in terms of Administration and Coaches that I am just hoping for some stability.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Thanks PUMan! Seriously, I had no clue as to who Steve Clarkson is, or his QB Academy. That makes perfect sense, and I appreciate your contribution.

Just an observation from an "old UL fan". This University has gone through so much personnel change in terms of Administration and Coaches that I am just hoping for some stability.

Its UofL.
UL is the University of Louisiana.
Also the abbreviation for Underwriters laboratories.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
The NIL influence is as confirmed as it can be. What’s interesting in this case is that the NIL is coming from Steve Clarkson and his numerous connections through his QB academy, and that it even includes a business plan for “Flyville”.

And yes, Satterfield very much deserves the credit for recognizing the potential of this alliance in this new age and embracing it fully. After 4 years here, no one is more aware how hard it is to recruit enough elite talent to win a championship in the ACC - he realized that he needed this type of alliance, and he went out and found it. It’s brilliant.
Louisville has always needed to be creative in recruiting. Interesting info on the alliance.

To be honest Kenny needs to do the same. You can establish a good culture and hold kids accountable while they reap the financial benefits.

Let’s say the NIL deals are really that good kids don’t want to lose it. Have to treat them like pro’s.

Could PC and dad not have started a "brand" anywhere? I mean "FlyStation" "FlyHawks" whatever. There was something more about UofL than just the opportunity to create a "brand." I feel as though there had to be something else attractive about UofL to bring PC here. The Adidas money was there for whatever school landed PC but the school/coach/staff first had to land PC.

But, I may be wrong. I'll admit that up front.

Could PC and dad not have started a "brand" anywhere? I mean "FlyStation" "FlyHawks" whatever. There was something more about UofL than just the opportunity to create a "brand." I feel as though there had to be something else attractive about UofL to bring PC here. The Adidas money was there for whatever school landed PC but the school/coach/staff first had to land PC.

But, I may be wrong. I'll admit that up front.
In addition to Malik graduating when Pierce is arriving - Lamar Jackson has worked at Clarkson’s camp in the recent past and attended as a student.

In addition to Malik graduating when Pierce is arriving - Lamar Jackson has worked at Clarkson’s camp in the recent past and attended as a student.
NIL + adidas + guaranteed opportunity at starting or lots of clock = the decision to come to UofL.

Playing for Satterfield is like 8th on that list.

NIL + adidas + guaranteed opportunity at starting or lots of clock = the decision to come to UofL.

Playing for Satterfield is like 8th on that list.
There are a lot of coaches this wouldn’t have worked out with. Word is the Clarksons aren’t too keen on Brohm but could be ok with a different coach if we moved on from Satt in the future. Hopefully Satt is successful and it doesn’t come to that.

There are a lot of coaches this wouldn’t have worked out with. Word is the Clarksons aren’t too keen on Brohm but could be ok with a different coach if we moved on from Satt in the future. Hopefully Satt is successful and it doesn’t come to that.
Lol - the “word” from who? From where?

You’re trying to tell me that a QB - who I’m sure has pro aspirations - isn’t “too keen” on a former high level CFB QB who made it to the pros and runs a pro-style QB-centric offense? As opposed to Satterfield who offensive philosophy revolves around the off tackle stretch run? Ok. 🙄

Just for shits and giggles - what other coaches (besides Brohm) does the “word” say that the Clarksons would be ok with?

Reactions: Jtiger94
Lol - the “word” from who? From where?

You’re trying to tell me that a QB - who I’m sure has pro aspirations - isn’t “too keen” on a former high level CFB QB who made it to the pros and runs a pro-style QB-centric offense? As opposed to Satterfield who offensive philosophy revolves around the off tackle stretch run? Ok. 🙄

Just for shits and giggles - what other coaches (besides Brohm) does the “word” say that the Clarksons would be ok with?
“Word” from this guy.

Never got to the point of discussing replacements for Satt acceptable to FlyVille as the team turned it around before he was fired.

Damn..........
So the word came from that obscure person whose tweet you pasted?

Ok. 😂😂😂
You do realize you are doing the exact same with your friend of a friend in Brohm wanting to come back. Not everyone thinks Brohm is a QB guru. As you pointed out he is currently starting a walk on QB. It doesn’t make you or him wrong.

Here is what you can’t explain away Steve Clarkson is sending his son to play for Satterfield. He runs a QB academy. He is not going to send him to play for a coach he doesn’t believe in. Is NIL a factor, sure but he isn’t dumb enough to send him into a situation to fail.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Sounds like you don’t know who he is. Figured that was common knowledge by now.
I guess for his 12K followers it is. BTW - Purdue is projected to go to the (formerly known as) outback bowl - where they unfortunately would not be playing UofL.

You do realize you are doing the exact same with your friend of a friend in Brohm wanting to come back. Not everyone thinks Brohm is a QB guru. As you pointed out he is currently starting a walk on QB. It doesn’t make you or him wrong.

Here is what you can’t explain away Steve Clarkson is sending his son to play for Satterfield. He runs a QB academy. He is not going to send him to play for a coach he doesn’t believe in. Is NIL a factor, sure but he isn’t dumb enough to send him into a situation to fail.
So to understand you - relaying the details of a conversation with someone who’s knowledgeable on a topic because he personally knows the people in question, is the same thing as cut and pasting some obscure dude’s shit talk on twitter? Don’t forget - Hank posted something similar from another person that knows Brohm. So are you saying that he and I - and the people we talked to - are lying about the subject?

I get that 100% consensus is impossible but just out of curiosity - who specifically and with standing - has said Brohm isn’t a developer of QBs? The simple fact that Brohm got Purdue to the B1G championship game with a walk on QB undercuts whatever point you were trying to make.

Lastly, I think that I have explained the Clarkson’s decision pretty succinctly. Here it is again.
1. He needs to go to an adidas school.
2. UofL is the highest profile adidas school where he can walk in and be the starting QB.

It’s not rocket science.

So to understand you - relaying the details of a conversation with someone who’s knowledgeable on a topic because he personally knows the people in question, is the same thing as cut and pasting some obscure dude’s shit talk on twitter? Don’t forget - Hank posted something similar from another person that knows Brohm. So are you saying that he and I - and the people we talked to - are lying about the subject?

I get that 100% consensus is impossible but just out of curiosity - who specifically and with standing - has said Brohm isn’t a developer of QBs? The simple fact that Brohm got Purdue to the B1G championship game with a walk on QB undercuts whatever point you were trying to make.

Lastly, I think that I have explained the Clarkson’s decision pretty succinctly. Here it is again.
2. UofL is the highest profile adidas school where he can walk in and be the starting QB.

It’s not rocket science
All these same people said Brohm was coming the 1st time. I played baseball with a guy that is about as connected with Trinty and Brohm’s agent as anyone. He said he was coming. He played with Vince at Trinty. He told my friend he was coming. Money was the only thing that was going to be the road block. He changed his mind. The point is it doesn’t matter what he said last summer. It is not a fact it is hearsay.

You are right it isn’t rocket science it is his son. It isn’t just about business.

It’s not rocket science.
Your number 2 is wrong, sort of. UofL is in the market for a transfer QB, so Steve and Pierce Clarkson are smart enough to realize that Pierce most likely is not ready to “walk in and be the starting QB.”

Your number 2 is wrong, sort of. UofL is in the market for a transfer QB, so Steve and Pierce Clarkson are smart enough to realize that Pierce most likely is not ready to “walk in and be the starting QB.”

Or Clarkson is ready and you need a successful number 2 in case of injury ( knock on wood) or freshmanitis.
In a perfect world, you want to RS Pierce, however if he beats out everyone, then ok.

I guess for his 12K followers it is. BTW - Purdue is projected to go to the (formerly known as) outback bowl - where they unfortunately would not be playing UofL.
Thats the Cali guys brand manager, he’s super plugged in. Works with AHB as well I think. Super. Loss to the Clarksons. When he speaks in our recruits id listen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT