ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm going after #1 2020 Kentucky Recruit

• Back to OP, why would a great HS player in Kentucky want to go to Brohm sucks Lafayette when we have a better staff here? This staff will take out city and state back, believe that!

I doubt TJ always "got his man". You will never convince me that John L or Steve Kragthorpe was his #1 choice. Those guys were backup plans...
Well, who was his top choice in those situations? U of L football wasn't exactly Texas or Alabama. And I don't recall a Brohm debacle in twenty years under Jurich...

Curious as to which collegiate basketball association you believe UofL should play in, if not the NCAA.

Of course you take down the banner if the NCAA says to do so....
Last time I checked, the NCAA doesn't sit superior to the US court system.

"Vince" barely took time on his way to 2nd & Main to say he didn't have the money for that...

What does that mean? "He's doing a good job. That has nothing to do with his hiring." You think that Tyra's main hire is doing a good job, but you can't give Tyra any credit for the hire? If so, you have no credibility.
Hiring is a bang-for-your-buck situation. Mack's credentials were less than every coach paid more than he's paid except for one guy, the tOSU coach. "Vince" simply paid up to get a good coach. Viewing it as any more than that is a fake accomplishment.

Now, if Mack turns out to be a GREAT coach, you gotta give "Vince" credit for reeling him in. Mack ain't there yet.
One word – pathetic.

That’s what your incessant whining and opposition to Vince Tyra is … Pathetic. Let's use your own words from earlier in this thread and leave it at that… There’s a “high probability” that Brohm would not have been interested in working for Jurich.

In addition, let’s be honest, not every man (or woman) that Jurich landed as coaches were great hires, and some were even poor hires. For example, there was Kragthorpe and Kellie Young (women’s lacrosse). Yes, Jurich was a great AD, but he wasn’t perfect. And Tyra isn’t perfect and still has a lot of work ahead of him, but we should be able to agree that his hires (Mack, Satterfield, Holly Aprile for softball, Scott Teeter for lacrosse, Hayden for men’s soccer) have been good ones so far, so it's difficult to see what there is to complain about on that front.
In my view, fake accomplishments are pathetic. It's the product of insecurity about someone's true abilities. You have to build the person up with fake accomplishments.

One thing we know about Jurich and Brohm... The former AD couldn't have done any worse attracting Jeff here than that current AD has.

And if you wanna build a scorecard of Jurich's successes and failures, you can start a thread on that. The K-rags of the world are small by comparison.

Last edited:
Lack of criticism is not an endorsement. I think this describes most on this board. Hoping for the best is not a bad thing either.
I'm not talking about lack of criticism. That's understating the situation. I'm talking about remarks like "another great hire." Optimism is fine, delusion is not...

I'm not talking about lack of criticism. That's understating the situation. I'm talking about remarks like "another great hire." Optimism is fine, delusion is not...
I've decided NO hire will be "another great one..." for several years. I'll call it "optimistic hires". :p

Hell, we all thought BP was a GREAT hire. FF's were just around the corner. (he will be the forever poster child for "WTH happened?" )

So....I've decided, there are no "great hires" until they show they were a great hire. 1-3 years doesn't do it.

Reactions: earsky
I doubt TJ always "got his man"

giphy.gif

Hiring is a bang-for-your-buck situation. Mack's credentials were less than every coach paid more than he's paid except for one guy, the tOSU coach. "Vince" simply paid up to get a good coach. Viewing it as any more than that is a fake accomplishment.

Now, if Mack turns out to be a GREAT coach, you gotta give "Vince" credit for reeling him in. Mack ain't there yet.

In my view, fake accomplishments are pathetic. It's the product of insecurity about someone's true abilities. You have to build the person up with fake accomplishments.

One thing we know about Jurich and Brohm... The former AD couldn't have done any worse attracting Jeff here than that current AD has.

And if you wanna build a scorecard of Jurich's successes and failures, you can start a thread on that. The K-rags of the world are small by comparison.

There’s no need to be insecure because Tyra gets a little praise at times from some of us. Complimenting Tyra does not detract at all from what Jurich did. Obviously, Jurich hired many good coaches, he was responsible for the building of many great athletic facilities, and he led two major conference upgrades, first to the Big East and then to the ACC. His legacy on all of that is secure. But we would not be having this conversation at all if he had been successful at ensuring that the basketball program had no further scandals after the stripper scandal. Give Tyra’s hires some time (“let the cake bake”), and there’s a good chance that, as is the case with Mack so far, they will work out well.

...we would not be having this conversation at all if he had been successful at ensuring that the basketball program had no further scandals after the stripper scandal...
Jurich wasn't sacked for any reason other than power and money. He had it, the people who sacked him didn't. Pitino and whatever he did or didn't do were an excuse...

Jurich wasn't sacked for any reason other than power and money. He had it, the people who sacked him didn't. Pitino and whatever he did or didn't do were an excuse...

Of course, at the end of the day, your synopsis is correct. However, the “scandals” brought all of the bs to the attention of those that wanted the “power and money”. The scandals gave those folks the reasons for their obvious and illegal moves against Tom Jurich. Otherwise they don’t have to give him $7 million to go away. I’d have loved to have seen what would have happened in a court of law over this stupid dismissal of Tom Jurich. But he did it with class and took the money to avoid all of the negative press FOR UofL. And God knows we sure didn’t need any more of that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last time I checked, the NCAA doesn't sit superior to the US court system.

"Vince" barely took time on his way to 2nd & Main to say he didn't have the money for that...

Every reputable attorney agrees that UofL had not a prayer in challenging the appeals committees decision. If you would accept the opinion of legal experts, then perhaps you can begin the healing process. Good luck “Zipp”.

Reactions: Art79
We all be wise to let coaches prove their worth before saying they are a bad or great hire. Vince has done his job by hiring quality coaches. Only time will tell if he selected the right people for the athletic program. I hate comparing Jurich and Tyra coaching hires at this point in Tyra career as a AD. Let's see how it plays out.

I like the family culture Vince is building. Mack fits Louisville and early indicators are he is going to do just fine at Louisville. I like the Satterfield hire again he fits Louisville family culture. The comments and reasons given by assistants about wanting to work with him is encouraging. While I like the hire I have no idea if he will be successful at Louisville. If he can recruit like Mack has done in basketball and get his team to play at the App St level then football is in good shape.

Reactions: Mayoman
Every reputable attorney agrees that UofL had not a prayer in challenging the appeals committees decision. If you would accept the opinion of legal experts, then perhaps you can begin the healing process. Good luck “Zipp”.
I can't tell you how few experts I heard say that U of L was gonna lose a banner. Opinions are like a$$holes.

Thanks for your concern...

...I like the family culture Vince is building...
Most of us are viewing it from the outside. If you actually dig into that culture, you'll come away with a mixed picture (to say the least). And that's hardly surprising considering what has happened and is happening...

Last edited:
Of course, at the end of the day, your synopsis is correct. However, the “scandals” brought all of the bs to the attention of those that wanted the “power and money”. The scandals gave those folks the reasons for their obvious and illegal moves against Tom Jurich. Otherwise they don’t have to give him $7 million to go away. I’d have loved to have seen what would have happened in a court of law over this stupid dismissal of Tom Jurich. But he did it with class and took the money to avoid all of the negative press FOR UofL. And God knows we sure didn’t need any more of that...
As we discussed over beers Thursday nite, the fact of the matter is that Jurich couldn't have worked for U of L any longer. Absent all of the allegations and insinuations, the clowns actually did him a favor paying him to "retire".

But had Jurich walked out on his own, the environment behind him would have been different. THAT was the gross miscalculation that the clowns made. They should have been patient; instead they were impulsive. It cost them and it continues to cost them--and us...

I can't tell you how few experts I heard say that U of L was gonna lose a banner. Opinions are like a$$holes.

Thanks for your concern...

There’s a difference between sports media honks trying to figure out the NCAA and actual legal experts understanding rules and law.

Hank, Using the quotes around his name was brilliant. Thanks for coming up with that!

And you are exactly right about not going to court to appeal the NCAA decision. As far as I know, none of the 8 or so colleges that have had Final Fours vacated has gone to court, nor has USC for their football title nor ND or anyone else for the football games they had vacated. The reason is surely that they all concluded it was a losing proposition. The Penn State case was different, as unfortunately the NCAA did not have the right to penalize a school for horrendous activity that sadly did not violate specific NCAA rules.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
There’s a difference between sports media honks trying to figure out the NCAA and actual legal experts understanding rules and law.
No question. There are vast differences between these experts and those experts.

FewTameKid-size_restricted.gif

Hank, Using the quotes around his name was brilliant. Thanks for coming up with that!...
For S&Gs, please expound on the "brilliance" in that or how it even applies to me...

I think you brought up the wisdom of experts. Wasn't my narrative..

Your narrative that we have any recourse legally is a figment of your imagination. It’s funny how you’ve used this to tie Tyra into the scandal though. Very savvy attempt at misdirection!

Your narrative that we have any recourse legally is a figment of your imagination. It’s funny how you’ve used this to tie Tyra into the scandal though. Very savvy attempt at misdirection!
And your argument that we don't (have legal recourse) is hard science?

So how's the air up there?...

And your argument that we don't (have legal recourse) is hard science?

So how's the air up there?...

I choose to believe legal experts. You choose to believe your imagination because it fits your fictional narrative “Zipp”.

We all be wise to let coaches prove their worth before saying they are a bad or great hire. Vince has done his job by hiring quality coaches. Only time will tell if he selected the right people for the athletic program. I hate comparing Jurich and Tyra coaching hires at this point in Tyra career as a AD. Let's see how it plays out.

I like the family culture Vince is building. Mack fits Louisville and early indicators are he is going to do just fine at Louisville. I like the Satterfield hire again he fits Louisville family culture. The comments and reasons given by assistants about wanting to work with him is encouraging. While I like the hire I have no idea if he will be successful at Louisville. If he can recruit like Mack has done in basketball and get his team to play at the App St level then football is in good shape.
Family culture is awesome which is what my company preaches, but the bottom line is to make money. In this case, brings wins and keep fans happy. The fresh bread gets stale quickly...

I choose to believe legal experts. You choose to believe your imagination because it fits your fictional narrative “Zipp”.
I'll humor you...where's your legal experts?

I'll quote you a BIG "Vince" supporter in Mark Ennis who opined on his radio show that "Vince" needs to get those banners back up there...

I'll quote you a BIG "Vince" supporter in Mark Ennis who opined on his radio show that "Vince" needs to get those banners back up there...

I’d start with the myriad of different inside and outside counsel advising UofL and other institutions that have lost appeals to the NCAA. It takes a really crummy legal position for firms to turn away from a windfall of billable hours.

I can continue with several respected attorneys I know and have spoken to about this.

But the reality is that you don’t care because none of this fits your narrative.

I’d start with the myriad of different inside and outside counsel advising UofL and other institutions that have lost appeals to the NCAA. It takes a really crummy legal position for firms to turn away from a windfall of billable hours.

I can continue with several respected attorneys I know and have spoken to about this.

But the reality is that you don’t care because none of this fits your narrative.
Sure I care. Let's cite and discuss the specific opinions of people with NCAA training/experience who take the opposite POVs. After you...

One of the people on this thread is 0-2 in their last court appearances. Settled out of court on the one before those. Also scoffs at seat belt laws and traffic signals. Be cautious when selecting an internet legal expert. Amazing the stuff you can find on a google machine while having morning coffee. Would have posted this morning but wanted to have the car washed before spin class.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

Last edited:
Reactions: Art79
Sure I care. Let's cite and discuss the specific opinions of people with NCAA training/experience who take the opposite POVs. After you...

I don’t believe in coincidences. So the fact that the legal counsels of multiple institutions haven’t pursued legal action following NCAA appeals should be a clue. Have you ever met lawyers that would leave thousands of billable hours on the table? There’s that whole fiduciary duty thing, which includes not pursuing unicorns. You are smarter than this “Zipp”.

One of the people on this thread is 0-2 in their last court appearances. Settled out of court on the one before those. Also scoffs at seat belt laws and traffic signals. Be cautious when selecting an internet legal expert. Amazing the stuff you can find on a google machine while having morning coffee. Would have posted this morning but wanted to have the car washed before spin class.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

Thanks for the post and the link! Amazing what you can quickly and easily find there. Really illustrates how well some people understand the legal system. "Yikes"!

Oh my, “Zipp” has brought out a big gun now to support his flimsy position. Just wow, and ultimately meaningless.

And still no acknowledgement or response from “the clown” concerning the fact that none of the eight or so other colleges that have had Final Fours vacated has gone to court, nor has USC for their football title nor ND or anyone else for the football games they had vacated. Why would none of those schools challenge the NCAA rulings concerning the vacation of wins due to ineligible players? The reason is surely that they and their legal counsel all concluded it was a losing proposition. (The Penn State case was different, as unfortunately the NCAA did not have the right to penalize a school for horrendous activity that sadly did not violate specific NCAA rules.)

I don’t believe in coincidences. So the fact that the legal counsels of multiple institutions haven’t pursued legal action following NCAA appeals should be a clue. Have you ever met lawyers that would leave thousands of billable hours on the table? There’s that whole fiduciary duty thing, which includes not pursuing unicorns. You are smarter than this “Zipp”.
Oh my, “Zipp” has brought out a big gun now to support his flimsy position. Just wow, and ultimately meaningless.

And still no acknowledgement or response from “the clown” concerning the fact that none of the eight or so other colleges that have had Final Fours vacated has gone to court, nor has USC for their football title nor ND or anyone else for the football games they had vacated. Why would none of those schools challenge the NCAA rulings concerning the vacation of wins due to ineligible players? The reason is surely that they and their legal counsel all concluded it was a losing proposition. (The Penn State case was different, as unfortunately the NCAA did not have the right to penalize a school for horrendous activity that sadly did not violate specific NCAA rules.)
So you're saying the NCAA doesn't get sued? You wanna check the record before I do?...

So you're saying the NCAA doesn't get sued? You wanna check the record before I do?...

Cmon “Zipp”....you know that’s not what either of us are saying. The legal counsel for every university that has been through the appeals process has the same conclusion - the universities have willfully agreed to join the association and as such have agreed to the terms and conditions of said association. Even greedy lawyers agree that it would be a waste of university resources to challenge something that has been ruled upon within this association process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT