ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm going after #1 2020 Kentucky Recruit

You could say that about several kids this year which is why it stung a little bit more when Brohm decided to stay.

I like the staff being built, if he adds Tee Martin and the Wisconsin RB coach then recruiting will take care of itself.

Reactions: Art79
The kid would be playing here for sure if "Vince" had gotten his man...
You don’t know that he would for sure. You only know that CJB is recruiting him. So are others. This obsession with Vince NQ is getting weird.

We'd still have a 2013 NCAA Championship banner if the previous administration did it's job with oversight. We'd probably be getting the top recruits and coaches if there wasn't so much cleaning up to do.

I've been a fan for over 50 years and the current stench on this institution is bad. I became a fan of this program back in the days when they were known as the clean program of the region.

It will take some time to clean up this mess but I do believe we will get there. If you base everything on money and donations then you should reconsider moving integrity up on your list of values.

Nobody knows what will happen, but.........

I like our guys overall resume and philosophy. He know the up front wins games.

JB has YET to show any defense on his squads.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
If we are talking about Vito Tisdale of Bowling Green then I saw him play this season against St. X and he is the real deal. Ala Rondale Moore he is a threat to go all the way on any play.

You don’t know that he would for sure. You only know that CJB is recruiting him. So are others. This obsession with Vince NQ is getting weird.
Nothing's for sure, but let's just say "high probability" went to "less probability".

Weird is the effort to deflect all criticism of "Vince". He's a big (fan)boy...

We'd still have a 2013 NCAA Championship banner if the previous administration did it's job with oversight. We'd probably be getting the top recruits and coaches if there wasn't so much cleaning up to do.

I've been a fan for over 50 years and the current stench on this institution is bad. I became a fan of this program back in the days when they were known as the clean program of the region.

It will take some time to clean up this mess but I do believe we will get there. If you base everything on money and donations then you should reconsider moving integrity up on your list of values.
I think this thread's about football recruiting, but fine if you wanna change the subject...

Your banner is down because your AD beat a$$ to 2nd & Main to take it down once the NCAA said "go". He's spent a gazillion dollars in two years but didn't have enough to fight for it. "Vince" had no part in earning the banner, so he has no commitment to it. And in his mind, it helps validate his predecessor...

Last edited:
Reactions: general knight
I think this thread's about football recruiting, but fine if you wanna change the subject...

Your banner is down because your AD beat a$$ to 2nd & Main to take it down once the NCAA said "go". He's spent a gazillion dollars in two years but didn't have enough to fight for it. "Vince" had no part in earning the banner, so he has no commitment to it. And in his mind, it helps validate his predecessor...
I guess you didn't read past the first sentence. No surprise there.

"Our AD" (if you are a fan of the UofL) has a pile of crap to clean up from the previous admin. I personally don't agree with taking down the banner but I understand some politics have to be played in order to make some concessions for the heap of dung left behind from "our" previous administration.

As far as money... What can you say? Even our president spends money to clean up his messes. It's unfortunate that we're in this position but here we are.

Last edited:
Nothing's for sure, but let's just say "high probability" went to "less probability".

Weird is the effort to deflect all criticism of "Vince". He's a big (fan)boy...
Your criticism is for the most part based on wild extrapolation from almost no information. For someone interested in basic fairness, deflection of that type of criticism is important and useful.

I take no position on Vince NQ.....yet. He needs more time to be properly assessed. Resistance to wild accusations is not support of him - just a defense of reason and balance. I do support UofL. He’s our AD right now. That’s the extent of my support.

Who’s to say that Satterfield isn’t the man and “Willie Taggert” lite aka Brohm will never be the man. I don’t care one way or another if Brohm played at UofL or not - the bottom line is his resume doesn’t match up with Satterfield’s. Tyra made the right call but only time will tell.

Brohm would not have come here with TJ in charge. TJ is the one that fired him. Dont know who else was on short list but we probably still end up with Satterfield.

I guess you didn't read past the first sentence. No surprise there.

"Our AD" (if you are a fan of the UofL) has a pile of crap to clean up from the previous admin. I personally don't agree with taking down the banner but I understand some politics have to be played in order to make some concessions for the heap of dung left behind from "our" previous administration.

As far as money... What can you say? Even our president spends money to clean up his messes. It's unfortunate that we're in this position but here we are.
Excuses

(One word would have conveyed the message...)

Your criticism is for the most part based on wild extrapolation from almost no information. For someone interested in basic fairness, deflection of that type of criticism is important and useful.

I take no position on Vince NQ.....yet. He needs more time to be properly assessed. Resistance to wild accusations is not support of him - just a defense of reason and balance. I do support UofL. He’s our AD right now. That’s the extent of my support.
I'm fine waiting to criticize when others wait to eulogize.

Let me know when you have that agreement from everyone, and I'll rein it in...

Last edited:
Who’s to say that Satterfield isn’t the man and “Willie Taggert” lite aka Brohm will never be the man. I don’t care one way or another if Brohm played at UofL or not - the bottom line is his resume doesn’t match up with Satterfield’s. Tyra made the right call but only time will tell.
I don't disagree that Brohm may well be overrated. But that's not the issue--it's perception. Fans evidently wanted Brohm here, and recruits evidently wanna play for him. In the short run, that matters more than whether Brohm deserves the respect he gets...

I wonder how the conversation would have gone with Brohm if "Tom" was still the AD. I'm envisioning a phone call something like this...
"Hi Jeff, it's Tom Jurich."
Click.
Don't know. But history shows that Jurich got the man he was after. Unless it's a softball or soccer coach, we don't know who "Vince" can get...

Didn't Vince get Mack? Did I miss something?
"Vince" didn't get anyone...another fake accomplishment. $4 million--80% of Pitino's salary--for a guy with ONE Elite Eight. There's your bait.

BTW he's doing a good job. That has nothing to do with his hiring...

"Vince" didn't get anyone...another fake accomplishment. $4 million--80% of Pitino's salary--for a guy with ONE Elite Eight. There's your bait.

It’s been reported by various outlets that Mack was who Jurich had on the top of his “list” had Rick left, retired, whatever.

It’s been reported by various outlets that Mack was who Jurich had on the top of his “list” had Rick left, retired, whatever.

Even though I heard that “story” prior to Mack’s hiring, I’m afraid we’ll never know the truth. I believe CCM is doing a really good job here and I believe it will continue. I’m perfectly good with giving AD Tyra full credit for binging CCM here. Also for the CSS hire and for being able to “keep” Coach Mac running our baseball program also. All in all, I believe AD Tyra is doing a good job. There are areas that could use some improvement. I had breakfast on Christmas Day with a huge UofL supporter/donor (both academically and athletically) and he spoke in glowing terms about AD Tyra. And that wasn’t so much the case at this time last year. Things change and I believe many of our supporters are starting to line up behind AD Tyra. It’ll take a while but I believe the turn around is happening as we speak.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last edited:
I doubt TJ always "got his man". You will never convince me that John L or Steve Kragthorpe was his #1 choice. Those guys were backup plans. TJ got his man in Pitino which seemed an impossible hire [and cost us more than we ever gained]. But lets not act like TJ had a magic touch. He did a lot facility wise but even then he didnt always get his way. He wanted an on campus arena and that didnt happen.

The only guy I can give lasting credit for "getting his man" was Bill Olsen for getting Howard.

So if that’s true, Vince didn’t do any homework, he just went on the basis of Jurich’s recommendation?

I believe AD Tyra truly respects the work that Tom Jurich did here. And that would include following the type of “hiring” plan that Tom used to staff the athletics at UofL. But, with that being said, I think that Vince Tyra is his own man and sees the same thing that Tom did with Chris Mack.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Curious as to which collegiate basketball association you believe UofL should play in, if not the NCAA.

Of course you take down the banner if the NCAA says to do so....

What does that mean? "He's doing a good job. That has nothing to do with his hiring." You think that Tyra's main hire is doing a good job, but you can't give Tyra any credit for the hire? If so, you have no credibility.

Reactions: gocards1987
What does that mean? "He's doing a good job. That has nothing to do with his hiring." You think that Tyra's main hire is doing a good job, but you can't give Tyra any credit for the hire? If so, you have no credibility.

Tyra could rehire Pitino and he'd say it was a horrible hire.

Tyra can do no right in his eyes. He's just waiting for Tyra to move on.

Everyone else supports Tyra.

Don't know. But history shows that Jurich got the man he was after. Unless it's a softball or soccer coach, we don't know who "Vince" can get...

One word – pathetic.

That’s what your incessant whining and opposition to Vince Tyra is … Pathetic. Let's use your own words from earlier in this thread and leave it at that… There’s a “high probability” that Brohm would not have been interested in working for Jurich.

In addition, let’s be honest, not every man (or woman) that Jurich landed as coaches were great hires, and some were even poor hires. For example, there was Kragthorpe and Kellie Young (women’s lacrosse). Yes, Jurich was a great AD, but he wasn’t perfect. And Tyra isn’t perfect and still has a lot of work ahead of him, but we should be able to agree that his hires (Mack, Satterfield, Holly Aprile for softball, Scott Teeter for lacrosse, Hayden for men’s soccer) have been good ones so far, so it's difficult to see what there is to complain about on that front.

He's a clown show. When his lack of insight toward being Vince's B gets in the way, he changes the rules. Kind of kid I grew up beating down all the time. Vince Tyra is 10 times the AD lil tommy was. See, I can play lil zippy's game too because I don't believe a word of what I just typed. zippy really has a tremendous crush on vince.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT