ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Tyra meeting in Indy

I was thinking the same thing. Most big time schools have private jets the coaches use for stuff like this. The days of 12 hour car rides are long past.
Perhaps one of UofL’s deep pockets donors is supplying that plane...Maybe they leave that engine running and fly him to Louisville to announce at the UofL MSU game tonight? One can dream....

It seems to me that Brohm is in a bit of a precarious situation and so...I can definitely envision a situation where he meets with Tyra (outside the obvious negotiating tactic), in order to allow him (a friend) to say he gave every effort to sway him. As many have portrayed on Twitter (and this board), this cannot look like a failure for Vince.

Either way...we will know soon enough.

Assuming you are correct that he told players and recruits he is staying at Purdue, before he has even been offered from UofL, then he sits down and meets with the UofL AD...how would he be cut then? JB has not said to date that he has no interest in the UofL job. Then he meets with Vince. To me, that implies interest, but maybe that’s just me.

It seems to me that Brohm is in a bit of a precarious situation and so...I can definitely envision a situation where he meets with Tyra (outside the obvious negotiating tactic), in order to allow him (a friend) to say he gave every effort to sway him. As many have portrayed on Twitter (and this board), this cannot look like a failure for Vince.

Either way...we will know soon enough.
Don’t think Jeff would go that far to make Vince look good, especially with the statements Jeff has made about wanting to be part of Perdue’s future. Meeting with Vince after those statements would not be a good look for him. If Jeff wants to stay at Perdue and help Vince save face all he has to do is come out and say he’s not interested in the UofL job.

Reactions: td75
If it wasn't a friend, his alma mater, and the city where he grew up, perhaps.

It's all speculation. Just saying that if Brohm was a "no" (which by some accounts he was) and Vince is on the line...i can see it.

Don’t think Jeff would go that far to make Vince look good, especially with the statements Jeff has made about wanting to be part of Perdue’s future. Meeting with Vince after those statements would not be a good look for him. If Jeff wants to stay at Perdue and help Vince save face all he has to do is come out and say he’s not interested in the UofL job.

It's all speculation. Just saying that if Brohm was a "no" (which by some accounts he was) and Vince is on the line...i can see it.
If Brohm was a no, I think we would have heard that by now. No reason to wait on that news.

Just like Norvell, Fickell and Babers, Brohm would definitely be on Louisville's list even if he didnt play here or wasn't from here.

Difference is, we could poach him from Purdue, but expect him to get poached by Auburn, USC, NFL etc......

So yes he'd be on Louisville's list of potential hires.

I wanted Strong to replace liar Petrino in 2007. Just had to wait 3 years.

I wonder if he's just playing UofL like he did Tennessee last year. I hope he wouldn't do that to a school that gave him so much.
You don't know what you are talking about. Jeff didn't play with Tenn last year. He took a call from Peyton Manning, who wouldn't. Jeff never discussed the job or terms with the Tenn AD. That entire story was fabricated to make the AD look bad and push him out the door.

The Jeff Brohm not going to UT story last year broke here in Hoptown.

The morning they reported him going to UT, he was a Christian County High School and told his recruit that he wasn't leaving and was gonna go out an assure the rest of his recruits that day.

If Brohm stays at Purdue, I'm sure that will make all 5000 of their fans happy.

Actually we averaged over 50k at Ross-Ade this year. Rich coming from an IU football fan. Did they ever clean up the goose shit at Memorials Stadium from Saturday?

I wonder if he's just playing UofL like he did Tennessee last year. I hope he wouldn't do that to a school that gave him so much.
Yep, gave him so much like the last time he was there when they said....
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT