ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm would kill at Louisville

The recruiting class is because of NIL, though.
The recruiting class is because of NIL, though.
Message boards do not require posters to be accurate and you most certainly aren’t. There are many factors that kids consider and the NIL is only one of them. Every school has a NIL. Players choose schools based on relationships and where they feel comfortable.
Clarkson credited his relationship with Satterfield as a major factor in his decision to choose Louisville. (See link for proof)
Fans like you blow hot air and attempt to undermine Coach Satterfield with falsehoods and misinformation.
True Louisville fans should acknowledge Satterfield and his staff are bringing in a stellar class. If the fans would stop being jerks ad support this staff, we have a great future. Blowing up the program now would be suicide.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Not too many true freshmen are coming in and starting from the get go at a power 5 school. Most times those who end up starting do so after injuries or poor play. Take the kid at NC State, Morris I believe his name is. He got a chance late in the season and overtook the #2 guy. He's definitely going to be their starter next season assuming Leary is gone.

If Clarkson starts game one it's because he's a phenom or Satterfield's transfer QB is not very good.

Now it's a much different story at RB. 5 star recruit Owens may just start from the get go. That's probably the writing on the wall that Cooley and Mitchell reacted to.

Your number 2 is wrong, sort of. UofL is in the market for a transfer QB, so Steve and Pierce Clarkson are smart enough to realize that Pierce most likely is not ready to “walk in and be the starting QB.”
What team isn’t in that same market? The Clarksons are on record as saying the immediate availability of playing time at UofL - in addition to the NIL climate here - was a (the) major factor.

Message boards do not require posters to be accurate and you most certainly aren’t. There are many factors that kids consider and the NIL is only one of them. Every school has a NIL. Players choose schools based on relationships and where they feel comfortable.
Clarkson credited his relationship with Satterfield as a major factor in his decision to choose Louisville. (See link for proof)
Fans like you blow hot air and attempt to undermine Coach Satterfield with falsehoods and misinformation.
True Louisville fans should acknowledge Satterfield and his staff are bringing in a stellar class. If the fans would stop being jerks ad support this staff, we have a great future. Blowing up the program now would be suicide.

Did you even read the article that you linked? Satterfield is mentioned exactly once - and was listed third in terms of deciding factors - fit and NIL being numbers one and two.

NIL was mentioned about a dozen times - the fact that UofL is out in front of NIL, that Louisville is the biggest city without a pro sports team meaning more potential endorsement deals, etc, etc, etc. It also says that the Clarksons did a “deep dive” into UofL’s roster seeing that there were lots of underclassmen and of course after this season - no QB.

I’m glad that Clarkson and the others are coming - if they actually do - but your post is heavy on your conjecture / opinion (hot air) and contains precious little substance.

True Louisville fans are loyal to and supportive of the PROGRAM. Lastly, bringing in a more successful and better coach, isn’t blowing up the program.

Reactions: CardX
Did you even read the article that you linked? Satterfield is mentioned exactly once - and was listed third in terms of deciding factors - fit and NIL being numbers one and two.

NIL was mentioned about a dozen times - the fact that UofL is out in front of NIL, that Louisville is the biggest city without a pro sports team meaning more potential endorsement deals, etc, etc, etc. It also says that the Clarksons did a “deep dive” into UofL’s roster seeing that there were lots of underclassmen and of course after this season - no QB.

I’m glad that Clarkson and the others are coming - if they actually do - but your post is heavy on your conjecture / opinion (hot air) and contains precious little substance.

True Louisville fans are loyal to and supportive of the PROGRAM. Lastly, bringing in a more successful and better coach, isn’t blowing up the program.
The problem many of us have is that Brohm is (at best) a marginal upgrade. If we move on from Satt let’s get someone with more potential.

The problem many of us have is that Brohm is (at best) a marginal upgrade. If we move on from Satt let’s get someone with more potential.

Brohm is probably here 10 years.
Anyone else will just be using UofL as a steppingstone.
Then again, anyone but Satterfield.

Reactions: BPGhost
I’ve asked this (unsuccessfully) dozens of times - like who?

Cool. I’ll try to drink the kool aid, and be a brainless fan. “True Louisville fans.” Lol.

Reactions: BPGhost
I swear I just don't get the opinion Brohm is a marginal upgrade. It has to be spite because he turned the job down in 2018.

How much more successful did he need to be at Purdue to be considered a exceptional upgrade here at UofL?

The guy lives and breathes offensive football. He employs a exciting brand of offense and he has proven over and over he can win big games with lackluster rosters. He's a Louisville guy, a UofL alumnus and has proven that he's a loyal coach to his players.

Now unless he has NFL aspirations, he probably doesn't have another college job he would want than his hometown school. Once he's in charge, there would be stability.

Now I know he had the chance in 2018 but the timing wasn't right and that has been explained or debated ad nauseum on these boards. Unless any of us know the man personally, we don't know the full reasoning. But what I do believe I know is he wouldn't turn the job down again while at Purdue.

Maybe it never happens. I'm sure that's a likely probability, but somebody is going to hire him away from Purdue. I for one would love it to be Louisville.

I swear I just don't get the opinion Brohm is a marginal upgrade. It has to be spite because he turned the job down in 2018.

How much more successful did he need to be at Purdue to be considered a exceptional upgrade here at UofL?

The guy lives and breathes offensive football. He employs a exciting brand of offense and he has proven over and over he can win big games with lackluster rosters. He's a Louisville guy, a UofL alumnus and has proven that he's a loyal coach to his players.

Now unless he has NFL aspirations, he probably doesn't have another college job he would want than his hometown school. Once he's in charge, there would be stability.

Now I know he had the chance in 2018 but the timing wasn't right and that has been explained or debated ad nauseum on these boards. Unless any of us know the man personally, we don't know the full reasoning. But what I do believe I know is he wouldn't turn the job down again while at Purdue.

Maybe it never happens. I'm sure that's a likely probability, but somebody is going to hire him away from Purdue. I for one would love it to be Louisville.
Sorry - your post makes way too much sense. You’re unfortunately barking up the wrong tree with a bunch of these specimens.

If you learned to read, it might help us find common ground. CLARKSON really likes his connection with Satterfield.
He‘s not coming here from CA to play for a coach he doesn’t have a strong bond with. You’ve been hating on Satterfield most of the season. It gets old. The AD is not firing him so support him or move on.

Brohm employs an exciting brand of offensive football? Purdue was tie 52 in total offense and UofL 56. Maybe when they do move the ball it is exciting but I prefer effectiveness and his offense is not much better.

Purdue is 42 in Sagarin and UofL is 31. I would expect to coach who is an upgrade to have a higher ranked team not lower.

Reactions: LVILLE21
Garrett Riley would be my #1 choice.
He appears to be a helluva coach and is on a really good run at TCU. Given his background and age, do you really think that he’s a realistic get for UofL and, someone who would be here longer than a couple of years?

Brohm employs an exciting brand of offensive football? Purdue was tie 52 in total offense and UofL 56. Maybe when they do move the ball it is exciting but I prefer effectiveness and his offense is not much better.

Purdue is 42 in Sagarin and UofL is 31. I would expect to coach who is an upgrade to have a higher ranked team not lower.

Illinois is 21 and TxA&M is 39. Do you think Bret Bielema is an upgrade over Jimbo Fischer?

Illinois is 21 and TxA&M is 39. Do you think Bret Bielema is an upgrade over Jimbo Fischer?
Texas A&M seems to have some dysfunction. It’s like asking if Satt is an upgrade over Bobby Petrino. At one point in time that would have been laughable. After 2018 not so much.

Also keep in mind Jimbo plays in the SEC West which is much tougher than the Big 10 West. The Big 10 West is easier to win than the ACC Atlantic because you don’t have a Clemson in the way. Purdue is 6-3 vs the Big 10 and 0-1 vs the ACC Atlantic.

He appears to be a helluva coach and is on a really good run at TCU. Given his background and age, do you really think that he’s a realistic get for UofL and, someone who would be here longer than a couple of years?
I don’t know how long Riley would stay but the only coaches we’ve had in the past 25 years that I thought would stay long term are Krag and Bobby 2.0 and neither ended well. If he won big and later moved on then at least we got to win big. I do think we could land him, this is a place he can win and landing a P5 role as your first HC job is pretty good.

I don’t know how long Riley would stay but the only coaches we’ve had in the past 25 years that I thought would stay long term are Krag and Bobby 2.0 and neither ended well. If he won big and later moved on then at least we got to win big. I do think we could land him, this is a place he can win and landing a P5 role as your first HC job is pretty good.
I’d throw Charlie Strong into that mix as well. He fooled me for sure but, Texas is Texas. At the end of the day, I’ve made it clear that I believe Brohm is the best long term option for UofL but, it’s not Brohm or bust. I just want someone better than Satterfield.

Texas A&M seems to have some dysfunction. It’s like asking if Satt is an upgrade over Bobby Petrino. At one point in time that would have been laughable. After 2018 not so much.

Also keep in mind Jimbo plays in the SEC West which is much tougher than the Big 10 West. The Big 10 West is easier to win than the ACC Atlantic because you don’t have a Clemson in the way. Purdue is 6-3 vs the Big 10 and 0-1 vs the ACC Atlantic.
No doubt on the relative strengths of the conferences. That said, Purdue is historically bad and for Brohm to win their half of the B1G is still a huge achievement - particularly after walking into a program that was 9-39 in the 5 years before he got there.

Not sure why the Satt slurpers are unable or unwilling to acknowledge that.

Just curious and, honestly, don't have time to look it up but how many B1G West teams fired their coaches during Purdue's meteoric rise to the Championship game? How many of those teams experienced complete nose dives where an 8-4 team was able to win their division?

Apparently you don't know TCU is in the Big 12 and that conference is a P5 conference? So Riley has already landed a P5 head job.

Just curious and, honestly, don't have time to look it up but how many B1G West teams fired their coaches during Purdue's meteoric rise to the Championship game? How many of those teams experienced complete nose dives where an 8-4 team was able to win their division?
Every single year teams underachieve - relative to the preseason predictions and fire coaches for various reasons. That doesn’t stop teams from rising above those situations and winning divisions and conferences - nor does it place an asterisk next to their accomplishments for anyone who’s unbiased.

While we’re at it - they should do away with preseason rankings. They’re typically made in a lazy fashion by people relying too heavily on last year’s data. They should take a page out of the playoffs system and wait until after the third or fourth week to put out any rankings. The current system only rewards incumbency.

Stupidass post and thread!! Don't understand why people keep bringing this up....ignorant.
“Stupidass” reply!!! Don’t understand why people who don’t want to talk about this, try to keep people from bringing it up…beyond ignorant.

Stupidass post and thread!! Don't understand why people keep bringing this up....ignorant.
Can you even define the word ignorant? If so, please inform us what we apparently don't know. What are we ignorant of?

I for one know exactly why Jeff Brohm's name comes up. It's not a mystery at all. Now you may disagree and that's fine, but it doesn't mean I'm ignorant. It means I have a different opinion.

Most will acknowledge that Brohm and Purdue playing in the BIG10 Championship Game is more a result of favorable inner-conference scheduling. I will be pulling for the Purdue upset tonight, but those chances are quite slim.

If Brohm is deemed successful at Purdue, he will either be rewarded to the point where he will never leave, or some SEC team will throw so much money at him that he will be forced to take it.

If Brohm is deemed to have failed at Purdue, his career as a P5 college HC will end.

Either scenario reduces any serious likelihood that Jeff will return as a HC to UL. (Yes Kerry Rhodes, I am referring to Underwriters Lab).

“Stupidass” reply!!! Don’t understand why people who don’t want to talk about this, try to keep people from bringing it up…beyond ignorant.
One of the reasons people can't fully get behind CSS. He has to hear this crap too. Who would blame him if he left? Have to constantly hear a group of folks always bringing a barely above .500 coach to take his job. All bc he played QB here 30+ years ago. I think that is ignorant. I'm behind you Coach Satt!!!

One of the reasons people can't fully get behind CSS. He has to hear this crap too. Who would blame him if he left? Have to constantly hear a group of folks always bringing a barely above .500 coach to take his job. All bc he played QB here 30+ years ago. I think that is ignorant. I'm behind you Coach Satt!!!
Satterfield is one game above .500.

The world sees 8 win Purdue as mediocre. And it is. But realistically 9 wins at Purdue is pretty darn good for a coach. Not many coaches can do that (or would even want to try) at Purdue. It is what it is. Brohm has taken Purdue as far as Purdue can go and he knows that.

As I see it, if UL comes looking again, he'll listen and he'll probably go home thinking he's leaving Purdue better than he found it. Which he has for sure. No one else will care about an 8-9 win coach like Brohm. They won't realize orunderstand that is as high as Purdue will likely ever go.

If UL doesn't want him, then we will be happy to keep him at Purdue for the rest of his career and churn out 8 to 9 wins a year, beat our rivals, and once in while knock off a top 5 team.

Satterfield is one game above .500.
That has been the argument on here for the last year!!! Are you really upgrading???

Look, I've said it 100 times, if Satt leaves and we hire Brohm, I will support him 1000% I just don't understand the contingent that wants to fire Satt to go and hire Brohm. That's what is aggravating.

That has been the argument on here for the last year!!! Are you really upgrading???

Look, I've said it 100 times, if Satt leaves and we hire Brohm, I will support him 1000% I just don't understand the contingent that wants to fire Satt to go and hire Brohm. That's what is aggravating.
He’s one game above .500 and is 0-6 against our biggest two rivals losing by an average of more than three TDs - how’s that for aggravating?? Those are reasons enough to move on from Satterfield regardless who you hire next.

Easy to say. So what! You are a part of the Brohm Mafia regardless.
IMO…Brohm is the one guy that we can get that would get asses in the seats at the stadium. At the end of the day we don’t have enough people going to games. The best I can surmise as they don’t find the product entertaining. Ultimately if our own fans aren’t entertained and stay away from the stadium then we are on a continuing slippery slope to irrelevance. I think there are things that can be done to help attendance. These have been mentioned in other threads including fixing the asinine parking situation in Purple Lot (you out there Josh Heird?!?). But having a coach and a product that galvanizes the fan base is the surest path back to relevance.

You said it well Louie III, most everyone likes Brohm, but we have a coach, and he now appears to be asserting himself for the future.

Reactions: Mayoman
IMO…Brohm is the one guy that we can get that would get asses in the seats at the stadium. At the end of the day we don’t have enough people going to games. The best I can surmise as they don’t find the product entertaining. Ultimately if our own fans aren’t entertained and stay away from the stadium then we are on a continuing slippery slope to irrelevance. I think there are things that can be done to help attendance. These have been mentioned in other threads including fixing the asinine parking situation in Purple Lot (you out there Josh Heird?!?). But having a coach and a product that galvanizes the fan base is the surest path back to relevance.
IMO opinion...he is not.

He himself denied himself that possibility in the hiring process that produced CSS as the chosen one by spurning the possibility.

Michigan will destroy Purdue today. I want the Boilers to win just to upset the FF pundits picking acumen...and to blow up the system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT